“needs help” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Greenville

You added Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Greenville to your Saves list
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Greenville
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   48 McPrice Court, Greenville, SC 29615 (Formerly Guesthouse Suites)   |
Ranked #48 of 62 Hotels in Greenville

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Beaufort, South Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

I will say that I would never in my life stay at this hotel again. I don't know what is worse the fact that the pool was almost dark brown, the spa was cold, the hotel rooms are filthy and moldy or that a guest who called himself the "hotel look-out" tried to sell us a used cell phone at our door. Nobody at the desk was available to help me with any concern I had. I was told by Sophia after calling the desk for over 15 minutes that the general manager was not available after I called to tell her someone I didn't know was knocking at my door in the middle of the night. She didn't offer to do a thing about it and sounded half asleep when she finally did answer. The hotel is old and in pretty awful shape. The service sucked and the overall room itself would look better after a fire. I am really disappointed I wasted my money at this dump.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
hemanshu32, General Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Greenville, responded to this review, July 18, 2014
Dear Guest

We are extremely concerned to note your dissatisfaction in the following area. Front Desk And Room Issue. I have taken care of most of the issue brought within my reach.
Thank you for sparing your time in completing our Feedback Form and bringing this matter to our attention and we sincerely hope that you will have no further cause for any complaint in our service and hope you are satisfied with the corrective action taken by us. Your comments will help us serve you and our entire guest better in the future.

We apologies for the annoyance/inconvenience that this may have caused to you. Because of this serious oversight, we are going to provide you with 50 % off on your Next Stay.
The hotel is actively working to improve service levels and your feedback has proved to be invaluable.

We continue to be committed to provide you and all our guests with the highest standard of service in the industry.
If you have any clarification please don’t hesitate to call us.

Columbia, South Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

• Could not check in at 3pm so they gave me a two story room (which came in handy since the upstairs shower didn’t work!)
• Housekeeping came one day at 6:45pm to clean my room
• Trash was left on the public sidewalk and on the stairs to my room (these items were still there the next day)
• Stains on the furniture
• Ceiling peeling and dirty in the downstairs bathroom
• Floor near toilet is stained
• Exterior is falling apart
• Pool was being “shocked” the whole time I was there
• No handle on oven door
• Dirty coffee carafe was there the whole time
• Oven vent hood had no paint on the top
• Cupboard had shelves that were falling apart

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Dear Guest

If you have any clarification please don’t hesitate to call us.

48 McPrice Court Greenville S.C. 29615
Work: 864-297-0099 Fax: 864-288-8203
Hdesai@sdchotels.com
Hilton Head, South Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

First of all let me just say that what is advertised on the internet is by far not what you actually get to stay in. The hotel is old, run down and the service of the lady who checked me in was absolutely pathetic. When I arrived, I came into a small lobby area and a black lady with no name tag on checked me in, after coming from the lobby area. When I arrived to the room, immediately I notice the steps to the room had been loose and unstable, I almost fell twice. The room had no towels, the bed looked like it had been slept in and the couch was filthy. The a/c wasn't working, the room had a foul odor to it. The guest staying next door had a lot of company and the music was loud. The kitchen was very old, old appliances and the counters felt sticky. I went back to the desk and as upset as I visibly was the lady who checked me in was absolutely unapologetic, or caring. She said, if I don't want to move rooms, she couldn't help me. She also mentioned she only had older rooms left. I was confused by that, because the room I was in was old looking. I had asked for her name twice and all I can remember is it started with a T. I asked for clean linen and some towels and if I could speak with a manager after I returned to the room, the lady said I should come get them and that they had no manager available. I was able to speak with a manager two days later and even though she did take care of all of my issues, and seemed to care for what happened, my overall experience was awful. Except for what she and the housekeeprs did for me and my room. The manager was great and the housekeeper who cleaned my room up nicely did not speak english but did a great job. I was stuck here by my company for what was 3 days out of the 9 originally planned. Thank God for the Homewood suites. I will never recommend this hotel and my company will not either. I hope in the future this hotel is torn down.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
hemanshu32, General Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Greenville, responded to this review, July 10, 2014
Dear Guest
Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you may have experienced.
At Hawthorn suites we take pride in ensuring our customer’s satisfaction. Unfortunately, we did not meet your expectations. Upon thorough review of the situation as a testament to our strive for perfection, we have taken steps to ensure that this will never happen again.

We deeply value your relationship with Hawthorn suites and are committed to providing you with the highest level of service simply because our customers deserve the very best. If you have any further questions or comments regarding this matter, please feel free to discuss it with me any time at 864-297-0099 And again please accept our sincere apology
Hiawassee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

Reasonably priced, clean rooms and almost like a little apartment. I will stay there every time I am in Greenville, SC.I would have loved to be able to stay longer.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham

On behalf of the Hawthorn suites I am writing to let you know how delighted we were to receive your kind words of praise. We’re so glad that you stayed with us. As a team, we strive to go above and beyond to ensure guest expectations are not just met, but exceeded.

Given the very nature of the hotel business, the hours are long and demanding. Day or night, good service depends upon people willing to give their very best at all times. That’s why it's truly rewarding when a guest recognizes our staff's efforts, and takes the time to say thanks.

We accommodate many guests each evening, and we strive to make their night's stay a satisfying one. We strive to provide the best customer service possible to our guests at all times. But, it’s only through their eyes that we can accurately assess the quality of the accommodations and services we provide.

We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed our stay with us. Again, let me thank you for your kind words. We're committed to total guest satisfaction, and we look forward to seeing you again.

We absolutely love having you here!!!!!!

Hawthorn Suites By Wyndham

Been to Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Greenville? Share your experiences!