“Hotel is in bad shape.” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Greenville

Save Saved
You added Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Greenville to your Saves list
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Greenville
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   48 McPrice Court, Greenville, SC 29615 (Formerly Guesthouse Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead, Save 15%
Ranked #47 of 62 hotels in Greenville

116 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Anderson, South Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

I chose this hotel because it was similar to one I stayed in before - an old Residence Inn with apartment-like layouts. What I didn't take into consideration was the fact that all hotel owners are not created equal. Hawthorn Suites is the most rundown hotel I have ever stayed in. Nothing works - refrigerators, thermostats... I am right now on my 2nd hour waiting on maintenance to fix a water leak in my kitchen. The wood is rotting. There's mold on every building. There's standing water everywhere. Sliding glass doors leading to patios are boarded up. The pool has mold in it. The staff hardly ever cleans the rooms. You can't even get a clean towel without going to the front desk. I will stay here long enough to satisfy my long term rate agreement, and then I am getting my family out of this slum. HUGE RIPOFF.

Room Tip: There isn't a good room at this hotel.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
hemanshu32, General Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Greenville, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
On behalf of the Hawthorn Suites, I’d personally like to thank you for the feedback on your stay with us this month.

As a team, we strive to go above and beyond to ensure guest expectations are not just met, but exceeded. Taking the time out of your day to fill out this survey means the world to us and is the key to our success here at the Hawthorn Suites.

We appreciate your survey. We appreciate customer like you that give us chance to improve by giving your feedback. Thank you so much again for taking time to fill the survey. It helped us greatly to know where we failed you. We had meeting with our staff this morning and we address all the areas that you mentioned.

We do want to make a great stay for you, next time you are here with us. If you have any further questions, comments, suggestions or if there is anything we can do to make your next stay more memorable, we would love to hear more from you. Please feel free to contact me at the contact information listed below at your convenience.

Again, thank you for your feedback. We look forward to seeing you again!

Hemanshu Desai
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham
48 McPrice Court Greenville S.C. 29615
Work: 864-297-0099 Fax: 864-288-8203
Cell: 504-905-2323
Hdesai@sdchotels.com
Montgomery, Alabama
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

I stayed at the Hawthorn Suites at 48 McPrice Court on 7/27/2013. When I got up to start my day there was no hot water for the shower and since I was in a hurry I had to do without. When I checked out I informed the front desk about the issue and I was confused with another guest that had the same issue. When we got it figured out I was asked “did you let it run”?, I did for 15 minuets. I was then informed it was an electrical breaker problem. While I understand this; it does not help me going without my shower. The desk clerks at check in and out were nice, I was not offered anything but “were sorry”. While the room was comfortable but dated on the inside, the outside was a different story. Going to my room I felt like I needed an machete to hack through the overgrown bushes, but I found out why the bushes are overgrown in order to hide the dilapidated conditions of the buildings at the hotel. This property needs extensive exterior building maintenance landscaping. I am writing this with 20 years of hospitality experience where I have been a hotel manager, a corporate auditor, and currently a hotel booker who spends over 100 nights a year in hotels across the country.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Marcia M, General Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Greenville, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
Thank you for sharing your review with us. I apologize that your hot water did not work. I will have the maintenance department check the hot water heater. We use all reviews to ensure that each guest stay is the best it can be. Thank you for your time .

Been to Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Greenville? Share your experiences!