“It was a good stay, hotel/staff were great, area needs help from City of Greenville” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn & Suites

Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #49 of 62 Hotels in Greenville
Virginia Beach, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

Our room was really nice and clean, also it was for the most part quiet while we slept. Everyone was helpful and kind. We enjoyed the pool and breakfast daily.Grandma's Kitchen in hotel was wonderful.

Room Tip: rooms on back of pool were quiet
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
  • Korean first
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

I was first put in a room that smelled like smoke so bad I had to be moved immediately. The second room also smelled but not nearly as bad.

As I was settling down I stepped in glass near my bed. Upon further examination it was glass from a broken crack pipe.

I packed up and checked out immediately.
The hotel didn't seemed to surprised by this. They have refused to give me a full refund. I had booked 2 nights and left shortly after checking in. They would only refund me the second night. Talk about adding insult to injury.

Other things I didn't mention mention in my original complaint. There where guest propositioning prostitutes outside my room. On the way to my room I walked by some guests who were openly smoking pot.

I would not stay here unless you absolutely have to. If you have a family do not bring them here.

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

We were very pleased to stay in this hotel.
Friendly staff. Clean room. Good mattresses. Nice pool area. Quite. Great complimentary breakfast. Discount for seniors. Very reasonable price.
Close to beautiful State Parks. 10 min from downtown.

Room Tip: On the first floor, not smoking room.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Newport News, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2014

I guess I will start with check-in which took 20 mins or so because there were SO MANY customers at the front desk complaining about their rooms. Bloody mattresses, urine on the floor, dirty tubs, etc. When we finally got to our room, the freezer was nasty and so was the bathroom. We ended up buying our own cleaning supplies. Exercise room was sufficient and the breakfast smelled delicious although I did not eat any. Some of our family members checked out because it was so low budget.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2014

We recently stayed at this hotel (room #242) and had a horrible experience with the room and management. While looking for a spot to charge our cell phones we moved the end table that was between the two beds and their was a rat sitting on the cords. It went back into a nice size hole underneath the socket. The night staff did not seem surprised by the claim and even laughed about. They did offer us a different room. When we told the manager or owner about it later on, he wouldn't say which, he got belligerent and loud exclaiming that they had rats ten years ago but not anymore! He also raised his voice telling us to leave after we stated that he didn't want his guests to know that there were rats. Then he accused us of having rats in our car. We have filed a complaint against him, Joseph Elderidge, the name he gave us, and against the hotel. He was extremely unprofessional!

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

We were looking for a pet friendly place to stay overnight as we were looking for an apartment in town. This had a nice clean room, and you can bring your dog if you need to or have one. breakfast was good and they had sausage, gravy and bsicuits as well as the waffle maker and cereal.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Courtland, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2014

I was pleasantly surprised by the cleanliness and quality of this hotel.

I usually stay in the big chain hotels. This small, privately owned hotel is a pretty clean and nice hotel at 1/2 of the cost of the big chains.

Rooms are around $60 / nite. Staff is very friendly and wireless connection is FAST.

Really nice outdoor pool and common area.

Stay here and save some $$$

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

Been to Quality Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!