“Beware - Bed Bugs!!!!!!” 1 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #49 of 62 Hotels in Greenville
Greenville, South Carolina
“Beware - Bed Bugs!!!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2011

This hotel has bed bugs! Had two rooms for two nights to celebrate the 16th Birthday of my niece with her friends. On the second night, we found bed bugs in one of the beds. We captured some in a cup, took them to the desk; the desk clerk was nice but had no authority, she moved us to another room. Needless to say, we didn't sleep at all, although we inspected the beds of the new room, we were still afraid of infestation. So, we kept the lights on and stayed up. The manager/franchisee was supposed to be in at 7 a.m. but he didn't come in and apparently the staff is afraid to call him. After several trips to the office, they finally called him and he said that there was nothing that he could do about it...imagine! Unfortunately, no one informed the maid. We spoke to her, she had remade the room (249) for occupancy. It was not sealed or anything! But, the concerning thing is that as she cleans, she could be carrying the eggs and infestation to other rooms. I am sooooooo stressed that my head is about to come off my body! Don't use this hotel...it's a dump!!! Oh, if you have friends or relatives who attend Clemson, please warn them about this hotel. It was a big Clemson/Auburn game weekend and a lot of the families and fans were staying there.

Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
  • Korean first
Greenville, South Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2011

Please don't waste your money by staying here at this hotel. You truly get what you pay for! First of all, I reserved my room on the Internet to get a better rate but they charge me the regular rate instead and refused to refund me or anything. The toilet was broken and the bath tub leaked. Even housekeeping is horrible, they don't even come in to clean your rooms on a daily basis...And if you need towels or rags, you have to go downstairs and get them yourself. We had to walk at least 15 minutes every morning for breakfast because there's wasn't good at all. When checking out, I got the worst treatment of all, THE RUDEST MANAGER(AHMAD) THAT I'VE EVER CAME ACROSS! When asking about my Internet rate, he kept telling me that I was wrong me and wasn't going to do anything about it. HE THAN BEGAN TO SCREAM AT ME AND EVEN CALLED ME STUPID!!! He told me to get out an never come back...Because of this, I will never go back to stay to this hotel again!1 They are rude and don't care about the guests at all. So please save you time and energy and never stay here You truly will get what you pay for!

Room Tip: Just go to another hotel!!!
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Columbia, South Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2011

On check in clerk was on the phone so much it took half an hour to check in.
Next morning I was telling the morning clerk what happened, when some other employee
got in my face about what I was complaineing about. He was going to hit me when someone else held him back. Then on my way out to my truck This guy was waiting for me outside. I told him to leave me alone and got into my truck. I should have called the cops, but I had to go to work.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Virginia Beach
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2011

I had a coupon for this hotel for a reasonable rate, which is why I decided to stay here for one night one my way to Atlanta. The front desk staff was very friendly and hospitable. I was very impressed with the size of my room. The only downside was that the ice machine didn't work, and I had to buy a bag of ice from the grocery store across from the hotel. The clerk informed me when I checked out that there were several ice machines that were working, and said I didn't have to purchase a bag of ice from the grocery store. I prefer to stay in Choice Hotel properties, but I'm not sure if I would stay at this location again, because of the inoperable ice machine.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
Clemson, South Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2011

The first room that I checked into, the exterior door would not lock or close all the way. I then went back to the office and asked for a different room. My new room made me feel a little bit better considering that the door did indeed close all the way. The room had flies throughout upon arrival, as well as numerous (small) spiders that were spotted throughout the room. The electric outlets did not have covers on them, leaving open electric cables right up against the bed, being a big fire hazard. The sink and mirror area was nice; The countertops were granite and the faucet was actually clean and appeared to be new. The toilet and shower area were a completely different story. There was mold all throughout the shower area, as well as rust on the shower faucet. The neighborhood was very loud, not only from having very thin walls and being able to hear the other guests, but also from being on a very busy road. This hotel is very old and very run down, but it is summed up with "You get what you pay for."

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
Yorkshire, England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2011

One one best hotels we have ever stayed in in USA. Spotlessly clean, huge bed, great breakfast and helpful staff. For the price paid, this was the best bargain ever and would have been worth double the price we paid.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2011

The husband want to get away for a couple of days on a tight budget. We read the reviews and took a chance and we were pleasantly surprised. The hotel was easy to find but the area seemed a little
run down. The room was very clean as was the lobby and the property. The work out room was a joke; broken tread mill,and three other peices of home gym machines in bad shape. Breakfast was decent with some hot items. Great for a short stay.

• Stayed February 2011

Been to Quality Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!