“Incredibly better than expected” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Clarion Inn & Suites Greenville

You added Clarion Inn & Suites Greenville to your Saves list
Clarion Inn & Suites Greenville
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   50 Orchard Park Drive, Greenville, SC 29615 (Formerly Quality Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #27 of 62 Hotels in Greenville
Taylors
“Incredibly better than expected”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2013

Stayed in a nice king suite for Choice Rewards Night. Very comfortable, roomy, beautiful decor, large desk, recently upgraded, friendly and helpful staff, incredible breakfast with lots of hot choices. Very quiet and safe, yet centrally located. Overall a wonderful stay.

Minor issues included slow WiFi, lack of sprinkler system in my room, and breakfast room was not very relaxing with lots of traffic by staff to the associated restaurant--as well as some equipment was broken or had not been cleaned in a while. Minor disappointment.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Gloria B, Guest Relations Manager at Clarion Inn & Suites Greenville, responded to this review, December 31, 2013
Thank you for your review of our hotel, as you mention, we have renovated and upgraded the property to its comfort and beauty as you experienced. I will forward your comments about the Wi-Fi being slow, I know this is very important to travelers and we will address this issue immediately. Just so you know, we do meet fire codes for our hotel; hotels of 2 floors and outside entrance are not required to have in room sprinklers, the rooms are equipped with hard wired smoke detectors for everyone safety.
We appreciate your business and look forward to having you visit again soon.
Guest Relations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Tampa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013

I travel for business quite often and booked this hotel stay through Priceline. The hotel is convenient to the interstate and has restaurants close by. My room was comfortable and clean and hotel offered the best free hot breakfast I have encountered.

Richard N

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Gloria B, Guest Relations Manager at Clarion Inn & Suites Greenville, responded to this review, December 12, 2013
Thank you for choosing the Clarion Inn & Suites in Greenville for your recent business travel. I am glad that you found our hotel clean and comfortable and that you enjoyed our breakfast.
We appreciate your business and hope you will make our hotel your home when you are in the Greenville area.
Lake Worth, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

We recently stayed at this Clarion Inn near the Haywood Mall
in Greenville, SC. The motel room was very clean with comfortable
beds and pillows which made sleeping very good.
This is the only motel, that we have stayed at, where you can get
a hot, home cooked breakfast that comes with your stay.
We have stayed at this motel on many occasions and have never been
disappointed.

Room Tip: They have non-smoking rooms and come with two double They have non-smoking rooms and are pet frie...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Gloria B, Guest Relations Manager at Clarion Inn & Suites Greenville, responded to this review, December 2, 2013
We are so glad that we exceeded your expectations. Thank you for your review for choosing the Clarion.
Please plan to visit again soon.
Elizabethton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013

In Greenville for a business conference downtown stayed 3 nights. I selected this hotel mostly because I frequently search this chain brand; but, ultimately go for the best price or hotels that have the most to offer and this location fit everything I wanted/needed. Bed was comfortable with plenty of pillows, exceptionally clean, everything worked in bathroom and towels galore. I asked for first floor, due to arthritic knees & back but do not have a need for a accessible type room, so they accommodated me with ease. A guest a few doors away I met by the car was there for a Clemson game and said this is a popular location and generally fills up fast and stays full all the time. A sign at the door to notify all who visit, this hotel is the recipient of a 2013 Trip Advisor Award and in my opinion very justified. The breakfast was scrumptious with all fresh cooked real breakfast foods fit for a queen/king probably the best I've ever had at a hotel. I also appreciate the early start time for breakfast because it worked well with the schedule I had to keep. Staff is very nice, helpful giving exact directions with a shortcut to bypass traffic to get to where I needed to go. Southern hospitality at its best at this location. Check out was quick and effortless as well. I highly recommend this hotel location and when coming to the area again definitely will stay here.

Room Tip: Rooms on the back side by the pool would be my first preference and with no elevator definitely firs...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your review, we are proud of our award but more important we are proud of our guest who become friends and return over and over. We are fortunate have a multitude of guest for conferences, such as yours, corporate, leisure and those wonderful football fans, and we appreciate all of them.
Your business is important to us, please plan to visit again soon - it was a pleasure having you stay with us.
Sandusky, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013 via mobile

I have stayd here a few times it is my hotel of choice the staff is wonderful and will take the time to make u feel welcomed and get u to were u need to go the rooms are clean and nicely updated and the free breakfast in the morning is great I would recommend this hotel to anyone needing to stay in the Greenville area

• Stayed November 2013
We truly appreciate you choosing the Clarion as your home hotel when you are in the Greenville area. We always try to exceed your expectations.
Again, we appreciate your business and look forward to having you visit again soon.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013

This is truly a budget hotel but it's clean and the bed was very comfortable. It was very quiet and we had a great night's sleep. The pub has pretty good food, including burgers and beer battered onion rings. Only problem was the lack of an elevator and luggage carts.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for choosing the Clarion Inn & Suites in Greenville SC for you recent visit to the area.
I am sorry that not having an elevator was an inconvenience, on your next stay we will do all possible to assign you a room on the ground floor.
We appreciate your review and your business is important to us and is truly appreciated.
Sevierville, Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

This was our first visit to Greenville, SC. We were traveling for my husband's medical care. We based our need to stay overnight, as to how long my hubby' appointment was, and as it turned out, we needed a hotel after all. As a Choice Rewards member, I telephoned the central reservation line and booked the Clarion. I requested FIRST FLOOR, Smoking, king bed. Please DO NOT chastise me because I am a smoker...it's a personal decision! When I booked the room, I explained to the reservationist that my husband was disabled and in a wheelchair and that we MUST have a first floor room! The reservationist said they did have this room type available so I booked it. The time of booking was after 4PM and the reservationist advised me that I would not be able to cancel. I wasn't worried about this, because I felt comfortable with the promised accommodations. Please note, I did have a bit of difficulty hearing the woman when booking, due to our cell phone connection.

When we arrived at the property, we noticed several children playing in the parking lot, spraying a water hose all over guest's cars and the walkways, parking, lot, etc. They apparently lived at this hotel because they were also running in and out of a room and to us, it did not appear that they were hotel guests. The property looked quite old and from the outside, not well maintained!

I entered the lobby approaching the front desk and was greeted very rude by the female desk clerk, who was not welcoming at all! She was on a personal phone call and took her sweet time to wait on me. I gave my name and said that I had made a reservation 10 minutes ago (YES IT WAS ONLY TEN MINUTES) and that I had booked a FIRST floor, smoking, king. She replied that the smoking rooms were on the upper level. I asked them if they had an elevator, because my husband is handicapped and he could NOT walk up stairs. I further explained that if they could not accommodate us, we would not be able to stay there. Then, she got really nasty with me, advising that I had booked after the cancellation time, and they would charge my credit card any way. I told her that I had never had a problem with ANY hotel that we had stayed with, if we refused the room for any reason and that it was unacceptable that they were going to charge my credit card. I then asked for the property manager.

The owner/manager came out and the desk clerk went on to explain the situation and my request for a refund, while rolling her eyes! The owner/manager reviewed the reservation on the computer and advised me with a serious attitude, that they would not refund and would still charge my credit card. I explained that I requested a first floor room. I questioned him as to how my husband who is in a WHEELCHAIR and CAN'T walk up stairs would possibly get to the second floor? I told him to have a look in our truck and see for himself all the walking aids, wheelchair, etc. we carry. I further told this extremely greedy, nasty man that I had booked the hotel room only 10 minutes earlier, the hotel was not full, and that it was completely ridiculous to charge my credit card! He refused to give me any consideration whatsoever. I then left, called Choice Hotels central booking line, moved up the management food chain, and they also refused to refund or intervene, explaining, that each hotel is privately owned and it's basically their decision as to the cancellation policies!

We then found a fabulous hotel, which we now stay with, each and every month that we travel to Greenville, SC for my husband's health care!

After this, I was planning on disputing the charges, however, my husband became very ill, time went by, and I did not follow up. I realize this is my fault. I do however, plan on attempting to dispute these charges of 78,00. We are seriously outraged at this owner's greed and discrimination practices. Bottom line, they do not care about their guests, and only want as much money as they can rob from you! Needless to say, we will NEVER stay at a Choice hotel again, EVER! I am also going to call every agency that are advocates for the disabled, and file a complaint!

Room Tip: Not a good place to stay for the disabled!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Gloria B, Guest Relations Manager at Clarion Inn & Suites Greenville, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
We do not discriminate against handicap. We meet all the standards and requirements to meet the needs of our handicap guest. All of our handicap accessible rooms are on ground level.
According to our records this incident happened in June of 2013. The reservation requested a smoking king room. All our smoking rooms are on the upper level. There was not a request for a handicap room, just a smoking room.
Our property has been completely renovated and our rooms, lobby and facilities are as a brand new hotel. It is an older hotel with exterior corridors, with spacious, clean, comfortable and quiet rooms with all the amenities of the newer hotels. The renovation was extensive
The kids that you mentioned were with families staying at the hotel, no one lives on property.
At the time of arrival, we were in a sold out situation, we had the room requested according to the reservation, and therefore, you were charged for the room. I can assure you that our owner is neither nasty nor greedy,
We are sorry for the confusion with the reservation and for the inconvenience to you.
We wish you and your husband safe travels in the future.
Guest Relations Manager

Been to Clarion Inn & Suites Greenville? Share your experiences!