“Best customer service I've encountered” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Bed & Breakfast Package
Ranked #24 of 62 Hotels in Greenville
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Best customer service I've encountered”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I stayed In Greenville at the Hyatt last week for a firend's birthday party. When we got in the hotel they did not have the correct room available and put all of us (almost 20 people) into a small king size room. We were cramped and missserable, but decided to make the best of the situation because we did not want to ruin the birthday weekend. Later in the night our event planner came to check in and was very upset about the fact that we had not gotten the room he had booked. He spoke with a very nice young lady (Christen I believe was her name) at the desk who went well above and beyond to accomodate us. She moved us from the small cramped room to three connecting rooms and did not charge us a penny over what we were originally paying. This was the best customer service that I have ever experienced and I am honored to have someone go as far as she had to make us comfortable and satisfied. Also, the woman who was working security was phenomenal. She helped us move everything from our old room to our new room, which was about three of the carts full and had a great attitude the entire time. We called down for plates and utensils and was told they would find us some immediatley. Not even 5 minutes later we had everything we had asked for. During breakfast the next morning our waitress was the best. She kept a smile on her face and brought everything in a timely manner and made sure it was fresh. We will bring every event we plan here in the future because of the experience we had with just a few employees. Great job Hyatt, keep up the amazing work!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
HotelMngerGM, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Greenville, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay at the Hyatt Regency Greenville. Your review was a pleasure for us to read and we were delighted to learn that the service provided by our associates surpassed your expectations. We will definitely share your compliments with our entire staff to recognize them for a job well done. Thank you again and we look forward to welcome you back very soon.

Larry Bell

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Greenville, South Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

With the exception on a couple managers, the majority and the GM treated us horrendously after my family member was injured due to negligence of the hotel. They should of been falling at out feet instead they sent us disgusting emails treating us as if we were horrible people. The staff otherwise is so sweet and the hotel accommodations room wise are "OK" not good for the price. I'm so disappointed in the treatment after this unfortunate incident. We will not be staying here ever again and I hope the correct actions are taken by the management company that oversees this hotel. I would think twice about staying here. The Westin Pointsette is much nicer and the ENTIRE staff is amazing, and it's less expensive!! I would stay there or the Hampton Inn in the west end is super nice as we'll!

Let me also call out the "manager" Elizabeth who was awful and I'm pretty sure she sat there watching me talk and didn't listen to a word I said. After a nose was broken due to their stupidity in placing an ice bucket on a tall shelf of the closet (???? Really????) whose lid didn't fit at all, she offered to take off $40 off our room... Wow really? Thanks so much (input sarcasm here)

Thanks for reading! Hope this helped anyone on their decision of where to stay in downtown Greenville!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
HotelMngerGM, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Greenville, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear guest:

We are truly sorry for the mishap that has happened during your stay. After investigation, we strongly disagree with the characterization of our hotel contained in your review.

Greenville, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I travel to Greenville a lot, and have stayed at every hotel on "Main Street" in Greenville SC.
The Hyatt is by far the nicest.

In almost a year of monthly travel, I've not met an employee that has not extremely friendly.

If you are visiting, see Ladonna Welch, the concierge here. She knows Greenville like the back of her hand and has helped me many times... finding things to do and/or places to eat.. or anything you need.. reservations etc. She is great! James, Scott and Mark at the Bell Desk are extremely helpful as well.

I saw a review of "poorly trained staff"? I have to disagree. I've met folks on their 2nd day that seemed extremely seasoned.

The hotel itself is remodeled nicely, but certain things do show "aging". I've had (maybe) one closet door now that actually rolls on the tracks. Other than that, extremely nice. If you can, get a room withOUT an adjoining door to a neighbor suite, and it will be very quiet. If you are Diamond Member or want an upgrade room, the "Main Street King" suite is super nice...more windows and drapes than I've ever seen.. and extremely spacious with a great view of Main Street. Very nice upgrade for Diamond...

Room Tip: Ask for a room with no adjoining door to neighbor suite. 8th floor rooms 851-861 or so can be nois...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for your outstanding review of your stay at the Hyatt Regency Greenville. We are delighted to learn that you are a regular guest and we appreciate you taking the time to share your perspective with other potential travelers. Of course, we are proud of our associates as they strive to go above and beyond for each of our guests. I will surely pass on your positive feedback to Ladonna, James, Scott and Mark. They will be happy to know that their efforts are being noticed and appreciated by our guests.We look forward to welcoming you back soon to the Hyatt Regency Greenville.

Poplar Grove, IL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

The location and staff at this hotel are great but the renovation is going on forever. Maybe it's time to give up on it. There is always work going on, even in the evenings while receptions and reunions are going on. The fitness room is still inadequate. The ventilation is poor and the ceilings are so low that you are cramped when using some of the machines. Some of the room features are questionable like the sliding bathroom doors. Reality is not the same as the design. But the location is still the best in town with all the best activities and restaurants close by.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
HotelMngerGM, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Greenville, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Thank you for your comments regarding our staff and our convenient location in Greenville. We agree, the location makes our hotel a perfect venue to enjoy the outstanding restaurants and unique shopping experiences within a short walk of our front door. We are always striving for perfection and your remarks will certainly assist us in moving forward. I have brought these issues to my renovation team so they can take action in correcting this. I do hope you will reconsider and return to the Hyatt Regency Greenville should your travels bring you back to this area. Please contact my office with your future stay dates and I will see to your reservations details. We hope to welcome you back soon.

Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We stayed here very briefly while in town.

First of all, this is one of the best places to use your Hyatt points for a free stay (or points plus cash) given that it is the lowest category.

As a Diamond member, I received an unexpected upgrade to a panorama suite (602). Very nice (albeit oddly-shaped) room with plenty of space.

The bed was comfortable. The pool, while rather noisy, was refreshing.

The cleanliness was spotty in a few places - the most notable being that we found a ladies' shoe in one of the chairs in our room (definitely not ours - being that we are 2 men). My partner used to be a hotel housekeeper, and this was a first for him.

I also accidentally left my wallet at the front desk, and for whatever reason they didn't even bother to call up to my room to let me know they had it. Apparently this is the way it is in the South - not what we are used to in the North.

The breakfast was a bit of a mixed bag. Great fruit, great biscuits (as to be expected in the South) but terrible croissants.

Overall, a good place, save for these minor flaws.

Room Tip: Not near the pool!!!
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your recent stay at the Hyatt Regency Greenville and for your feedback.Please accept my apology regarding the difficulty you had with our service and staff. I have brought your concerns to our Management Staff at our weekly meeting, and we have taken appropriate action to make sure these issues are taken care of, and that this does not happen again in the future. I do hope you consider us when you return to Greenville in the future.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The hotel looks nice, but the walls are thin and the generally very pleasant staff is poorly trained in hospitality based on my 1 night stay this week.

Room service was clearly understaffed/supplied- they were out of a bunch of stuff, and it took a while to even get through to them.
I was woken up at 1am by an employee banging on my door to tell me that one of the neighboring rooms was having trouble sleeping because of noise. There was no excessive noise coming from my room- I was sound asleep and the only one in it. I did have the TV on at a barely audible level (6 out of 100 on a Samsung FWIW) but that was just for white noise so that I didn't have to hear doors slamming in the hallway and noises from other rooms.

Then at 8:30am the maid let herself into my room. (My fault I guess, I didn't put up the Do Not Disturb, but housekeeping should never *assume* a guest has checked out at 8:30am!)

Oh and the paid *premium* WiFi was so slow I resorted to using my 3G phone.

Room Tip: Ask for one at a different hotel!
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for posting your review on this site so we would be aware of your experience. Although we believe that your visit to our hotel wasn't consistent with our normal service, we can entirely understand your frustration. We take all feedback from our guests very seriously indeed, so you can be assured I have reviewed your comments with our team. Please reach out to me personally at my email address below. I would like to speak with you first hand and make this right.

larry.bell@hyatt.com
Bennettsville, South Carolina, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Pros: The hotel itself is nice. Very modern and sleek hardware in the room in which we stayed. Valet parking is available. Friendly staff. Great location! Clean rooms.

Cons: Be ready to shell out BIG bucks for a room with few amenities! My husband and I needed a room for the night due to an early morning appointment in Greenville the next day. One bed, one tv, one full bathroom. Had no kitchen or counter space whatsoever. No microwave. Only coffeemaker was for a one cup that was tucked away neatly inside of the nightstand. (Found this to be an odd place to store it). Since there was no counter space at all, I had to remove and somewhat rearrange the small table/desk to set it up. Could hear voices throughout the night as if the walls were paper thin. We did not get a good night's sleep.

Our stay here was from 10pm until 8:30am the next morning. Cost: (with valet parking, a whopping $227.00)! Definitely money NOT well spent. Please do the research before booking a hotel here!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for your recent stay at the Hyatt Regency Greenville and for taking the time to give us your feedback.Although I was happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, I am sorry that you felt the cost of the room you paid did not support the accommodations we offered. We try to stay competitively priced with the area hotels and I will check with my Revenue Manager to make sure we are following these procedures. Thank you again for sharing your concerns, I hope we get a chance to welcome you back for another stay. In the meantime, if there is anything else I can do, please feel free to reach out to me directly.

Hyatt Regency Greenville

Been to Hyatt Regency Greenville? Share your experiences!