“Nice Looking, Convenient Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Double Your Points
Ranked #19 of 62 Hotels in Greenville
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Nice Looking, Convenient Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2014

The hotel is beautifully designed and well maintained. The room was very comfortable, well-furnished, and spacious. It did not come with a mini-fridge or microwave, although I understand those are available for a fee. The airconditioner was a bit loud and ran constantly, but I became used to it. Once in awhile I heard folks talking in the hallway, but not that often. There's not much for free in the hotel other than citrus water in the lobby. The parking lot was very convenient and adjoined the hotel. You couldn't ask for a better location in terms of Main Street, which is a really nicely renewed street full of restaurants and shops. My largest complaint about the hotel other than the lack of free wi-fi in the room was that the lobby temperature was ice cold. I learned to bring a jacket when going to the lobby to get free wi-fi. The front desk staff members were always friendly and helpful. Overall, a very nice, large, modern hotel in a beautiful city.

Green Features: They could help the environment and lower their costs by not freezing out the large lobby.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
HotelMngerGM, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Greenville, responded to this review, August 19, 2014
Thank you for choosing the Hyatt Regency Greenville for your recent stay. We are delighted that you enjoyed your visit. Of course we are proud of our striking lobby and newly renovated hotel facilities. We are located in the heart of downtown Greenville. Our city offers great shopping and dining options and our hotel is in the premier location to experience the best of Greenville. Please return for a second visit soon!

Larry Bell

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Chapel Hill
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2014

If you don't mine driving 2-6 miles I would suggest staying at one of the 4 stars off Haywood and Woodruff road much better accommodations 4 the money.

The shower had no pressure...shower head to low bathroom very small

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

HotelMngerGM, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Greenville, responded to this review, August 16, 2014
Thank you for choosing the Hyatt Regency Greenville for your stay. I was pleased to hear you enjoyed your overall stay with us, however, I was sorry to hear that you felt what you paid for the room did not support your accommodations. We try to stay competitive with the area hotels, I will follow up with my Revenue Management team to make sure we are at the right pricing. I do hope you will reconsider and stay with us when you return to the Greenville area.

West Columbia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2014

First time we stayed here there were four weddings going on all weekend. Doors slamming every minute of everyday. No sleep for three days. Hotel staff did nothing to help. Second stay was a little better but not by much. Room across the hall had a bachelorette party going on. Started early in the afternoon. Got louder as the day went on. I asked them to keep it down and that only made it worse. They beat on my door for 30 minutes trying to bait me into an altercation. Called the front desk. In the mean time I hear a loud "police" in the hallway. Loud screams!! Then I realize it was a male stripper. Hotel security finally showed up and shut them down. Third stay was a charm. Upgraded to Executive King. No complaints. Hotel is beautiful. But the guests are sometimes heathens.

Stayed August 2014
HotelMngerGM, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Greenville, responded to this review, August 15, 2014
We appreciate you for taking the time to make us aware of your experiences. We do regret the sleepless nights and we assure you that we take our reviews very seriously. Of course you shouldn’t have had to deal with other guests about their conduct, it is certainly not something that we condone or knew about in advance. I’m glad that your third stay met your expectations and we do appreciate that you’ve given us many additional chances to shine. Please feel free to reach out to me in the future and I will be happy to personally ensure that we have you in a quiet area of our hotel. Thank you for your business.

Osprey, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014

The hotel was located on downtown Main Street. Near amazing restaurants, museums, the library, and many churches. The room however had not been updated in 30 years. There was no room to store your clothes. This is a convention hotel, people stay for a week or more, very disappointed in the amount of storage space. The bathroom had a tiny shelf for our toiletries. We had to buy a small fold out table to put my products on. The A/C was so loud we kept the fan running all night so the unit didn't wake us up. The lobby was beautiful, the staff excellent, housekeepers honest. Safes are not provided for the rooms, big disappointment.

Room Tip: Ask for a parking lot view, the other rooms face the lobby, no privacy.
Green Features: This hotel is environmental friendly, the city requires it. Greenville is a beautiful city, I would recommend the area to all.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
HotelMngerGM, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Greenville, responded to this review, August 11, 2014
Thank you for choosing the Hyatt Regency Greenville for your recent stay. I appreciate your candid feedback regarding your accommodations. We are always striving for perfection and your remarks will certainly assist us in moving forward. I have brought these issues regarding the poor furniture touch-up to my renovation team so they can take action in correcting this. I do hope you will reconsider and return to the Hyatt Regency Greenville should your travels bring you back to this area. Please contact my office with your future stay dates and I will see to your reservations details. We hope to welcome you back soon.

Lakeland, Florida, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014 via mobile

An excellent location, clean with a friendly staff. My suite was located on the 4th floor overlooking the pool. The room was comfortable, but not practical. The bathroom wasn't tiny, just small. Most of the counter space is on the toilet tank. Two closets but insufficient hangers. Poor room service, great restaurant and bar service. Staff knew our drinks and recognized us after our first night. I'd stay again because of the staff.

Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
HotelMngerGM, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Greenville, responded to this review, August 9, 2014
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay at the Hyatt Regency Greenville. Your review was a pleasure for us to read and we were delighted to learn that the service provided by our associates surpassed your expectations. We will definitely share your compliments with our staff to recognize them for a job well done. Thank you again and we look forward to welcome you back very soon.

Charlotte
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

My raveled back to my hometown this past weekend for my high school reunion, and stayed at a convenient location in the heart of downtown Greenville. The Hyatt staff was unfailingly friendly and accommodating. My check in with Stephanie at the front desk could not have gone smoother, Megan at the lobby bar made some wonderful cocktails at our after-party, and I really enjoyed the brunch the next morning at Roost.

When I come back to Greenville, I will probably stay there again.

Stayed August 2014
HotelMngerGM, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Greenville, responded to this review, August 6, 2014
Thank you for your outstanding review of your stay at the Hyatt Regency Greenville. We were excited to learn that our staff of associates, especially Stephanie and Megan, were able to meet all of your expectations. They will be delighted with your feedback. Thank you again for taking the time to share your experience with others and we will look forward to many more visits to the Hyatt Regency Greenville.

Durham, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

Had a three day business event in Greenville. Hotel location excellent, convenient to restaurants and shopping. The hotel was nice, clean and accommodating, however, if you stay on the 8th floor the water pressure in sinks is very low. The closet sliding doors need repair, difficult to open and close. House keeping is very good, they are very professional and efficient. I would especially like to single out Mary, (last name not provided on card), who was assigned to our room on 8th floor. Mary was very pleasant, knowledgeable of local area, efficient and detail oriented, great person. One outstanding concern, our final session ran over time, we contacted hotel for a late check out and was told they were under new management and late check outs were not available unless you pay, not very customer friendly, especially for situations not within your control. Other than that, again nice stay, will probably return.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
HotelMngerGM, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Greenville, responded to this review, August 1, 2014
We are glad that you enjoyed your recent stay at the Hyatt Regency Greenville. Thank you for recognizing Mary and for your kind compliments. Please be assured I will share your comments with her. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

Larry Bell

Been to Hyatt Regency Greenville? Share your experiences!