“No complaints” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Clarion Hotel & Suites

You added Clarion Hotel & Suites to your Saves list
Clarion Hotel & Suites
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4295 Augusta Road, I-85 @ Exit #46, Greenville, SC 29605 (Formerly Holiday Inn Greenville I-85 Augusta Road)   |
Ranked #51 of 62 Hotels in Greenville
Swedesboro, New Jersey
“No complaints”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2014

I really enjoyed staying at this hotel. I have no major complaints. The breakfast was delicious and the room was nice and clean. I was able to check in early and was still given a discount. I reccommend this hotel.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Greenville, South Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2014

On Thursday July 31, 2014....the city of Greenville condemmed this property. Due to rain, the ceilings caved in the electrical room and other areas (although, they were leaking before that) . Mold was found everywhere! Bugs...just read the reviews, they are SPOT ON! This hotel rents rooms out by the week etc...they had to tell folks to move...it is also located in a VERY BAD area of town, and the sewer treatment facility and Landfill for Greenville, is right behind the property...like, right behind it! (within a mile of the hotel!) Hence, the smell outside when the wind is blowing! The neighborhoods around there are heavily crime ridden.Take this advice from a Greenville local and native, Do not stay here....If heading North on 85, go up to the Woodruff Road or Pelham Rd
exit, or closer to GSP airport. If heading South on 85, go to the Anderson exit, Clemson BLVD. You will have more choices of better facilities. I-385 and Haywood Rd. (2-3 miles) off I-85, has a very nice selection ranging from Hilton, Hyatt and Marriott. Happy Travels!

Room Tip: I didn't stay here. This is a public service announcement for the general public that may not be...
Stayed August 2014, traveled solo
Anaheim, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

Online is the only way this hotel would ever book rooms by business travelers or families.

The entire hotel stinks like cigarettes….even the non-smoking ones
The top of the desk in my room was covered with something sticky.

There was a coffee machine but no coffee pot…coffee was not a possibility. The carpet was not vacuumed and was covered with debris including the previous renters hair-pins. The few towels in the room were covered in holes and no Kleenex were present. The ceiling finish was peeling off in large sections, the caulking in the bathroom was brown and disgusting. It took 4 to 5 minutes to get hot water up to the fifth floor. The shower curtain rod was hung upside down and was pulled almost off the wall so the curtain would not stay put and the bathroom flooded. The bathroom walls had holes in 2 of 4 sides that were barely repaired. There are no do not disturb door hangers. The ice bucket smelled of rot.

The carpet in the corridors and the room was covered in stains. The elevator is covered with pocketknife carvings. Access panels in the elevator are lose and not secured. Cigarette butts littered the elevators and the hallways…they remained during my two-day stay and were never cleaned up. Upon arriving at 2:00 am, I stepped out of the elevator over booze bottles to a couple stating, “It’s out of town talent, they probably didn’t know where they were coming.”

In order to get Internet, I had to call down to the front office and they had to manually restart the computer modem. This did not work at all the second day. The television reception was pathetic and filled with static. Analog only. The parking lot in back had weeds growing through the asphalt. I did not even want to brave the pool or Jacuzzi.

I was lied to by the office help who said that there were only three smoking rooms left when I arrived early in the morning. When I complained, she found a non-smoking room. When I complained that the room she gave me was filled with cigarette smoke, she gave me another non-smoking room, that smelled somewhat less like cigarettes. The restaurant was closed because the rain had soaked right through the roof and had created a health hazard.

When I asked other employees when the owner let the property to go, they offered me a refund. No refund was possible because I paid for it on line. They said it had been a year since they lost their Holiday Inn franchise.

Why hotel owners feel it is ok to take peoples money and give them accommodations like this is unacceptable. This is theft of un-refundable purchases and should be punished as theft.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Charleston, South Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

This hotel most probably should be completely shut down. It is in very poor condition. The pool was green, the walls throughout the hotel were written on with gang type lingo, the hotel in general was not clean at all. In fact we did not stay over night. We decided that for the safety of my children we should get out as quickly as possible. The entire surroundings of the hotel are very sketchy.

Room Tip: The hotel in general was in extremely poor condition. For the life of me I cannot understand how the...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
La Jolla, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

CANCEL YOUR RESERVATION NOW!!!!

This past weekend we had the displeasure of going to this sad state of a hotel. From visibly stained and soiled carpets to a stench that penetrated your clothes to roaches crawling about, this place was disgraceful. Filthy is too good a term to describe this place that needs to be demolished, especially since part of the roof caved in - thankfully after we rolled out!

The room pictures on the website are grossly misleading. While the "conference center" has been upgraded, once you pass the guest elevators it is all downhill from there. The elevator is a sin and a shame. Dirt has been around so long that it winks an eye at you everywhere you turn. And the bathrooms are disgusting. Outlets have no covers, the toilets are gross, the floors are grimy, and don't get me started on the towels!!!

You deserve better than this mess of an establishment. Take your hard earned money and don't even stop at the front door. Sleep in your car if push comes to shove. DO NOT LOWER YOUR QUALITY OF LIFE to stay one second in this dump!

Room Tip: "Do not stay here at all!" "Cancel your reservation now! "You will be disappoi...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

We booked this hotel for the first night of a special family trip. We area Choice Privilege members, so we have stayed at many Choice, Clarion, Comfort Inns in our time. We booked this through a third party, so we had already paid before we got there. However, it was truly like walking into the twilight zone.

Front desk clerk was on cell phone and had a friend visiting her on the job. No uniform. No other person helping her up front. She didn't know how to process our registration, since we were a "third party" reservation. She just took our phone number and said she'd ask her boss.

We walked through the hotel, which seemed to have been built as an upscale, conference center/hotel that had lasted well past its prime and not been cared for in many years. We realized we were in trouble when we got into the elevator and saw that the once darkly stained wooden interior had over time been carved into by many guests who seem to find that practice acceptable.

The hotel really seems to have been taken over by lawless types. I'm afraid to know what goes on there after dark. It also seems that the parent company has no connection to the hotel other than the Clarion name on the sign.

Stay away, if you value your life and health...and well-earned dollars.

P.S. If you're wondering if it's just me, my whole family asked why I took them to that nasty place! I feel tricked and ripped off.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel if you want a good room.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

This property does not match the standards of other Clarion Hotels. I encountered insects in my room, loud shouting in the parking lot overnight, and a place which was not consistently clean. At the most minimal breakfast, I did not encounter coffee. Guests have trashed portions of the inn. The pool and restaurant were closed. Music from The Ultra Bar & Lounge was profane and indecent. This is lodging to be avoided, especially if children are traveling with you. Di

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Been to Clarion Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!