I agree with the previous reviewer....service is not what one would expect. I, too are a platinum priority club member. Arriving at 10:30 p.m., I was given a room on the first floor that was humid and dank--the air conditioning unit was turned to "warm." With the room temp around 84 and the humidity around 70 percent, I called the front desk and asked to be changed to another room. "I was told the room was sold out and the only thing left was a room with a double bed!" As a platinum member, I thought I could expect better---but at the Crowne Plaza chain, I have learned that if I expect poor service, a dirty room, a room without a chair, lights that are missing blubs, I won't be dissappointed. The room was so hot, I had to sleep with the top sheet only. Even in the tropics hotels aren't like this.
The next day, at the conclusion of my meeting, I asked for the shuttle to the airport. I was asked if I had reserved it? This was the first time I had ever been told that I had to reserve it. It was at the airport picking up a crew. It would be back soon. After a half hour wait, the hotel van failed to show, and I took a cab and paid $ 22 for the pleasure of staying at this very sorry, poorly managed hotel. I should have know better when there was no "Give US a 10 or tell us why" type of survey in the room. The Crowne Plaza, Greenville doesn't care about my business, they didn't care about the previous customer's business and I can gaurantee they won't care about your business. There are plenty of other hotels at equal or less cost and all of them will afford you service that you will never see at this place. I stay in hotels 200 plus nights a year. I won't be back here anytime soon!
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Greenville Hotel Greenville
- Crowne Plaza Greenville Hotel
- Greenville Crowne Plaza
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Crowne Plaza hotel is located directly off Greenville's I-385 inner loop 8 miles from Greenville- Spartanburg airport (GSP). Just minutes from Greenville's vibrant uptown entertainment and dining district, the Bi-Lo Center Arena and T.D. Convention Center with plenty of free parking for cars & motor coaches. Complimentary shuttle service is provided to the airport, downtown Greenville and within a 5 mile radius of the hotel from 6am- -11pm. Just up the street from the Haywood Shopping Mall with a wide variety of dining options close by.Your will enjoy 203 beautify appointed deluxe king and double bedded rooms with our plush Sleep Advantage 7 layer beds .For your comfort and enjoyment we provide the following amenities and services...•Complimentary High Speed Wireless Internet Service •24 hour fitness center •Indoor heated pool for year round enjoyment •Room service •The award winning Ruth's Chris restaurant located in the hotel The BIG Bar located in the hotels sky- lit atrium provides all day dining with a great selection of appetizers, sandwiches salads and your favorite beverages • National Winner of Crowne Plaza Hotel's Quality Excellence Award Ruth's Chris provides all food and beverage service throughout the hotel including room service, all day dining and banquets and of course visit their main dining room to enjoy their famous mouth watering custom aged Midwestern beef broiled to perfection. The Crowne Plaza is the "The Place to Meet" with over 6,500 sq. ft. of meeting space the hotel can host meetings and banquet from 10-400 guests and earn IHG Rewards Points for your events. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Venere, Fareportal and Otel so you can book your Crowne Plaza Greenville reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.