“Nice hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #19 of 62 Hotels in Greenville
Topeka, Kansas
“Nice hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

Stayed here for 3 nights. Was a nice hotel. Rooms were nice, kids enjoyed the pool. It was very warm! Staff was very friendly. My only complaint is a lack of breakfast available on site. There are plenty of fast food places near by, but on site would have been better.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Christina S, Manager at Crowne Plaza Greenville, responded to this review, June 20, 2014
Thanks for choosing the Crowne Plaza for your family's recent stay in Greenville. We are pleased that you all enjoyed your room, and that the kids had fun swimming! I regret that you were not able to have breakfast with us. Our hotel offers a buffet breakfast and cooked to order menu, provided by Ruth's Chris Steakhouse seven days a week. It is our hope that you will visit us again and be able to enjoy breakfast as well!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Topeka, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

We couldn't have selected a better hotel for my brother's destination wedding. Every aspect of comfort has been considered when it comes to this property. I have over 15 years of experience in the hospitality industry and even I was impressed. That's a difficult task as I am extremely particular when it comes to my lodging. Way to go!!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Christina S, Manager at Crowne Plaza Greenville, responded to this review, June 1, 2014
Thank you for selecting the Crowne Plaza for your recent stay in Greenville. We are so delighted that you enjoyed your experience, and we are honored to receive such a complimentary review! Please think of us for any trips to our area, we would love to host your next visit!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

I have stayed in this hotel every week for the past 2 months. Many of my colleagues have also stayed at this hotel during the past 2 months. We have had meetings throughout the week and weekends throughout this time. This property is hands down the nicest Crown Plaza that I have stayed in. The entire staff were great throughout. Cynthia & Kendalyn (Front Desk Staff) were always cheerful and eager to help! I will be staying here every time I come Greenville.

Room Tip: If you are a Platinum Member and are used to upgrades, this hotel has no suites. But all the rooms a...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Thank you so much for your kind review of our property and our team! As our regular guest, and "Road Warrior", your feedback means so much to us. I will share your warm compliments with Kendalyn and Cynthia, as well as the rest of our staff. We look forward to serving you again soon!
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

My family stayed two days at the Crowne Plaza and to be honest it was not my first choice because it was more expensive than some surrounding hotels; however, my niece was getting married and this is where everyone else was staying, so I relinquished my scrooge instincts and paid the extra. We arrived late Friday night and I was so frustrated. The person who checked us in didn't give us any information about where to park, where the elevators were, where we could get breakfast in the morning etc...I had to ask. Then when we arrived in our room and it smelled of cigarette smoke. It was awful. It was so late though, that I decided not to do anything about it until morning. I looked longingly and parched at the $4.00 water bottle that was offered and just couldn't spend the ridiculous amount for the convenience. Things looked much brighter and much better in the morning. I found the Ruth Chris restaurant offered a very nice buffet for a reasonable price and it was really good. I wish I had gotten the name of the lady that served us. She was simply amazing! After the night before and being neglected we felt like royalty by the server in the restaurant. She made sure we were comfortable, had everything we needed and even brought my daughter a plate of her favorite fruit! The rest of my family wandered over the the Waffle House which is right across the street, but honestly, I really enjoyed not having to drive across the street. I then talked with the manager, I think her name was Christina, and she was likewise wonderful. I asked about smoking and non-smoking rooms and she let me know that all the rooms are non-smoking....soooo. that meant another patron went against the rules and smoked in the room. It was unfortunate the cleaning folks didn't catch it so we wouldn't have to have put up with it for that one night; however, Christina instantly made it right. She apologized and got us another room just a couple doors down. All in all, it ended up a positive experience after a pretty rough start! The day staff made that possible!

Room Tip: We were put in an even room which overlooked the lobby or meeting area. Nice if you want to peek dow...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Thank you so much for sharing a review of your recent stay with us. I regret that things started off on the wrong foot for you and your family. I am very glad that we turned things around so you were able to be comfortable in your room and enjoy your time in Greenville. We look forward to serving you on your next trip to our area!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014

We chose this hotel because it was the host hotel for the Greenville Highland Games and we were not disappointed. Very friendly staff and beautiful room. While we did not eat in the restaurant, I assume they provided the food for the Clan Reception and it was very good. The location near interstate was convenient, yet not too close to be a noise problem. My only small complaint was the AC unit in our room was very loud. Had we not settled in before realizing this, I would have asked for another room. We did find that the fan kept the room cool enough and was quieter.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for choosing to stay at the Crowne Plaza for your trip to the Greenville Scottish Games! Our team was delighted to host the reception this year, and I am so pleased that you enjoyed your time with us. We hope that you will return for the Games next year, and that you will come back to see us as well!
Gilbert, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2014

In Greeville for the week end for my granddaughters wedding. The hotel was very nice,
clean, and the staff courteous and helpful. We were there the prior year and needed
transportation to our event and it was provided for us. As you can see, we liked it
enought to return. Very convenient to shopping Centers and restaurants.

Room Tip: Request a room that does not over look a roof top of air conditioners
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Christina S, Manager at Crowne Plaza Greenville, responded to this review, May 31, 2014
Thank you for choosing the Crowne Plaza for your stay in Greenville. We appreciate the time you have taken to share your review, and we are so pleased that you enjoyed your experience. Please come back to see us again soon!
Greenville, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2014

What a great feeling to walk into a refreshing updated Crown Plaza! The front desk ladies "Cynthia and Kendalyn" were awesome friendly smiling constantly it was genuine you can tell they love the job!

Room Tip: The bed for me was like sleeping in my own.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Christina S, Manager at Crowne Plaza Greenville, responded to this review, May 23, 2014
Thank you so much for your kind review of your stay. I am delighted that you enjoyed your time with us. I will pass your compliments on to Cynthia, Kendalyn, and the rest of our team. We hope you will visit us again very soon!

Been to Crowne Plaza Greenville? Share your experiences!