“From frustrated to amazed!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #19 of 62 Hotels in Greenville
Indianapolis, Indiana
“From frustrated to amazed!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

My family stayed two days at the Crowne Plaza and to be honest it was not my first choice because it was more expensive than some surrounding hotels; however, my niece was getting married and this is where everyone else was staying, so I relinquished my scrooge instincts and paid the extra. We arrived late Friday night and I was so frustrated. The person who checked us in didn't give us any information about where to park, where the elevators were, where we could get breakfast in the morning etc...I had to ask. Then when we arrived in our room and it smelled of cigarette smoke. It was awful. It was so late though, that I decided not to do anything about it until morning. I looked longingly and parched at the $4.00 water bottle that was offered and just couldn't spend the ridiculous amount for the convenience. Things looked much brighter and much better in the morning. I found the Ruth Chris restaurant offered a very nice buffet for a reasonable price and it was really good. I wish I had gotten the name of the lady that served us. She was simply amazing! After the night before and being neglected we felt like royalty by the server in the restaurant. She made sure we were comfortable, had everything we needed and even brought my daughter a plate of her favorite fruit! The rest of my family wandered over the the Waffle House which is right across the street, but honestly, I really enjoyed not having to drive across the street. I then talked with the manager, I think her name was Christina, and she was likewise wonderful. I asked about smoking and non-smoking rooms and she let me know that all the rooms are non-smoking....soooo. that meant another patron went against the rules and smoked in the room. It was unfortunate the cleaning folks didn't catch it so we wouldn't have to have put up with it for that one night; however, Christina instantly made it right. She apologized and got us another room just a couple doors down. All in all, it ended up a positive experience after a pretty rough start! The day staff made that possible!

Room Tip: We were put in an even room which overlooked the lobby or meeting area. Nice if you want to peek dow...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Christina S, Manager at Crowne Plaza Greenville, responded to this review, June 1, 2014
Thank you so much for sharing a review of your recent stay with us. I regret that things started off on the wrong foot for you and your family. I am very glad that we turned things around so you were able to be comfortable in your room and enjoy your time in Greenville. We look forward to serving you on your next trip to our area!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014

We chose this hotel because it was the host hotel for the Greenville Highland Games and we were not disappointed. Very friendly staff and beautiful room. While we did not eat in the restaurant, I assume they provided the food for the Clan Reception and it was very good. The location near interstate was convenient, yet not too close to be a noise problem. My only small complaint was the AC unit in our room was very loud. Had we not settled in before realizing this, I would have asked for another room. We did find that the fan kept the room cool enough and was quieter.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for choosing to stay at the Crowne Plaza for your trip to the Greenville Scottish Games! Our team was delighted to host the reception this year, and I am so pleased that you enjoyed your time with us. We hope that you will return for the Games next year, and that you will come back to see us as well!
Gilbert, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2014

In Greeville for the week end for my granddaughters wedding. The hotel was very nice,
clean, and the staff courteous and helpful. We were there the prior year and needed
transportation to our event and it was provided for us. As you can see, we liked it
enought to return. Very convenient to shopping Centers and restaurants.

Room Tip: Request a room that does not over look a roof top of air conditioners
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Christina S, Manager at Crowne Plaza Greenville, responded to this review, May 31, 2014
Thank you for choosing the Crowne Plaza for your stay in Greenville. We appreciate the time you have taken to share your review, and we are so pleased that you enjoyed your experience. Please come back to see us again soon!
Greenville, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2014

What a great feeling to walk into a refreshing updated Crown Plaza! The front desk ladies "Cynthia and Kendalyn" were awesome friendly smiling constantly it was genuine you can tell they love the job!

Room Tip: The bed for me was like sleeping in my own.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Christina S, Manager at Crowne Plaza Greenville, responded to this review, May 23, 2014
Thank you so much for your kind review of your stay. I am delighted that you enjoyed your time with us. I will pass your compliments on to Cynthia, Kendalyn, and the rest of our team. We hope you will visit us again very soon!
Rock Hill, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2014

Just completed a quick weekend trip to lovely Greenville for an awesome festival...My stay at the hotel just topped off a sensational weekend...Butch the van driver was very helpful in taking us back and forth to the arts show giving us a free tour of the city..the hotel staff was exceptional and the room clean spacious and quiet even though there was a wedding and graduations going on. We will be going back for Octoberfest and visiting our new friends again !

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Christina S, Manager at Crowne Plaza Greenville, responded to this review, May 14, 2014
Thank you for choosing the Crowne Plaza for your trip to Greenville. I am so pleased that you enjoyed your experience at our hotel and in our city. We greatly appreciate your kind review, and I will gladly share your comments with Butch, and the rest of the team. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit!
Dacula, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

Hotel was beautiful to look at and the rooms inside seemed to be very nice. Never got a chance to actually stay there because they would not provide the room that I had originally requested when I made my reservations. For 2.5 hours they gave us the run around and told us that there were no rooms available on the 4th floor (rooms with a great view), when the rooms were actually available but they were giving them to others as they come into the hotel. I have never ever experienced such horrible customer service and being lied to blatantly. All the rooms they would show us were rooms with views of walls or the roof top with air-conditioners. When you make a reservation well in advance, there is no excuse for being treated like you just walked in off the street and needed a room. On top of that we traveled to Greenville specifically for our birthdays to celebrate and never made it to our luncheon, because we were asked to wait for a room which they had never intended to give us. I have never in my life experienced anything like this before from any hotel and have been treated better by many other properties that don't have a 3-4 star rating.

Room Tip: Do you homework first before you stay here. Make sure you are getting a true room with a great view...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Christina S, Manager at Crowne Plaza Greenville, responded to this review, April 30, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of your experience at our hotel. On behalf of our team, I apologize for the lack of service and attention to your needs. I was extremely dissappointed to learn about these issues, and I completely understand your frustration. Please rest assured that I have addressed your comments with our team. Your feedback is greatly appreciated, and will help us to improve our service and better please our guests. We sincerely hope for another opportunity to serve you. Best Regards, Christina S.
Greenville, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014

This was one of the best crown plazas I've stayed in. It is very quiet the pool was nice and for it to be so close to the lobby you can't hear it while drinking at the bar. The on site Ruth's Chris steakhouse was awesome and never disappoints. I highly recommend this hotel especially if it's just a couple's getaway. Only downside is that there is no breakfast.

Room Tip: Choose as high as possible the Quiet floors are higher up.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Christina S, Manager at Crowne Plaza Greenville, responded to this review, April 11, 2014
Thank you for choosing the Crowne Plaza for your Greenville getaway! I am so pleased that you enjoyed your time with us. We value your feedback, and appreciate your kind review. We hope to see you on your next trip to our area! All the Best- Christina S. and the Team at Crowne Plaza Greenville.

Been to Crowne Plaza Greenville? Share your experiences!