“Fresh Start” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #19 of 62 Hotels in Greenville
Knoxville, Tennessee
“Fresh Start”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013

I have been traveling for years and new to the reviews. I stay in Greenville a good bit and wanted to take time to say how amazing everything looks after the transformation your property has gone threw. With the sparkling new location and the wonderful team. A professional front desk that knows me by name and has taken care of me for years. It was rough during some of the constructions and I may have stayed elsewhere some, However my home away from home is back. I dont rent a car when in town and that is a major amenity that causes me to try and stay at crowne plaza and the new chariot is quite lovely, however very high and the plastic stool is a nice gesture yet with a shiny new Mercedes step bars would be a bit more appropriate and stable as an elderly gentleman from the airport about fell off the plastic stool. The extremely helpful van driver (Allen I think) and another of your guest gave aid to the older man but was still very difficult and dangerous entering and exiting. Great Job CROWN PLAZA GREENVILLE it wil be great staying with you for many years to come.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Christina S, Manager at Crowne Plaza Greenville, responded to this review, December 17, 2013
Thank you for staying with us at the new Crowne Plaza Greenville. Your kind review is very much appreciated and will be shared with our team. We look forward to hosting your future visits to our city. Again, many thanks, and Happy Holidays!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
vancouver
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

The renovation has given me a whole new view of the Crowne Plaza. It now looks more like a Westin, which is clean and modern - a welcome change from some of the Crowne Plazas I've run into! The rooms are well appointed, and I was pleased to find an extremely clean room (tipped the housekeeper well for that! Always tip your housekeeper!) wonderful toiletries with this "relaxation kit" that I adored -- it had a nice smelling spray in it, and some lotions. Also, a fridge!

I was extremely comfortable during my trip, and the hosts were all very pleasant and knowledgeable -- not to mention empathetic when I explained that United had lost my bag!

If I were to pull in any negatives, they would be minor -- just the breakfast select (as I understand it is not comparable to what it was previously -- and it is much smaller and less varied than the Holiday Inn breakfasts -- which are free of charge), and I would also just say that I wish all Crowne Plazas offered the same amenities such as this, so I could always know what to expect.

I will stay here again when I visit Greenville!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for selecting the Crowne Plaza for your recent visit to Greenville. I am delighted to read your warm compliments, and I will share your comments with our team. We look forward to serving you on your next stay. Thank you again, and Happy Holidays!
New Delhi, India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013

The hotel is good and comfortable for the price. However, there is a major issue with connectivity if you dont have your own car. Although they have a hotel provided shuttle service, there is just one of it with far too many guests and rules like "we dont go to downtown on the weekend". To make matters worse, the taxi company (yellow cabs) used by the hotel is very unprofessional. Twice, i got late for meetings because the taxi didn't turn up on time. On a particular day, i had to go to a place that was 3 miles away and the cabs didnt want to go there. The only option given to me by the hotel was a 50$ ride for 3 miles!! Again, the hotel is not willing to help here other than dial me a number and ask me to talk to the cab company.
This is not a good place for vegetarians as there are no veggie options (even the breakfast has no options) other than going to the haywood mall for which again one has to rely on the hotel shuttle.
I would not recommend this place for people who dont have their own rental car.

Ps: If you have to use cabs, use Budget Cabs

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Christina S, Manager at Crowne Plaza Greenville, responded to this review, December 13, 2013
Thank you for choosing the Crowne Plaza for your recent visit to Greenville. Your feedback is extrememly valuable, and assists us in better serving our guests everyday. I regret that the shuttle service offered by the hotel did not meet your expectations. Please know that your comments regarding the cab services and breakfast options will also be addressed.

We sincerely hope for another opportunity to serve you. Again, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback, and we hope to see you on your next visit.
atlanta, ga
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2013

We stayed at the Crown Plaza for a soccer tournament recently. The hotel is decently nice and is undergoing a renovation, which is understandable and wasn't a concern for our group.
There is a lot of racket and construction going on though.

I will share that our group was treated very rudely and certainly in an unprofessional manner by one of the staff. We had picked up sandwiches and returned to the hotel around noon, where our group ate them at the lobby bar. Granted this is not a restaurant but an evening bar with a couple of large tables and TVs. There are no other patrons and not even any employees working at the closed bar, so it is not like it's peak drinking time. As we start eating at the tables, one of a staff- I didn't catch her name, but she had an (european or so) accent, comes over to us and proceeds to wag her finger at us while screaming with a very foul attitude that we are not allowed to eat there. She then goes to another table and does the same to 10 year olds that are sitting there. A few minutes later, a manager came and explained that they had a policy where you could not bring outside foods anywhere but the upstairs guestrooms- at least she was courteous and professional in her demeanor, while the other older lady's attitude should have been grounds for dismissal, and the damage was already done.

A couple of thoughts for management...

First, there are no signs or anything in the lobby that state anything about a policy whereby you are not allowed to eat at the tables, had there been so, we would not have done so. If this is your policy, state it somewhere - especially if you are hosting a soccer tournament for hundreds of 10-15 year olds. Some questions for your consideration...What exactly is the point of the tables at the bar area if it is an open unenclosed area with tables, chairs, and TVs?
Could someone conceivably buy a coke at the vending machine by the elevator or at the candy/snack bar by the check in and eat it at the tables, or is this also against policy? If so, why have these items for sale? While this is more of a minor issue, the demeanor of the staff member is not and leads to to point two...For a hotel staff member to be so outwardly rude and unprofessional towards hotel guests is plain and simply unacceptable. I mentioned so to the manager and then watched the rude one hover over us murmuring to herself as we cleaned up and left. I recommend that next time you host a kids event at your hotel, that she be given the weekend off as she clearly could not maintain a proper level of self control and professionalism for someone in the 'hospitality' industry.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Greg G, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Greenville, responded to this review, December 6, 2013
Thank you for your feedback on your recent visit to our hotel.Your comments allow us to improve and fine tune our ability to better serve our guests.I apologize for the lack of professionalism you experienced with our restaurant server. We have addressed this situation with her directly and she understands that her approach was not appropriate .The hotel's lobby Bar is also our all day dining room with food served daily from 11 am- 10:30 pm 7 days per week, and we do not allow guests to bring in food from outside the hotel and eat it in our restaurant. Thank you for your suggestion regarding signage as we are implementing signage to let our guests know that outside food is not allowed to be brought in to our Bar and dining room .

Your group was in the hotel as we were finishing a $5 million dollar total renovation. I hope you will allow us to be of service on a future visit to Greenville so you will be able to see that the hotel staff can deliver a exceptional guest focused experience .
Greenville, SC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

My wife and i stayed here 1 night celebrating a birthday. The hotel is renovation is amazing, this is definitely a nice Crowne Plaza.

We had desert at the bar and a couple of great french press coffees. The rooms are super nice with modern finishes. The bed linens were brand new, mattress was great! All in all it was a 5 star short trip for us.

We will be back for sure and I highly recommend to others!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Christina S, Manager at Crowne Plaza Greenville, responded to this review, November 24, 2013
Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to complete a review regarding your recent stay at our hotel. Your feedback is extremely valuable to us and we will utilize your response by continuing to focus on making each and every guest experience the best it can be. We hope to see you on your next visit to Greenville.
Johnston, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

Hotel just completing extensive renovation. I stayed here two years ago and it was good then, but it's much better now. Very clean with great service. I'm sure there were issues during renovation but I am amazed at the improvement. Well done!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Christina S, Manager at Crowne Plaza Greenville, responded to this review, November 12, 2013
Crawfordville, Florida, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

If you like to keep your values do not stay at this hotel. Items went missing from the room and general manager was not willing to help on the matter. His response was my staff didn't take it. So if you value your belongings stay some where else.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Christina S, Manager at Crowne Plaza Greenville, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
Thank you for choosing the Crowne Plaza for your visit to Greenville. A detailed investigation was conducted by the General Manager immediately following the report of your missing item. At this time, your case has been turned over the hotel insurance company. They have been provided with your contact information and will be handling your claim moving forward. We sincerely hope for another opportunity to serve you and look forward to seeing you on your next trip.

Been to Crowne Plaza Greenville? Share your experiences!