“A well run hotel and reasonably priced” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Low Rate, Guaranteed
Ranked #22 of 62 hotels in Greenville
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“A well run hotel and reasonably priced”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

At first glance the hotel did not appear to be such a great place, however we found that it was in very good condition. The rooms were very nice, clean and well taken care of. The staff was very professional and helpful. We enjoyed the good breakfast every morning and appreciated the good job that housekeeping did. I called ahead and asked for a room on the first floor and sure enough, they had a room on the first floor waiting for us. We would definitely stay there again if we were ever in the area.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
pamelasolarek2, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Greenville Airport Inn, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
Thanks for your nice review. We certainly appreciate you taking the time and we're glad you liked our place. We are always trying to improve. Take care, Pamela Solarek General Manager

249 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
west virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

There is nothing in particular that stands out about this Best Western, but I was very satisfied with the five nights I spent there. The room was clean and well-appointed: microwave, fridge, safe (for a one-time $2 fee), iron and ironing board, TV, coffee maker, and hairdryer. There is soap, lotion, shower gel, and conditioning shampoo (which I didn't like - made my hair feel slimy) in dispensers, rather than in trial size containers. You do get one small bar of bath soap. The bed was comfortable, although the pillows were way thicker than I prefer.There was a lightbulb out in my room the first day, but I left a note for the cleaning staff, and it was fixed immediately.

Breakfast was quite adequate. I'd rather have more healthy choices, but that's just me. The two waffle makers worked well. Choices included bread for toast, bran muffins, hard-boiled eggs, yogurt, cereal, biscuits & gravy, grits, and oatmeal. The yogurt was odd - very sweet Dannon strawberry yogurt in a large plastic container with a ladle to dole it out - rather messy. I'd prefer individual containers, but of course this option IS better for the environment. The fruit was mediocre - rather tired-looking oranges and Red Delicious apples. The coffee was better than the average hotel coffee. The breakfast room was clean, though a bit chilly the week I was there, and the staff kept everything well-stocked. There is a tip jar on the counter.

I didn't use the pool, nor did anyone else while I was there (rainy, cold weather) so I can't comment. I did, however, use the fitness room. You have to get a key card from the front desk, which you can keep for the length of your stay. The room is the size of a regular room, in fact it just takes the place of a regular room. The equipment is basic: a treadmill, a stepper, a cycle, and a weight/resistance station, with mirrors lining two walls. It is all newer equipment, and in good condition, so you can get a decent workout during your stay. There is a sink, so you can wash up, although I'd prefer towelettes for wiping down the machines. There's also a cold water dispenser and cups. At night the light is kind of funky - track lighting that shines into the room from just inside the window. It's like having a spotlight on you while you work out, and yet it's really pretty dark in there!

Staff were friendly and competent. No complaints there.

There was enough parking, but just barely, mostly because there was heavy equipment parked horizontally across several spaces. That may be just a seasonal problem. I'd recommend asking for an interior room (facing the pool) - it's farther from the parking, but quieter. Although one night someone rolled several suitcases on the sidewalk past my interior room in the middle of the night, waking me thoroughly.

Which leads me to the only reason I didn't give this establishment five stars: the air conditioning cannot be set to run continuously, and it cycles on and off, loudly, all night. This is one of my pet peeves in lodging because (1) it wakes me up when it comes on, (2) invariably when it is not running noisy stuff happens outside my room, and (3) even though it's set to maintain a certain temperature I tend to be comfortable when the fan is blowing and too hot when it is not.

Overall, this Best Western has a lot of advantages, and the location is excellent - it took me no more than 15 minutes to get almost anywhere I needed to go in Greenville. I'll probably stay there again, but maybe bring earplugs for the AC.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
pamelasolarek, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Greenville Airport Inn, responded to this review, October 10, 2012
Thanks for your time taken to write your response. I really appreciate it and I am so glad you would come see us again in the future. Your comments are all well received and appreciated.

Pamela Solarek- GM
Murfreesboro, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

I hate exterior hotel rooms, but this was a nice hotel. I did not eat breakfast at the hotel, but did eat at the Waffle House next door and it was good. Everyone at the hotel was friendly and the room was nice and smelled good. I was so happy with my stay I have booked another stay. You can't beat it for the price!

Room Tip: I read a review that said to book a room on the pool side, so I did.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
pamelasolarek, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Greenville Airport Inn, responded to this review, September 24, 2012
I wanted to thank you for your review and for the nice comments. It makes us feel especially good when someone takes time out of their day and writes a review for us to share the good things that we do to try to keep our guests comfortable and happy. Looking forward to seeing you again! Pamela Solarek General Manager
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

Although the room is only average, it is still clean. I got a very comfortable and surprisingly quiet's night rest even though I had to be up at 4:15 a.m.

I dropped off my rental car after checking into the hotel, and requested I get a pick-up. The male motel employee was there BEFORE I expected him, and he had to come and hunt me down, but was really sweet about the process.

The VERY early shuttle (5 a.m.) went off without a hitch, and there was even coffee made at that hour.

The staff were really excellent. Hotel OK, but excellent value. I would book again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Thanks so much for your nice comments! I'm glad everything went so well. We are doing our best to be the BEST Value in Greenville. We are always improving the property so come again to see what's new! Pamela Solarek General Manager
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here because I got a great price. When I pulled up I was concerned, but the room was actually nice. I wasn't used to an exterior room so I wasn't expecting much, but the room was extremely clean and had a nice look to it. I immediately felt comfortable staying here. Also there's a Waffle House in the parkinglot and a decent sports bar next door.

• Stayed September 2012
pamelasolarek, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Greenville Airport Inn, responded to this review, September 19, 2012
Thanks so much for your nice comment. Too often people judge an exterior property based on the outdoor entrance. We have a great cleaning staff, nice pillow top bedding and a terrific staff. I'm so glad you enjoyed your room here. Pamela Solarek GM
Charlotte
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

Although an older property, it was well maintained. Room was clean and quiet. Also had a restaurant on each side and gas station across the street. Free wifi and breakfast. Breakfast choices were limited but average. Only little thing with room, tissue box is directly below the sink so the tissues we all wet. Overall a good stay.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
pamelasolarek, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Greenville Airport Inn, responded to this review, September 13, 2012
Jeff, thanks for your review. Can you let me know which room you were in and I will check on the tissue box. Appreciate your review and hope to see you again soon. To email me send it to 41088@hotel.bestwestern.com
Thanks again! Pamela Solarek GM
Columbia, South Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

I stayed at this particular hotel on August 21, 2012 to catch a 5:30 am flight the following morning. Even though I didn't have a reservation, they were able to book me a room. The receptionist was a little overwhelmed with so many calls, but she did a good job of making sure I had a room. The room had two beds, sitting area, sink area, and bathroom. It was very basic, and met my needs. A couple of the television stations didn't work, but I didn't feel there was a need to report this to management. The only thing I wish they had was shuttle service that started at 4:00 am. The shuttle service doesn't start until 5:00 am, so I couldn't use this service. Other than that, it was a pretty good hotel.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Thanks for your review. I'm sorry our shuttle hours weren't right for you. We've found it is so rae that we receive a request for a shuttle earlier than 5am that we just cannot justify adding staff hours to accomodate that. We do hope to see you again on a return visit and thanks alot for reviewing us and for the nice compliment to our clerk Lynn. From Pamela Solarek GM

Been to BEST WESTERN Greenville Airport Inn? Share your experiences!