“Polyester Palace” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Wyndham Garden Greenville Airport

You added Wyndham Garden Greenville Airport to your Saves list
Wyndham Garden Greenville Airport
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   47 Fisherman Lane, Greenville, SC 29615 (Formerly Quality Inn & Suites Airport)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #29 of 62 Hotels in Greenville
Greenville, SC
“Polyester Palace”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

What can you say . . . this hotel is in a great location near within walking distance of over 6 restaurants and 3 other hotels. The price is low end. The AC system loud, but was set on 68 when I arrived so room was cool. The sheets and towels were all cotton polyester - making for a clammy nights sleep.

The price was great and the location good. I would have stayed at one of the other hotels next door if there were vacancies.

Room Tip: All rooms about the same as the hotel is off the main roads. Great if on budget.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

The best thing this hotel has going for it is it it was a Hampton Inn the last time the elevator was inspected in 2012. I could feel that this was recently a Hampton Inn before I even saw that. The Hilton Brand got rid of the property as it started to age….

Hotel is still nice enough even if it does show age and I would stay here again.

I did not use it but a shuttle service is offered.

There are several restaurants that are in the close proximity and could easily be walked to including California Dreaming and Joe's Crab Shack.

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Greenville, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2014

I have been a bit of a "Brand Snob" for years. When I came to Greenville my employer had made reservations for me here at the Quality Inn. I must say my perseption of this brand previously was of a average type of hotel. I was greeted by a young lady who was the Assistant Manager. So friendly, so professional, so very helpful informing me of the complimentary full breakfast, the gym options, the shuttle etc., My thoughts we're "OK, well this isn't so bad"! I made it to my room and it was perfect. Very clean, very spacious and the bed was so very comfortableThere we're multiple restaurants right next to the hotel that you could walk to or take their shuttle. There is a shopping complex right across the street as well. For being a airport hotel it was very quiet I heard no noise. .
I have to travel to this area quiet often as my company headquarters is pretty much across the street. I am spreading the word about this hotel. It is a very QUALITY-Quality Inn.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Greenwood, Sc
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

I found the front desk person inefficient and inattentive...smiling while I talked, but not looking at me, and certainly NOT listening. I had to go to the friendly lady putting out the breakfast to ask about the ride to the airport that we had scheduled for 5:45 am. Desk clerk still didn't know what was going on. Things got worse......when we arrived two weeks later....no ride to the hotel was ever scheduled from the hotel as requested!! There was a lot of noise on the first floor, so no sleep then. Third floor was better. Not near quality and service of Hampton Inn. We were regulars there, and planned to continue when they sold...but NEVER again!

Room Tip: Go somewhere else.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Center Point, IA.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Just shifted from Hampton Inn. They are in transition. Staff has remained from previous Inn. They need to sharpen up the edges of this change. The sign outside is a mess. At night it still says Hampton Inn. The building has a Hampton Inn logo still etched on the side. The rooms are clean, comfortable and pleasant. The vehicle that picks up at the airport is so transitory the sign in the window has been printed on a desktop printer and is on copy paper. The driver was friendly and hard working. The staff at the front desk were helpful and made extra cookies for me to spoil me a little. The dining room was clean, the staff friendly. There are pamphlets about tourist spots, but they are all of Atlanta. Atlanta, that's in a whole other state. This Inn is on the right path, but they need to commit to who they are.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Chattanooga, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

This hotel was switching from Hampton to Quality when I stayed. I have to say, it is as good if not even better than it was before. I frequent this hotel when I travel for business and it has everything I need. The study rooms are very spacious and have an excellent work area. The internet connection is the best I have ever seen at a hotel. Kudos to charter.The staff is laid back, professional, and very relatable.

Room Tip: Get a study if here on business. The desk area is perfect for doing your work.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Charleston, South Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

Room are a little better than average for the price, service is pretty good at the desk

However be careful where you park you car or walk, they have a driving school who practices in the parking lot, seems very dangerous, since my son almost got run over by a student driver in the parking lot

Room Tip: stay away from the front side where the drivers practice
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Been to Wyndham Garden Greenville Airport? Share your experiences!