“Awesome staff” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Marriott Greenville

You added Marriott Greenville to your Saves list
Marriott Greenville
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   One Parkway East, Interstate 85 and Pelham Road, Greenville, SC 29615   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
$25 Daily Credit
Ranked #22 of 62 Hotels in Greenville
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Awesome staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I was there on business and I had such a great stay. I was having some issues and the wonderful housekeeping supervisor Daphne was amazing and helpful, she is such a great asset to this hotel (hope they know that). The check in process was smooth and it was a nice clean room.
Thank you Daphne for being a great person and listening to me. Hope to see you when I return..

Room Tip: Have housekeeping staff Daphne assist you
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
TheHotelGM, General Manager at Marriott Greenville, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear Jessica H,

I am glad to hear that your business trip to Greenville was enjoyable and that we were able to meet your expectations. Thank you so much for complimenting our staff, they are all valuable members of our team. I am pleased that you received great service and hospitality during your recent stay with us, and particularly that Daphne went over and above your expectations. She is one of our hidden gems and we are so glad you were able to meet her. I will definitely pass along your compliments and can assure you she will be thrilled to hear. Thank you for staying at the Marriott Greenville and we will be waiting to welcome you back on your next trip.

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Dallas, Texas, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2014

I travel to Greenville often for work and always stay at this hotel. It is right on the Main Street close to restaurants and the beautiful Falls park. Hotel service is friendly but not exceptional. The rooms have everything you need, but can sometimes smell a little musty. The gym is above average, but still a hotel gym. Good 'home away from home' for business travelers.

• Stayed September 2014
TheHotelGM, General Manager at Marriott Greenville, responded to this review, November 17, 2014
Thank you for staying at the Greenville Marriott once again and for sharing your wonderful review online. We continually strive to provide our guests the most memorable experience. I will share with my staff your wonderful feedback as they will be very happy to hear that their efforts are being noticed and continue to provide stellar service to our customers. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

London, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2014

I have stayed at this Hotel over a dozen times in the past several years and I have the same experience EVERY time...positive! Traveling to the BMW driving school, this is the hotel that BMW suggest and recommend you stay at while visiting the school and the hotel consistently delivers. The lobby is always spotless, the reception from the concierge, front of House staff and even the Cleaning staff is always warm and quite genuine, they really go out of their way to welcome you to "their" hotel. With over 750 nights staying with Marriott, this particular property always make me smile. A great bar, decent restaurant on site along with a shuttle that will drop you off and pick you up from the surrounding restaurants is appreciated. Clean and comfortable (if a little dated) rooms are quiet and moderately spacious. I have found some burgers well as smaller rooms during my stays there. All in all, a great, great property for any tired and weary road warrior!

Room Tip: The hotel does not face or back onto any freeways... All floors and rooms are quiet.
Green Features: A green mindset is apparently a focus of the Corporation and this property.
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for choosing the Greenville Marriott hotel for your stay once again. As a General Manager, there is nothing greater than to hear that a guest returns to our hotel because they love the staff and everything our hotel has to offer. I am very proud of my staff as they strive to go above and beyond to welcome every guest who walks into our lobby everyday.  We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2014

Due to weather I had called and asked that they cancel only the first night since all flights were cancelled and please credit my room certificate. I was told no problem.
Arrived to find they had accidently cancelled my reservation and not just the first night. Still waiting on the credit.

Upon arrival the lobby looks nice, the restaurant looks good. The gentleman at the desk Saturday morning quickly got my room rebooked, let me know concierge was closed but they could provide breakfast vouchers or points. I took the vouchers. Breakfast on Sunday was quite good.

We had a few minutes prior to the wedding and decided to grab some lunch prior to getting ready. Food for lunch was marginal, I've had much better at Marriott. The chicken Panini sandwich had 2 quarter sized pieces of chicken, maybe should have been for half of a sandwich.

The lobby is pretty quiet, not too many guests, but you also have to go wandering to find staff to assist.
Maybe it is just a weird set up, if no one was at the front desk, you didn't know where to go to look for them. You also just kind of wander into the restaurant and sit where you wish.

The bell stand was excellent at providing the transportation to the wedding, signing up for shuttles, very prompt and friendly.

The room was clean, we were only there overnight but it worked nice. Good water pressure.

We did ask for a late check out and the gentleman behind the desk was quite rude saying this is the last time. We let him know we hadn't requested any previous extensions to our check out, and he said others from the wedding had done this.
Honestly, not my business about the others.

I guess I know what I expect from a Marriott and this didn't have that same level of service. It was very laid back and didn't have that Marriott feeling.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with friends
TheHotelGM, General Manager at Marriott Greenville, responded to this review, November 13, 2014
Dear Laura P,

Thank you for your recent stay at the Greenville Marriott and writing about your experience. My staff and I were happy to know that your overall stay at our hotel while attending a wedding was a pleasant one. I would like to extend my sincere apologies for the inconveniences you faced. I will certainly share your comments with our Department Heads and take corrective action to therefore be attentive to our guest needs as this is our main goal in Hospitality . We hope you give us another chance to welcome you back and experience the Greenville Marriott the way it should have been on this visit.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2014 via mobile

I was disappointed in our room. Housekeeping let me down. The linens on the bed were threadbare with holes. And if that wasn't enough there was no mattress pad. Because of the late hour I just put towels on top of the sheets. When I stay at Marriott I expect excellent quality and this visit was off the mark.

• Stayed November 2014
TheHotelGM, General Manager at Marriott Greenville, responded to this review, November 12, 2014
Thank you for your review and I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your overall stay at the Greenville Marriott. I am sorry that you had some service issues to your room. We aim to exceed your expectations and go above and beyond and I am so sorry that was not your experience.  I have shared your comments with the Management Staff at our meeting and our head of Housekeeping has taken action to assure we do not repeat these service issues in the future. We do hope you consider us when you return to the area in the future.

Orangeburg, South Carolina, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2014

This was my first and last stay at this Marriott. I was in Greenville on an assignment for my former employer, NBC News, for whom I now freelance. Staff at the check-in desk were not particularly friendly and I was assigned a room by the elevator. (I think the front desk should offer you that as an option to accept or decline.) Because it was after 8pm and I had to prepare for the next day's shoot, I decided not to ask for a different room, though I was concerned about the constant flow of noisy guess entering and leaving the elevator.
When I entered the room there was the strong order of a lemon-smelling scent, which seemed to be mixed with cigarette smoke. But I gave Marriott the benefit of the doubt - would they put a guest in a room that had been recently used by a smoker and then try to disguise the smell? Not Marriott, I told myself. Otherwise the room was fine, up to Marriott's standard in decor and furnishing, which is why I stay at their hotels whenever possible.
The noise subsided after midnight, which is when I finished working. Room service was good. There was just the nagging odor, which was an understatement when I got into bed. The bed linens, pillows, mattress reeked of cigarette smoke. The smell was deeply penetrated in everything and I had a sleepless few hours before a 5am wake-up call. Concerned about getting to my destination of the shoot on time, I decided I'd send an email to Marriott Customer Service about the state of the room. There was no reply to the first email and a cavalier reply to the second along with a poorly written email from the hotel apologizing because smokers smoke in their smoke-free rooms. Room 520 needed to have everything in it replaced and I cannot understand how the the hotel staff would put a guest in such a foul smelling room.
Marriott had definitely gone down several notches because of this hotel and their slow and "what-do-you-want-us-to-do-about-it" attitude. How about thanking me for bringing this to your attention and insuring that this isn't a pervasive problem affecting other hotels.

Room Tip: Don't stay in a room near the elevator.
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled on business
TheHotelGM, General Manager at Marriott Greenville, responded to this review, November 7, 2014
Dear Vivian G,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor. Your feedback is extremely important in helping us identify problem areas. I thank you for your willingness to share. Please be assured that we will review our procedures for identifying and cleaning rooms, where guests have neglected to observe our 100% smoke-free policy. Obviously, the procedures in place failed us, and you were the one inconvenienced. Please accept my apology. Additionally, I will address the way your issue was handled by my team members. The way we address issues is a Marriott cornerstone and the very reason many guests are so loyal to our hotels. Again, thank you for your valuable feedback. We appreciate and value it greatly.

Warm regards,
North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2014

This is the 2nd time I've stayed here. The first time I wasn't impressed but I decided to give it another chance because of convenient location. I was very disappointed. My first room was very dirty. I pulled back the covers and there were hairs and dirt in the bed. The front desk did immediately bring a key to me and help me to move to another room that was very clean. I am a gold member so I got the high speed internet access. It was very slow. I couldn't work very effectively. The concierge lounge was not filled with any options and the hostess didn't even acknowledge that I was there. My last concern was that the bathtub needed to have the drain cleaned. I was standing in bath water while showering which totally grosses me out! Was not thrilled with this visit. I thought that after I visited a room that had dirt and hair all in the bed, I would have at least gotten a call from management, however that didn't happen.

• Stayed October 2014
HotelMngerGM, General Manager at Marriott Greenville, responded to this review, October 30, 2014
On behalf of the entire team of the Greenville Marriott, I would like to offer my sincerest apologies for our hotel not living up to your expectations. Our housekeeping staff take great pride in what they do daily and we also have processes in place where our housekeeping leaders double check every room prior to its occupancy by the next guest. We fell short in our processes and are reviewing them so that we do not have this issue again in the future. Please be assured we do not take these concerns lightly, especially with the cleanliness of the hotel - has to be priority #1. I will address this matter with the Head of our Housekeeping Department and housekeeping associates. I hope you will consider giving us another opportunity to serve you in the future and we do hope to welcome you back again soon and meeting you in person.

Scott McDowell

Been to Marriott Greenville? Share your experiences!