“Excellent Service, Excellent Care!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Marriott Greenville

Save Saved
You added Marriott Greenville to your Saves list
Marriott Greenville
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   One Parkway East, Interstate 85 and Pelham Road, Greenville, SC 29615   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Earn Up To 25,000 Points
Ranked #14 of 62 Hotels in Greenville
GreenLeadersSilver level
Westport
“Excellent Service, Excellent Care!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

I had another fabulous stay at the Marriott Greenville in South Caroilna! I visit Greenville A LOT and I try and stay at this Marriott every time I am in town because I love the staff and the service I receive. I am writing this time because I feel the Marriott team in Greenville went above and beyond in their services this time. I had an important dinner to get to one evening and when I went to get dressed I realized that I had a sensor tag on my dress that I recently purchased. This was the only "decent" outfit I brought to wear to this dinner, so I had to get this sensor off. I called the front desk and asked them if they had any "tools" that I could use to get this job done. They sent up their maintenance man to help me out. He was so nice and he tried and tried to get that sensor off without it breaking and leaking dye all over the dress. He just could not do it. The thing was on securely!!! So, the Maintenance man said he needed to go talk with someone and told me to wait for a phone call. Next thing my phone was ringing and it was the General Manager. He told me he had the shuttle waiting to take me wherever I needed to go to get the sensor off my dress or to go shopping for a new dress. I had one hour to do all this and get ready but I had no choice! So I went, got a new dress, got back to the hotel and changed and was ready for the dinner on time! THANK YOU Marriott Greenville for your excellent service and for caring about me!!!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
HotelMngerGM, General Manager at Marriott Greenville, responded to this review, August 20, 2014
Thank you for choosing the Greenville Marriott hotel for your stay once again. As a General Manager, there is nothing greater than to hear that a guest returns to our hotel because they love the staff and everything our hotel has to offer. I truly appreciate you taking the time to give your feedback online recognizing our efforts in providing excellent service. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Richmond, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014 via mobile

Easy access off I-85, and, though under the airport fiightpath, quiet. Seems to cater mainly to business travelers and comped guests from the BMW Performance facility. There is no breakfast included in the price, although there is a restaurant in the hotel which has overpriced breakfasts but decent dinners. First day there was no bathmat, second day the used toiletries had not been replaced. The thermostat had to be fixed twice. The room was quiet. If you can get a discount through some association membership it is reasonably priced. Not a destination hotel, but a perfectly adequate stay.

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
HotelMngerGM, General Manager at Marriott Greenville, responded to this review, August 19, 2014
Thank you for staying at the Greenville Marriott and I am pleased to read you enjoyed your overall stay with us. I will certainly share your feedback with my management team to take corrective actions. We do hope to have another opportunity of welcoming you back soon.

Farmington, New Mexico, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014

We had a lovely king room. The staff, however, is what makes this property so great. We had a couple of free hours and they offered to take us into downtown Greenville by shuttle. We took them up on their offer and enjoyed the conversation with the drivers as much as walking through the downtown area. Very friendly and full of information. We returned for dinner at the hotel and it was absolutely fantastic food from the chicken cordon bleu to the fried bread pudding.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for your wonderful words and the ultimate compliment in meeting all your expectations. Your compliments were a pleasure to read and I did share with my staff of the wonderful job they did. Thank you again for your feedback and we look forward to welcome you back very soon to the Greenville Marriott.

Atlanta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2014

We have stayed here several times while traveling for business with my family. My preteen girls asked to stay here anytime we come through Greenville.

Extremely helpful staff, comfortable bedding & pillows. Clean smelling and classy lobby.

• Stayed August 2014
Thank you for staying at the Greenville Marriott and sharing your wonderful online review. We continually strive to provide our guests the most memorable experience. I will share with my Department Heads and their staff of your wonderful feedback as they will be very happy to hear that their efforts are noticed and continue to provide stellar service to our customers. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014

The staff at the hotel were very friendly. Our room was spacious and well decorated. The bed was very comfortable, and the bedding only added to that. The double shower heads in the bathroom were great and a welcome addition to the room. It was great to have a microwave and mini-fridge in the room to store our leftovers. When near the front of the room, it did sound like people in the hall were in our room, but it didn't present a problem at night- so it didn't really bother us too much. Just something to be aware of though.

The outdoor pool was a great size, and if it had been warmer- we would have definitely used it. We walked down to the bar/restaurant to get coffee on Sunday night and I could hear some tables asking for drinks and being told they'd have to go into downtown Greenville for that. That might be the only downfall of this otherwise great hotel! You may have to leave the property on Sunday to grab an alcoholic beverage.

Otherwise this was a great hotel and I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
HotelMngerGM, General Manager at Marriott Greenville, responded to this review, August 14, 2014
Thank you for sharing your experience at the Greenville Marriott with fellow travelers online. It is great to hear that you, like so many others, were satisfied with your room, bedding and cleanliness. I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay and your comments were wonderful to read. I hope that we have an opportunity to welcome you back to Greenville in the near future.

North Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014

Recently redone lobby, bar and restaurant add to the already outstanding service you receive from this hotel. Proximity to the airport is a plus, but also close enough to major shopping areas without being pummeled by the traffic nighmare that happens around Woodruff Rd. The majority of the staff at this hotel have been here for the numerous years we have visited and always remember and speak. Nice to return to a place where customer service is still important.

Room Tip: One overlooking the mountains.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for choosing the Greenville Marriott hotel for your stay once again. As a General Manager, there is nothing greater than to hear that a guest returns to our hotel because they love the staff and everything our hotel has to offer. I am very proud of my staff as they strive to go above and beyond to welcome every guest who walks into our lobby everyday.  We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

Everyone in the hotel was friendly and helpful, but the highlight was the spa. After a grueling few days I checked in here and was amazed to see a spa - just what I needed without even realizing it. My deep tissue massage was wonderful. One of the best I've had anywhere. Kudos to Tawan Sears, the massage therapist!

Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
HotelMngerGM, General Manager at Marriott Greenville, responded to this review, July 28, 2014
I was pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay at the Greenville Marriott. Thank you for your kind compliments about Tawan Sears, please be assured I will pass on your comments to Tawan. We do hope to welcome you back soon.

Greenville Marriott

Been to Marriott Greenville? Share your experiences!