“Watch out for the "Parlor Suite"” 1 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn 2X HHonors Points
Ranked #17 of 62 Hotels in Greenville
Ventura, California, USA
“Watch out for the "Parlor Suite"”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2012

I was coming into Greenville SC from 10 hours away for my Son's graduation from Clemson University and made a reservation through priceline 2 weeks in advance. I travel a lot for business and was a diamond hilton honors member. I notified them well in advance I needed 2 beds as there were 3 people and we would be checking in late due to the long travel time. The employee who took my call said fine I will note on your file.
When we arrived at 10:00 p.m. last Sunday we were told when we checked in that we were given the "parlor suite" I have never heard this term in all my travels and thought it was like every other hotel that has "suites" which means a bed and a sofa sleeper. or adjoining living area.
As we were heading to our room another employee said the "parlor suite" has no bed only a pull out sofa. When we complained we were told since we booked through priceline that's the only room we could have. What , NO BED!!!????
Only after rasining our voice and asking for management and standing firm for 30 minutes did we receive another room.
The front desk staff were condescending, disrespectful and downright rude only beacuase we used priceline. If they are going to treat priceline customers like dirt they should stop selling rooms on priceline.
I guess they only treat you good when you are paying full price when you travel on business.
What a bad experience.
On a good note my son received his Master's in Healthcare Architecture from Clemson University and was the top student in his class and has a JOB!!!

Room Tip: Avoid the "parlor Suite"
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2012 via mobile

My company typically has a moderate spending limit when staying at hotels so I'm usually forced to stay at HGI's or Doubletrees. To my surprise Hilton was listed this time so I went for it. What a great hotel! It was very modern and so nice. My bed was amazingly comfortable. I definitely recommend staying here. I will be back soon if the price is right!!!!!

• Stayed May 2012
Palm Beach Gardens, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2012

The hotel room was good, the staff great especially housekeeping who are chipper in the morning, however the restaurant is a disaster. During the week the wait to be seated is excessive, it takes forever to get your check & don't even think about ordering off the menu instead of the buffet, it will be next year before you get food. Watch to be sure door closes, they get stuck.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
tito-cares, General Manager at Hilton Greenville, responded to this review, May 8, 2012
Your comments are appreciated, we are committed to improving our product and service which includes our restaurant and lounge, I have shared your comments at our recent team member service meeting and the Food and Bevergae team members are committed to improving their level of service, I look forward to your return, I am glad to hear that our team members in housekeeping exceeded your expectations.
Erwin, TN
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2012

Well, about a week ago my wife and I traveld about 2 1/2 hours to get to this Hotel. We were taking our "Baby" Rose to radiocat for a Thyroid treatment. Anyway, we showed up around 9pm that night. I always review places before I EVER make a reservation. I stayed at Hilton's before, D.C., Atlanta, Dallas, Richmond, etc. I have always enjoyed staying at a Hilton, or their sister Hotels. The Lobby was very impressive, the front desk clerks were very friendly. I reserved online a 1 Bedroom 1 King Executive Suite with a garden tub. Requested to be as close to the elevators as we could get as my wife cannot walk long distances due to her back issues. Well what we got was 8th floor and as far away from the elevator that we could be pushed to. I just put it off as they were booked and first come first served kind of thing. Well upon entering the room, unpacking getting settled, we then noticed, no fridge, no microwave, mattress was a queen, room reeked of stale cigarette smoke! it was 10 pm by this time, and we were both exhausted, and nothing else close to the Vet Hospital. So we just put it up to a learning experience, hind sight 20/20 thing. We then ordered dinner from the Hotel Restaurant. We got half of our meal, and got it at 10:45 pm, they closed at 11pm. Food was tasty, what we got of it. Then when we went to bed, that's when I fully realized it was a queen mattress. Worst nights sleep I've ever had, and I am prior military, so sleeping on a mattress should be a luxury as apposed to sleeping on the ground. I got 1 1/2 hours of sleep, HVAC kept turning on and off all night long with a 5 min increments. It didn't matter if the Thermostat was set or not. Stains in the toilet, pubic hairs in the sink, horrible cleanliness of the room. 40 year old furniture in the room. I mean, I requested this room, for my wife, as it had a "Garden" tub. For $300 per night I would've expected better. The door had to be slammed in order for the door to be secured. it was a French style door at that. We got the Bed and Breakfast style, didn't use the vouchers upon check out. We just wanted to get the hell out of that place quickly. The room amenities mentioned for that room was a flat out lie!!. Nothing was in that room as advertised. For $300. per night I would've expected free wifi, not 9.95 a day!!!! T.V. Reception was embarrassing. It has to be the worst place I have EVER stayed at!!! Do NOT waste your time or money here!!!! We have a Super 8 Motel in our small town of Erwin TN and it has free wifi, fridge, microwave, comfortable bed and it is only 60 a night. Pathetic place. Hilton should be embarrassed to have this "Motel" carry the Hilton name. Then to beat all, upon check out, I found out we were not even supposed to be put in that room!!!! We were supposed to be put in a totally different room!!!! Robert the Front desk manager on the day shift the day we checked out did make the stay a little less painful. He took the whole charge of the room off of our bill. I say that's the least they could do for that fleabag type of room. It looked like ti was a room that the maint crew stays in. Just plain nasty is what I am saying. Oh and the bedding, omg, the duvet' cover was just a pad sandwiched between two flat sheets, not even sewn into it. Bottom sheet was a flat sheet, no mattress pad either. Let's just say that if I ever get the chance to stay here again, I will run the other direction!!!!!

Room Tip: Corner suites are large and sunny, if you get a decent room though, ours was the wrost room ever...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your recent review and I can understand your frustration when simple amenities are not found to your satisfaction, as a traveler you expect service to exceed your satisfaction and unfortunately we failed to accomplish this during your stay and for that I am truly sorry. This past week I conducted customer service training with all team members and this incident, unfortunately, was used and discussed at length on how we failed to correctly respond to the needs of our guests. I can assure you this is not typical or indicative of our hotel or Hilton Hotels and we strive to exceed the expectations of our guest.
Philadelphia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

We stayed here on Saturday night for a dancing event. 4 of us shared the cost ($109 plus night), so it was a good value. Hotel looks renovated, very modern. The rooms are nice and quiet. I didn't give it 5 stars because of the dirty carpets in public areas. We didn't eat at the hotel but walked to an Italian restaurant across the street.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
tito-cares, General Manager at Hilton Greenville, responded to this review, April 30, 2012
On behalf of the associates, I would like to thank you for your recent patronage, we are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and that the event went as expected. We have recently completed a renovation of our guest rooms, reatsaurant and public space. We are currently in the design process for a complete other areas of our property once completed we feel the enhancements will exceed your expectations, we look forward to your return
Dublin, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2012

This Hilton is really top of the line. They are renovating their rooms and other areas of the hotel but the guests would not know this. My room was spacious with all the amenities. The one thing that stood out in the room was the towels in the bathroom. There were plenty, large, and soft. My compliments to the management for this little detail I think so many hotels over look. I had dinner in the restaurant during my stay and I would not give the restaurant the same rating as the hotel. The menu is varied, the presentation on the plates good, but the timing was a little off. I had ordered a Caesar salad and it came after the meal was served. The waiter said they had some issue with the salad. The presentation was different than the norm. They grilled the lettuce, added a whole anchovie, and put the salad dressing over the arrangement.

Room Tip: Try to get an upgraded room. You may get the offer when you make your reservations. The cost is mini...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
Concord, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2012

My wife and I recently had the pleasure of staying at the Hilton and enjoyed every aspect of our visit. This particular hotel meets the standards we've come to expect to find at a Hilton hotel. It has been newly remodeled, and every part of the hotel we saw certainly reflected that. Every member of the staff with whom we had contact were genuinely friendly and helpful. Every one was extremely well trained in their particular job and seemed to take pleasure in efficiently performing their duties.

We enjoyed our stay in a king room, which was spacious and featured a very useful work desk with multiple electrical outlets, which we find necessary these days with all the electronic gadgets and tools we use. The bed and pillows were comfortable, and the bed cover is the type that can be laundered so you truly enjoy a clean feel whenever you're on or in the bed.

The room also offered a comfortable chair to sit in, which seems like a small thing to many, but is truly appreciated by me because I can't get comfortable reading or watching television in bed.

They serve a hot breakfast or a continental breakfast, but neither was included in our room fee, and we thought the continental breakfast was a little pricey for the amount of food we eat for breakfast. I expect if you enjoy a hearty, robust breakfast you'll feel as if you get your money's worth, though.

The hotel is considered to be located in the downtown district, but it is not located within walking distance of the main downtown area, which is where most of the interesting stores and restaurants are located and where all the tourists should visit. There are restaurants and shops in the area near the hotel but we didn't visit any. The hotel is located within a five to seven minute drive of downtown so it certainly is accurately considered to be part of the downtown area.

All things considered, we would definitely recommend this hotel to our friends should they be planning a visit to Greenville, and if we return, this will be the first place we try to book a room.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Hilton Greenville? Share your experiences!