“Clean and Quiet.. What you expect in a Courtyard Property” 5 of 5 stars

$20 Daily Credit
Ranked #17 of 62 Hotels in Greenville
GreenLeadersSilver level
Atlanta, Georgia
“Clean and Quiet.. What you expect in a Courtyard Property”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

I was in G'ville for business and booked this property. It was clean, super quiet and well-appointed. Best in-room lighting of any hotel I have ever stayed in. I will be back and would recommend to anyone staying in the area.

Room Tip: 158, 258, 358 has no neighboring room on the bedroom side.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
RICSH, General Manager at Courtyard Greenville Haywood Mall, responded to this review, November 8, 2013
Thank you for sharing your feedback! We thank you for your business and hope to accommodate you during your future travels to the area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Wilmington, North Carolina, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

My wife and I stayed here for a wedding a few days ago. We were happy with the hotel. The room was comfortable. The size of the television was more than adequate (I am a sports fan and it's football season!). The towels in the room were rough.

The only complaint that I have is the food in the 'bistro'. It is cheap food that is way overpriced. We paid over $20 for 2 'breakfasts'. The eggs were soggy. The bacon was burnt. The best part of the breakfast was the dry toast. Really. We went elsewhere the next day for breakfast.

Overall, not a bad stay, but I will look elsewhere the next time that I stay in Greenville.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
RICSH, General Manager at Courtyard Greenville Haywood Mall, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
Thank you for sharing your feedback on your stay. Please accept my sincere gratitude for choosing the Courtyard by Marriott Greenville Haywood Mall! I realize there are many hotel options in the area and appreciate your patronage. Marriott takes great pride in delighting each of our guests, and i apologize for the quality of your breakfast food. We take any feedback very serious and it will be addressed with my team. Please contact the hotel directly if i may be of any further assistance.
OLIVE BRANCH
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

I base my reviews on my 5 key categories:

1) CLEANLINESS: The exterior of the hotel doesn’t look that great so I was worried about the inside, but room was very clean.
2) QUALITY: Lobby was nice and updated. The rooms were fine, everything clean and bed was comfortable. Only odd thing in room was tv located to the side of bed – had to turn your head 90 degrees to watch tv.
3) LOCATION: If you could pick this hotel up & move it, it would help. Is located next to a vacant restaurant and run-down apt complex. Convenient enough to downtown but not the greatest neighborhood.
4) BATHROOM: Bathroom was clean & adequate, plenty of hot water and water pressure. Nice to have vanity outside of bathroom.
5) EXTRAS: Lobby “go board” was neat and market café was nice.

COMMENTS: This property was fine for a night, an average property for a decent price. I debated as to whether to pay the extra $ to stay at the Courtyard downtown and if we go back, I probably would. We ate brunch at Nantucket Seafood located inside the Courtyard downtown (see review) and it was a very nice hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
RICSH, General Manager at Courtyard Greenville Haywood Mall, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
Thank you for sharing you feedback on your stay. I would like to apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay. Some of our rooms are layed out differently and have the tv and dresser located on the right of the bed, which makes it difficult to watch TV at times. Additionally, we are certainly aware of the condition of the exterior of the hotel and I apologize if this has caused any inconveniences during your stay. However, we are currently in the process of improving our landscaping as well as repaving our parking lot area. This project should be completed within the next month.
Thank you again for taking the time to describe and share your experience while travelling to the area. We are hoping that you may consider giving us the opportunity to accommodate you during your future travels to Greenville.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

Nice hotel, enjoyed the outdoor seating area and pool area. Customer service was good, room was comfortable and clean. Fitness room was well equipped, hot tub looks like its being redone. Would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013
RICSH, General Manager at Courtyard Greenville Haywood Mall, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
Thank you for sharing your feedback. We are looking forward to accommodating you during your future travel to the area.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

I just recently stayed at this location and found that the property needs a little updating. Curb appeal at this property could be greatly improved and I witnessed many potential guests make u-turns out of the property. The parking lot and landscaping need to be updated. Our room number 263 had water damage on the wall and our balcony had about an inch and a half of water standing at the time we arrived at our room. I had to give this property and average rating because the shining and saving point of this hotel the employees of the hotel who were very friendly. I have stayed at many court yards and by my past experiences this court yard falls very short in the quality I have came to expect from a Marriot property. The location provides and excellent location close to the down town area and I hope the hotel will make improvements and updates in the future.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for sharing your feedback.
We apologize for not meeting your expectations during your stay. We are in the process of upgrading our landscaping. The continous rain storms in our area have slowed down this project and hindered our landscaping enhancements.
Our hotel was recently renovated and our lobby upgraded with The Bistro.

Please contact the hotel directly if i can be of any further assistance.
Newnan, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

We spent one night at this Courtyard. It was clean and the staff was friendly and helpful. It is located in a very safe appearing neighborhood. There was an adequate restaurant/dinner in front of the hotel. It was nice to not have to search for a good place to eat supper. We had signed up for the stay and have breakfast promotion. It was very good. We chose scrambled eggs, sausage,potatoes and toast and coffee. This was for 2 adults and 2 children and only added $10 to our bill. Do this when you make your reservation in advance. The only negatative was the beds sagged when you sat on them, almost like a hammock. This might be OK for some people but we perfer a firmer bed. Maybe time to replace?

Room Tip: Get the stay for breakfast promotion...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for sharing your feedback.
We are excited to hear that you have taken advantage of our breakfast package.
I would like to apologize for the comfort of the bed and know how important a good night's rest is to our travelers. Please contact the hotel directly if we may be of any further assistance.
Cle
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

My only MAJOR concerns were the following...
1) the CLOSED whirlpool... we ride motorcycles, and pick our hotel stops based upon the availability of a whirlpool, to relax in the evenings. We picked this location, and once we got there we found out that it was PERMANENTLY CLOSED and going to be removed. WHY???
It seems that Corporate got hit with a ADA sanction and had/has to install handicapped lifts in its pools, and hot tubs. CORPORATE feels that this location is not worth the effort / time material to do so. Thus its closed and being removed. I wont be back, for this sole reason

2) All other hotels in the area ran Shuttle buses to the nearby TD convention center... Courtyard Marriott did not. This is important because of the weather front that parked over SC, it rained HARD every day, and we are on Motorcycles. So we cheated and rode over to another hotel that saw fit to provided this service. Ok we are bad!!!

3) Keep the laundry area doors closed. When we checked in the smell was horrendous (typical laundry smells). particularly with our rooms in the back. they went away after the doors were closed so the problem is solvable.

NOW FOR THE GOOD...
First of all I cant say enough about the staff. i would rate them as the best, from the desk staff, particularly Juwan (I hope I spelled it correct) to the young man in maintenance that found me a set of wrenches we needed to fix my bike.
The Bistro food was well pretty good for hotel fare. The drinks were amply poured, and the chicken wings (while a tad pricey, were pretty darn good.

The room was very good, and the suite my friends had was even better. It seems all rooms now come with microw, and fridge!!!! THANK YOU!!!! The climate controls worked well, however the AC was a little noisy (small issue). My balcony door would not lock ( a problem being on the ground floor, but maintenance was right there and fixed it promptly.

I will second the fact that it IS hard to find, but that made for a secluded and quiet location.

Would I stay there again??? If on the bike, absolutely not... (see whirlpool above )
Driving... Absolutely, the staff MORE than made up for any problems I might have had... all in all 4 stars!!!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for sharing your feedback.
We apologize for any inconveniences you may have experienced during your stay. Unfortunately we do not own a shuttle or van and were therefore not able to provide any transportation to the group.
The closure of the Spa is a corporate wide initiative. Most Courtyard properties are converting the Spa area in public space as the Spa is not utilized as it has been in past year.

Please contact the hotel directly if i you have any additional questions or if we may be of any further assistance.

Been to Courtyard Greenville Haywood Mall? Share your experiences!