“Such a wonderful stay!” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Grand Forks
“Such a wonderful stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

First, this is my second stay at a Courtyard (on opposite ends of the country), and both were laid out very nicely with super comfy, sharp rooms. This would be enough to attract me here. But, the real clincher is the GREAT staff...

On Sunday, my wife was celebrating a birthday, so I called ahead and asked if they could help me out with a surprise: I had a jar of rose petals I wanted them to spread on the bed for her. The man I spoke with was VERY quick to assure me this wouldn't be a problem. When I stopped by the hotel later to check in (while my wife was in the car), the two ladies at the front desk immediately jumped when I gave my name. They both were clearly anticipating me, and they assured me this would be taken care of. They took my rose petals, box of chocolates and card, and they quickly removed them to another room just in case my wife showed up. In addition, they called someone else over to give instructions to, because I was being checked into a room that wasn't cleaned yet (I assured them I wouldn't be back for a few hours) and there wasn't a guarantee my room would be cleaned before they left. I felt very confident I was in good hands.

Later, when my wife and I were going up to our room for the first time, we passed through the lobby, and I was stopped by the same ladies at the front desk. They had had an issue with the room I was previously assigned, so they switched me to a different room--a suite!

When we arrived in the room, there was a BEAUTIFUL heart on the bed formed out of rose petals, and in the middle of the heart was the box of chocolates and the card tilted on it with a couple of petals on it as well. I was blown away--and so was my wife!

It's one thing for a hotel staff to be accommodating, but they clearly went above and beyond. The fact that my request was clearly passed on to multiple people to ensure it wasn't missed was really impressive to me, and I felt like we were treated like VIP customers.

If I am back in Greenville, THIS is my hotel for sure. Thank you, thank you, thank you for helping make my wife's birthday so special!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
RICSH, General Manager at Courtyard Greenville Haywood Mall, responded to this review, May 17, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind words and feedback on your stay. We are glad to have helped you make your wife's birthday special and are looking forward to accomodating you during your future travels to the area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Cincinnati, OH
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

I stayed here for 2 nights while in town for work. I originally planned to say at another hotel until they increased their rates by over $20 a night in a week. I thought the hotel was easy to find, it is off a main road and sits off the side road. I like that because it was quiet. It is convenient to many areas and food and shopping are minutes away. My room was quiet and clean. You can tell it is an old property that has been renovated.

I checked in and was placed in a room on the first floor (which has balcony) as a single traveler that week-I asked to be moved and was moved to the 3rd floor, which I felt was safer. The outlet under the desk did not work so the microwave and lamp did not work-which I didn't realize until the next day when my computer wasn't charged because it was plugged into the outlet. I called the front desk, told them what the issue was-and it was fixed by the time I came back that afternoon.

I found the staff to be pleasant and responded to my needs well. I did not eat any meals there or visit the gym.

Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
RICSH, General Manager at Courtyard Greenville Haywood Mall, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
Thank you for your feedback and your recent stay with us. I apologize for the non-working outlet and any inconvenience this might have caused. We hope to accomodate you during your future travels to the area.
NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

I stayed here in early May with friends of mine in two separate rooms. This is one of those renovated Courtyards, and everything is in top shape. Good location near the Mall, free internet stations, complimentary newspapers, and food available in the Bistro. No complaints at all about the property. There was a slight billing issue, and the General Manager quickly resolved the matter in a professional manner. I would gladly stay here again the next time I am in Greenville.

Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
RICSH, General Manager at Courtyard Greenville Haywood Mall, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
Thank you so much for your feedback on your recent stay. We are looking forward to accomodate you during your future travels to the area.
charlotte,nc
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

Have stayed at a lot of Courtyard hotels as a Marriott Rewards member. Price is ok for the area, but guest rooms, front desk staff and overall vibe here is just not what I expect. Hotel was overbooked and did not get the room type I had reserved, yet there was no effort to make up for the inconvenience. Better options in the area.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
RICSH, General Manager at Courtyard Greenville Haywood Mall, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Thank you for your review and your feedback. I am very sorry for any inconveniences you have experienced during your recent stay. I would like to discuss your recent experience with you further. If you are interested, please contact me at 864-234-0300.
SAO PAULO BRAZIL
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

To begin with, the hotel cannot be seen or reached easily. I do not know if there is a policy by Marrriott hotels to give us Brazilian the worst room they have, Booked more than a month in advance and being Gold Members, the least one expect is the compliance to ones requests. To a high floor room they gave us a second floor worn out room facing the pool where people like to gather and chat late at night. We have just gone to other hotel, much better and for the same price. As we complained about the room that was dirty and not what we have reserved they offered us an upgrade, and that is why I think they first put you up in a bad room and hope you will be satisfied with the not so good room.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your recent feedback on your stay. I apologize for any inconveniences you have experienced during your stay. I would like to discuss this feedback with you further, please contact me at 864-234-0300 at your earliest convenience.
Hampton, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

We came into town expecting to stay a couple of nights in the Ronald McDonald but they were booked so we chose this hotel due to the proximity of the mall & restaurants as well as easy access to the highway. This hotel has obviously gone through renovations and it is really nice. The lounge is great, the breakfast was excellent. We stayed in the one bedroom suite. The rooms were immaculate. The beds were comfortable and the room was stocked with everything we needed. The hallways were clean and everything was pleasant. Oh and not to mention the staff was really nice and accomadating. We will definitely stay again, can't wait!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your review and your feedback. We are looking forward to accomodating you during your future travels to the area. Marriott is a National Sponsor of the CMNH and have partnered with the local Ronald Mc Donald House as well in the past.
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

Nothing out of the ordinary here. Room was very clean and quiet, which is what you should expect from the brand.

The check-in process seemed to take more time than usual. Apparently the person tasked with the running desk wasn't completely "in the system" to accept credit cards from guests. But in fairness, they were willing to switch our room from two beds to a single king.

Overall, we would probably stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your review and feedback of your recent stay. I apologize the check in took longer than expected. Please contact the hotel if you have any further questions or would like to speak to me directly.

Been to Courtyard Greenville Haywood Mall? Share your experiences!