“Room after Room of beautiful art pieces!” 5 of 5 stars

Type: Museums, Educational Sites
Attraction Details
Pensacola Beach, Florida
4 attraction reviews
“Room after Room of beautiful art pieces!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014 via mobile

You must see this collection! It is amazing! It opens at 2:00 pm and closes at 5:00 pm. You need every bit of that time. Dress warm as the air conditioning is kept very low. We were not offered the audio tour, and I think that would have been better.
The priceless pieces of art are amazing. The paintings are from lesser known artists from the 14th century on up but, whereas most collections feature a few extremely famous artists, this collection features numerous lesser known artists. There were about 30 rooms full of paintings. Most pieces were enormous and displayed very well.
You are asked to leave bags and bring only minimal on walking tour. There is no guide but there are attendants in every corner. They are friendly but remind you to stand no closer than 12 inches from the art and no touching. This is why it is better to pay an extra $3.00 on top of the $5.00 entrance fee, to hear the written descriptions. After straining your eyes for hundreds of pieces of art descriptions my eyes hurt.
So my biggest disappointment was that no one offered the auditory tour and we did not know about it until later.

Visited July 2014

Washington, USA
8 attraction reviews
“A wonderful collection of fine art in Greenville...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

I invited a friend to join me on a visit to this art museum yesterday. I called as we entered the campus and a sweet lady was happy to direct us to the museum. Unfortunately, we only allowed ourselves about 2 hours for our visit. We payed the reasonable admission fee ($5 per person, with another $5 for the audio guide which was very valuable) and started on our tour. The collection is amazing and we wandered through room after room of fine pieces from the Renaissance period. Our disappointment was that we only made it through about half of the collection before the museum closed at 5:00. They are only open from 2:00 to 5:00, and I would highly suggest you begin your visit as soon as they open if you want a chance at getting all the way through. It looked like they had a lovely gift store, but we chose to see as much art as we could rather than leave the exhibit early to visit the gift shop. There were staff located throughout the museum and all were friendly and helpful. This is a wonderful place to spend an afternoon (especially a hot one!) in Greenville!

Visited June 2014
3 attraction reviews
“AWESOME”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2014

WOW talking about value. Great Artwork by renoun Artist and well laid out you can go at your own pace and quality Cristian venue. I am proud to give this review have gone back to show my friends and family

Visited May 2014
Greenville, South Carolina
22 attraction reviews
“Living Art”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

The entire experience was A-One! Top Notch. We went for their special event of Living Art and was completely enthralled with the entire program and how extremely professional it was! Parking was a concern for me but it was a piece of cake! The fact that with the paid ticket for the even you can also go into their galleries is just wonderful. The Staff of young people were very courteous and helpful. Already looking forward to their next event and will not have any reservation in getting it booked. My only question is: What took me so long to find this fabulous gem in our own backyard!"

Visited February 2014
Centralia, Washington
7 attraction reviews
“great time with family”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2014

Museum and Gallery were fun to visit, but Living Gallery play was excellent, wonderful way to spend time at Easter time.

Visited April 2014