“Sunday Dinner” 5 of 5 stars

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Green Tomato Buffet
1511 Woodruff Rd, Greenville, SC 29607-5743 (Formerly Grand Dragon Buffet)
864-281-0377
Improve this listing
Ranked #164 of 761 Restaurants in Greenville
Cuisines: Chinese
Greenville, South Carolina
“Sunday Dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014

The food reminded me of Sunday Dinners at church, that was prepared by the mothers or the food committe of the church....very good.....wonder if they cater....son is graduating from college.....

• Visited April 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Greenville, South Carolina
“Lots of food that is so so in taste”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014

I ate here with a friend who had heard it was a good deal. We were greeted as soon as we entered and shown to a table by the windows. Our drink order was taken and we went to the buffets.

There is a salad buffet with choices ranging from iceberg lettuce to chicken salad, past salad, carrot and raisin salad and lots of add ons including deviled eggs (not great). There is a buffet devoted to hot side dishes like sweet potato casserole, corn, beans and the like and there is a buffet that is for entrees consisting of (the day I visited) fried and baked chicken, Salisbury steak, beef stroganoff, two types of fried fish and sausage and peppers and onions along with rice and mashed potatoes. Check their website for a more complete listing which changes somewhat on a daily basis. Finally there is a dessert buffet with banana pudding several cakes and pies and peach cobbler as well as Jello.

The meal was good although it was not the best I have ever had it was filling and I didn't dislike any particular dish as much as others apparently have. The wait staff was very attentive and my tea never got below a half glass. The roll I had was warm and very tasty.

I am definitely planning on returning.

• Visited March 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Wathena, Kansas
“Possibly the worst food I have ever eaten”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

From a guy that likes to eat and never reviews anything let this be a warning. This place was terrible. Unrecognizable chicken pieces that were not cooked all the way through, smothered steak, smothered yes steak no, if you are going to use instant mashed potato's at least mix them to the right ratio. The building and workers looked like a Chinese restaurant that didn't make it so switched to "southern food". Dirty, nasty, stinky, don't waste your money. Terrible is an understatement.

• Visited March 2014
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Laurens, South Carolina
“Better than expected”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

After searching for somewhere to eat that didn't have an hour wait on a Saturday night, we finally decided on the Green Tomato. My expectations were not very high but we were starving. I was pleasantly surprised. Everything I tasted was very good. I didn't try the salad or desserts, but I was so full from the other items I didn't need to. The pot roast especially was very tender and flavorful. The server was definitely busy, but we never had to ask for drink refills and she was very proactive about keeping the plates cleared. I went in expecting something similar to a Ryans, but it was much better. It's worth trying!

Visited February 2014
Gaffney, South Carolina
“Christmas Lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2013

My Missionary Group, family, and church family went to the Green Tomato on December 12th for our annual Christmas Outing. The food and service was awesome there and many expressed the wish to return soon in the near future.

• Visited December 2013