“Hidden Gem” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Hidden Gem”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2012

This tiny trattoria is a tasty Italian oasis! Great pasta, we are partial to the ravioli, and nice wine selection, served in a charming dining room. Leave the bustle on the street, and step in to relax.

Visited February 2012

59% Recommend
North Carolina
“I give it a "B" on an academic grading scale”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2012

Here is my take: only three red wines available by glass: Chianti, cab, pinot (last two domestic); bread looked lovely, but was actually stale; olive oil for bread was very ordinary--if you are gong to serve a dipping oil, it should be darn good; salad was too lightly dressed--when more vinaigrette was brought out, it tasted like it came from a bottle; entrees were the best part of meal (traditional Italian preparation of veal with lemon/caper sauce) served with a mini-crepe filled with soft cheese and some nice green beans. The best part of the restaurant is its wonderful location in the heart of downtown Greenville and the white tablecloth/low lights/soft music/conversation-possible atmosphere. How rare these places are becoming! I would put this place high on the romantic scale, but also suitable for a business dinner. If your love interest or business partner is food-driven, however, you may do better at a place that is more food-driven itself. With some effort from the kitchen, this place could shine.

• Visited February 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
easley, sc
“The finer things in life rarely change !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2012

I have eaten here many times over the years and it is as consistent as can be in all regards. The menu though very limited never changes, and the daily specials rarely change. The Northern Italian cuisine is impeccable, as I have said to many people I have never had a meal here that was even marginally off. The wait staff is the same as has been there for 15 years. Everytime I have been here they always have the Veal Chop w/Blue Cheese Butter special, unbelieveable! For consistent, dependable high quality Northern Italian ( so dont expect Lasagna, meatballs, etc) and flawless service, as far as I know it does not get any better.

• Visited February 2012
Greenville, South Carolina
“My favorite Italian Restaurant Downtown”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2012

I have been to Giorgio's many times in the last two years and I have never been disappointed. The food is cooked to order and of the best quality I have ever tasted. Clearly the chef and I believe the owner is a "paisano" who knows how to cook true Italian cuisine. I recommend the lobster ravioli for appetizer of even main course. To die for. The fish specials are just that.. unique and special. Service is quick, friendly, informative and attentive.

It is a small restaurant open only for dinner. So best to call ahead of time, or even days ahead of time to get reservation. You will not be disappointed.

• Visited December 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Greenville, South Carolina
“Anniversary Spot for Us”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2011

We've been married four and a half years now, and three out of four of our anniversaries have been spent at Trattoria Giorgio, or as I like to say, Tratt G. :)

To us, Trattoria Giorgio is a special place that we go once a year, so the fact that's it's a little expensive isn't an issue. That's part of what makes it special. Other things that make it special, the wait staff, the intimate atmosphere, oh and of course, the food. I have gotten the same thing over the years, not because I'm a nostalgic person, but because I'm a don't-fix-it-if-it-ain't-broke kind of woman. And let me tell you, the duck dish, definitely ain't broke. In fact, it's one of the best things I've ever put in my mouth! My husband has tried several dishes and has enjoyed each one.

We love Tratt. G and recommend it to anyone looking for a special night!

• Visited May 2011