“Yes!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Thai
Anderson, South Carolina, United States
“Yes!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2014

I've only been a couple of times, but I'm going to start making it a habit. The food is delicious. On my last trip I had the special rice with chicken shrimp and pork at a #4. Superb! The location is odd (stip mall next to a tax service and a karate dojo), but easy enough to get to. The atmosphere is nice. The old guy running the place adds to the charm. He's also very attentive but quiet. I couldn't get three drinks of my water without him refilling it. I highly recommend.

• Visited January 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Simpsonville, South Carolina
“Don't Judge A Book By It's Cover (or Interior for that Matter)!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

I happened to stumble on this restaurant, and wasn't even sure it was one until I went inside. Not much to look at, but by far one of the best Thai restaurants I've ever been to. I ordered take out since they were getting ready to close between lunch and dinner - and my order was prepared quickly, packaged well, and very good. It was not overly salty or sauced, prepared exactly as ordered, and was a good size portion. It tasted extremely fresh, and the chicken was very tender. I highly recommend the food - but don't go for atmosphere, or alcohol beverages, as they recently stopped serving beer and wine. Worth the trip though.

• Visited October 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Piedmont, sc
“A SPECIAL PLACE”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

I have eaten Thai food all over the U.S. I recently spent 3 months in Dover, NH and I ate Thai food at every Thai restaurant I could find out there. None compared to Royal Thai. It is the best Thai food around. I have been eating there for about 8 years now and I never tire of it.

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Simpsonville, South Carolina, United States
“Best Thai ever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

I have eaten at Thai restaurants all over the country and none compare to Royal Thai. The quality, quantity and flavor of the food is exceptional. There are Thai restaurants closer to home but we make the 30 minute drive across town to eat here.
If you want some phenomenal Thai food this is the place to go.
They have lunch specials daily that include a soup or salad as well.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Simpsonville, South Carolina
“Love Royal Thai”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

This is the best Thai food I have ever had. I have been to other Thai restaurants in Greenville that I am pretty sure use Uncle Bens rice and serve bland food. this place uses good rice and the food is anything but bland. I can't call myself an expert in Thai food, I have only been to a few, but Royal Thai is my favorite. This is a fairly small restaurant and the owner is also the waiter. I think his mother or wife is the cook, but I may be wrong. The atmosphere is a little lacking but does have some cool framed prints from a trip he took to Thailand. The owner expects quiet in his restaurant. He whispers everything. He also will not compromise on how he thinks his food should be served which has earned him a nickname among my family based on an old Seinfeld episode involving soup. However his food is delicious! We usually get Thai basil and/or Thai ginger number 3 spicy and it is usually plenty spicy. If your family is loud or you want to mix some of your food together, you may want to get your order to go. He seems to do a pretty good take out business. I highly recommend this place.

• Visited August 2013