“Fantastic Food and Outstanding Service” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Greer
“Fantastic Food and Outstanding Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

One of my personal favorites in downtown Greenville. The food is always fantastic and the service impeccable and professional without being stuffy!

Visited June 2013

Columbia, South Carolina
“Go hungry as the portions are huge.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

Somewhat hard to read the menu as the restaurant was dimly lit. Good service. Good food. Huge portions. Next time I will order an appetizer as an entree. All plates coming from the kitchen including appetizers, soups, salads and entrees were large enough to serve two. No room for dessert.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Greer, SC
“Delicious food, great service, nice decor”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

I have to agree with another viewer's take on the crawfish egg roll appetizer - not that they were bad, but just that they were sort of nondescript. As I mentioned to my husband, if I didn't know they contained crawfish, I would never have guessed. That said, the rest of the meal was fantastic. The beef tips in pastry (an updated beef Wellington) over Yukon gold mashed potatoes in a pool of demiglace were, to quote my husband, "a benediction." I had the Carolina crab cakes with the same mashed potatoes - also delicious. The wines per glass are on the pricey side, so better to go with a bottle. Our waiter, Josh, was fantastic: knowledgeable, helpful, personable, solicitous without being intrusive. Nice interior (old brick), quiet despite the piazza renovation construction going on outside. We will most definitely be going back.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Major pain!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I decided to try Sassafras while we were in Greenville. The food was ok but I felt a little off after drinking flat ginger ale and downing one of the strange egg rolls, not to mention the waitress was stale. After paying a rather large bill for below average food, we left to go back to our hotel. Shortly after, I got the worst stomach ache and was doubled over for a while. I have no idea what was in the food, but I felt terrible and would not chance going back to try it again.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Conway, South Carolina
“Amazing Meal and Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

My Husband and I looked on Tripadvisor for a place to eat in downtown Greenville as we were traveling in the area for a wedding and decided to try Sassafras. We thouroughly enjoyed our decision!
The meal was excellent and the service superb- we had a wonderful date night and would recommend the restaurant to anyone looking for a great meal, great service and overall wonderful dining experience.
Things to be prepared for are: heavy construction in the area, dim lighting in the restaurant and its not a quite eatery but we still enjoyed every aspect of the evening.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere