“Good steak, awesome mac 'n cheese!” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Rick Erwins Westend Grille is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 754 restaurants in Greenville
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Augusta
Greenville, South Carolina
“Good steak, awesome mac 'n cheese!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

My husband and I went here to celebrate a birthday last year and it was great! The steak was good, but I won't say it was the best I have ever had. The sides are family style and we carbed up, picked mashed potatoes and mac 'n cheese. The macaroni is without a doubt the best macaroni I have ever had. I would go there just for that. For one night, don't worry about the calories or the carbs, just eat the macaroni!

As others have noted, the seating is a bit tighter than you would normally think of for a fancy restaurant, and it can get a bit loud due to all those tables in there.

• Visited May 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

88% Recommend
Simpsonville
“Perfect "special place"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

We visited for a special birthday weekend in downtown Greenville. Loved the ambience. The food was great. The filet was wonderfully tender.

Leesburg, VA
“Best steak in a very long time!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

We visited Rick Erwins on a house hunting trip to Greenville. We've been to most of the high end steakhouses in many major cities and I would put Rick Erwin's up against any of them. My NY strip was cooked to a perfect medium rare, with a wonderful char crust. My wife had scallops which were also excellent. We started with cocktails and the crab salad. We split the crab salad, which was just right for 2. I know my around a good cocktail and these (Gin martini and a cosmo for the Mrs.) were carefully prepared and served with the frost still on the glasses. Our waiter was friendly and knowledgable about the menu and did a great job of pacing things based on our queues.
It's a busy downtown place and the night we were there (mid-week) is was full. The tables are a little close together so if you're looking for quiet and initimate, you should tell them in advance and ask for a table in a corner. We didn't find it crowded or uncomfortable but they do seek maximize their space.
Compared to a Morton's or Ruth's Chris, the prices are a real bargain. We will be back!!

• 5 of 5 stars Food
“Great for special occasions.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

We went for wife's birthday with daughter and son in law. This was a great experience. The valet parking is great to use .We made reservations and our table was ready on time. The staff was all very friendly and informative.We all loved the steaks. The sides were great and the bread was awesome as well dipped in the olive oil and seasonings. This restaurant is a little high priced for me but great for special occasions or to give to someone as a gift card, the four of us was around $180 plus gratuity. I am going to get my daughter a gift card for them to go again for her birthday or Christmas.

Spartanburg, South Carolina
“Incredible Meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I selected this hotel for our anniversary based on Trip Advisor reviews and was not dissappointed. Every aspect of the meal was delicious and the atmosphere was great. I would highly recommend this restaurant.