“FABULOUS!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 62 Hotels in Greenville
South Carolina
“FABULOUS!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2010

Everything about this hotel works - the staff is amazing - passing in the hall, they look at you, smile and say Hello. We had a suite which was was spotless, large, very comfortable and quiet (don't have a clue who was around us). The 5:30-7:00 food/beverage is amazingly good and a surprise. The breakfast was very adequate. There was enough of everything although seating at certain times can be a challenge. I loved the location for us and found a great, quiet running route as you leave the hotel to the right. Whole Foods is a 2 minute walk and other restaurants are walkable too (across a busy but crossable street). There are two computers available. I hope there are other Drury's around the country - this is a definite place to stay. Thank you, Drury, making me not want to go home!!!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Beaufort, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2010

Hotel located right off I - 85, They also have free food and drinks. Beds are very comfortable.. Mt bill was only 86 dollars and that was with a king bed. Will stay again.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Ottawa, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2010

Several family members traveled to SC for a wedding. Each of us thought this Drury Inn was simple great. It was easy access to the motel, the rooms were clean, breakfast and kickback food & drinks were very good. Each time we entered the staff greeted us with a "Good Morning" " Good Night" "How is your stay/" or "Let us know if you need anything". How great if every motel had staff like this. We all recommend this fine motel!! We WILL be back.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2010

We enjoyed everything about our stay except the noise level. Though the entrance is grand and everything beautifully decorated, they must have forgotten the insulation. You can hear the people next door and in the hallways. Hotel rooms are very expensive in Clemson on game weekends and people stay out here in Greenville. I can only be grateful that Clemson lost, because those orange-clad fans may have been even louder. We made dinner out of the happy hour. Saturday night is hot dogs and chili night. The accompanying and very fresh salad, carrot and celery sticks, are a great bonus. Breakfast was awesome. Excellent service and very friendly folks. Awesome half in, half outside pool. On a quieter night, this would have been an incredible hotel.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Rochester,NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2010

We have never stayed at a Drury Inn before and were pleasantly surprised! It was great value for the price, the hotel had a welcoming feel to it. I would not hesitate to stay here again!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Ga
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2010

This hotel is superb!!!!! Where do I began? When we checked in we were told that our room would not be ready for about another hour because the room that was reserved for us was being used by someone who needed the room a little longer. There was nothing we could really say because technically check in time was 3:00 pm and we got there about 2:00 pm. The general manager suggested that we could either come back later and she would call us when the room was ready or we could have one of the oversize king meeting rooms if we'd like and she would discount the room. We decided to take a look at the room and decided against it. (It was a nice room but it made me feel like I was at work with the conference table sitting there). She then suggested getting a regular king room instead of the Over Sized Room with 1 King Bed Deluxe that we had originally reserved. We decided to go ahead and take it. We were staying three nights so she told us that she would discount all three nights and if we wanted the original room we could move in that room the next day since there would be more rooms available. This has never been offered to us before at any other hotel that we have stayed in. Even so called 4 star or 5 star hotels have never done that for us. The general manager, I feel, went over and beyond the call of duty to do whatever it took to make us happy (even though I was happy the moment we walked in the lobby and saw the poster for free food). If more businesses cared about their customers the way this lady did, maybe more places would not have to worry about going out of business. Drury Inns and Suites should host a seminar on how to run a hotel.

Now for the food. Most hotels that offer free breakfast would begin putting up the food about twenty minutes before it ends (if they don't run out first). Drury would some days have food after the bar was to close and they never seem to come close to running out. There was plenty of food. Two out of the three nights we had the dinner and it was very satisfying.

My only complaint during our stay was the living area. You could hardly feel the a/c in there. I spent most of my time at the desk in the bedroom and my hubby sat in the living area and he said it was fine for him. We enjoyed our stay!!! We generally go for some r&r atleast every six weeks. Everyone was very nice.I can't wait to go back.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Duluth, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2010

I researched all the hotels around this area and read carefully the reviews of this particular hotel. It seem to get great reviews and had all the amenities I wanted. This hotel met and exceeded my expectations. Michael, the manager, and Kiki, clerk, helped me check in. I had some specific requests which they accepted and worked hard to fulfill. Michael bent over backwards to help me. He was so friendly and accomodating. I received a wonderful room!

The room is spacious, clean, and quiet. I had a large living room, kitchen area, bath, and good sized bedroom. Having free internet is great. The fan in the living room is rather noisy but not annoying. The bulbs are energy efficient. I made good use of the iron and ironing board. Bed wasn't overly comfortable, but plenty good.

Breakfast was very nice. Hot food was hot and cold food cold. Plenty of items to choose from. Wish they had flavored coffee and/or creamer. Plenty of comfortable seating.

Manager's cocktail hour has more food than you'd need. I actually ate my dinner there. Alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages. The menu changes, but when I was there we had chicken fingers, hotdogs, meatballs, huge baked potatoes, potato chips and nacho chips, cheese sauce, fresh vegetables and a nice tossed salad. The personnel were gracious and friendly. The eating area was kept clean as a whistle.

They had a nice looking pool and fitness room which I did not use due to time, but would have.

All in all this is an excellent place to stay for just a night or several. I highly recommend it for singles, couples, and families.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled solo

Been to Drury Inn & Suites Greenville? Share your experiences!