“Poor Customer Service Because of ONE Woman at Check-Out!” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn & Suites Greenville - Downtown - Riverplace

You added Hampton Inn & Suites Greenville - Downtown - Riverplace to your Saves list
Hampton Inn & Suites Greenville - Downtown - Riverplace
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   171 RiverPlace, Greenville, SC 29601   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
AAA Members Save 10%
Ranked #4 of 61 Hotels in Greenville
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Charlotte, United States
“Poor Customer Service Because of ONE Woman at Check-Out!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The hotel required a key to enter/exit parking. We were there for a wedding, and hotel keys are difficult to keep track of anyway. The woman at check-out (blonde with braces) was VERY rude to us when we asked for a parking key at check-out to leave. She said, "This is THREE keys for you guys now." She then didn't say another word to us... just handed over another key and when we said, "Thank you," she didn't even acknowledge us... just kept staring at her computer with a dirty look on her face. She was so nasty to the point where I said, "Geez, that was rude," and her demeanor even embarrassed another worker at the front desk, who gave us an apologetic smile. I own a business, so I am writing this because I'd DEFINITELY want to know if one of my staff members treated a client this way! She made no attempts to hide her distaste for us... I was appalled at the way we were treated at check-out! She never said, "Thank you" or "I hope you enjoyed your stay," or anything. Her last words to us were, "This is THREE keys for you guys now." Unbelievable!

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

HISGreenville, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Greenville - Downtown - Riverplace, responded to this review, 6 days ago
Dear Cassie S,

I am very disappointed to hear about your experience with one of our staff members! I encourage you to contact me directly as I will be be more than happy to speak with you regarding this situation and come to a resolution. Thank you for bringing this to my attention and I look forward to speaking with you soon.

m.denson@hospitalityamerica.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (129)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We were here for a wedding, rooms were great! Customer service was excellent. Had a very nice breakfast included with room. Hotel was very clean and modern. Very nice location. Convient parking. Lobby had very pretty Christmas trees as we were here in December.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
HISGreenville, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Greenville - Downtown - Riverplace, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear g h,

Thank you for being our guest! It's wonderful to hear how pleased you were with each aspect of our hotel. We have a great team that truly loves providing a wonderful experience. During the winter, we participate in the Festival of Trees in which local business sponsor Christmas trees in our lobby and they decorate them beautifully!

We look forward to seeing you soon and thank you again!

19Sam65
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I stayed at this Hampton Inn for a combined business and leisure trip. It is in a very convenient location downtown at the river. It is also very close to the Swamp Rabbit trail. The property is well maintained and the staff were very friendly and helpful. I will note that if you want a quiet room, you may not want to overlook the river especially on a weekend night in the spring.

Room Tip: The river views are lovely but the more noisy.
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Dear 19Sam65,

Thank you for staying with us recently at our Hampton Inn & Suites in downtown Greenville, SC. I appreciate you posting a review on TripAdvisor regarding your experience at our hotel. I am happy to hear about your satisfaction with our property and our staff! With our downtown location, you are correct that rooms away from the river and public spaces do provide for a quieter evening.

Thank you again for your review and patronage and we look forward to the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

My daughter and I were visiting colleges and had the opportunity to spend the night in Greenville. The Hampton was a very nice and the location was a 10. I would self park instead of valet. The valet was a bit slow and out of sync. Other than that a great hotel.

Dear Mike H,

Thank you for staying with us recently at our Hampton Inn & Suites in Greenville, SC. I am happy to hear that we were able to accommodate you and your daughter while she was in town visiting colleges. We frequently see guests who are here visiting area colleges and it's always a pleasure to show off the city of Greenville!

Thank you for your feedback regarding valet. We work with great companies who are always looking for feedback and ways for improvement.

Thank you again for your feedback and we hope to serve you again during your next trip into Greenville, SC!

;
Greenville, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I recently stayed at the Hampton Inn and Suites Downtown Greenville, SC and LOVED this hotel! I was able to walk to the nearby bars and restaurants and go for a run in Falls Park (a nice park with walking/biking trails in downtown Greenville). Also, the lady that checked me in (unfortunately I cannot remember her name) was very friendly and helpful, even though I showed up before check in time she was very accommodating! I will definitely stay here again when my travels bring me back to the Greenville area.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends
Dear Seth K,

Thank you so much for being our guest at our Hampton Inn & Suites in downtown Greenville, SC! Our wonderful location off the Reedy River and near the Swamp Rabbit Trail provides wonderful views and running trails. I am glad that you were able to take advantage of the trail that runs through Falls Park!

I am pleased to hear how helpful our staff was upon your arrival. We understand that travel times vary and we do our best to accommodate our guests when needed.

Thank you again for your feedback and we look forward to seeing you soon!

Charlotte, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Nice exterior and lobby and very friendly employees. Seems like a newer or newly renovated property and the location for getting around Greenville just can't be beat. Parking is easy as the garage is just under the hotel. We had the junior suite and it was fine if a little crowded. Our son slept on the pull out sofa and said it was one of the better one he has had (and there have been a lot so he should know). The big downside was the air conditioning unit that sounded like a diesel truck starting every time it kicked up. It was way too noisy even for the cheaper through the wall style that this was. It literally woke us up every time it started and we are pretty sound sleepers. For $300 a night, I would expect a little more than that. Location can't be beat but the skimped in some wrong places when building it. One last note, the Lazy Goat restaurant below the hotel is very good.

Room Tip: Check the A/C to make sure it is a quiet one.
Dear ScooterCS,

Thank you so much for being our guest! I appreciate you taking the time to post a review of your stay on TripAdvisor. Thank you for your compliments regarding our staff and our property! With our higher price points, our goal is to offer our guests outstanding customer service at a top notch hotel. Your feedback regarding the AC units offers us the opportunity to improve our product and continue forward with our goal.

Thank you again for your feedback, and we hope to see you the next time your travels brings you into the area.

Birmingham, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Stayed here for two days while looking at the local colleges. The hotel is beautifully decorated and is within walking distance to tons of restaurants, shops and the Reedy Falls Park. We stayed in one of the suites overlooking the river - the room was spacious with huge windows. The breakfast was well done and the staff very friendly. The Hampton Inn & Suites Grrenville epitomizes the cool chic vibe that Greenville has become in the last few years!

Room Tip: River View!
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
HISGreenville, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Greenville - Downtown - Riverplace, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear Kristin T,

Thank you for posting about your recent stay at our Hampton Inn & Suites in downtown Greenville, SC! Greenville has become one of the best big little cities. We seek to offer wonderful accommodations and stellar customer service to all who visit. I am so happy to hear that how pleased you were with our hotel. Thank you again and we hope to be able to serve you again soon!

864-271-8700

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Greenville - Downtown - Riverplace? Share your experiences!