“Perfect for families” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn & Suites Greenville - Downtown - Riverplace

Save Saved
You added Hampton Inn & Suites Greenville - Downtown - Riverplace to your Saves list
Hampton Inn & Suites Greenville - Downtown - Riverplace
Ranked #2 of 62 Hotels in Greenville
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
“Perfect for families”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

My young daughter and I visited this hotel in May 2013. I was pleasantly surprised with this hotel. I hadn't stayed at Hampton in a long time, and it's clear that they have upgraded the guest experience at this chain. The hotel is relatively new, so the room decor and condition was new and clean. The bed was comfortable, the room was large and the bathroom was big, clean and there was good water pressure. (wish the towels were a little less scratchy). The dining area had complimentary breakfast that wasn't bad - lots of choices. I could get a beverage anytime - tea, coffee, hot chocolate. and there's a little area where you can buy snacks and drinks anytime.
My only critique was the weird parking set up. You have to check in, then drive your car into an underground parking lot and then go back into hotel to drop your bags. You can't park until you check in. Guests have a hard time parking when they come to see you because they have to pay. But I think that's a downtown issue - parking at a premium.
The very best part though was the proximity to downtown Greenville attractions. We loved being steps from the riverwalk and downtown shops and restaurants. For the price, this hotel is a tremendous value. We'll definitely be staying here again.

Room Tip: Our 4th floor room was very nice. we faced the condos next to us, but didn't mind.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
hamptongsm, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Greenville - Downtown - Riverplace, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
Dear AtlantaDG,

Thank you for writing a review on the Hampton Inn & Suites Riverplace! We are happy to hear you enjoyed our property and our wonderful downtown location. We can't wait to have you back with us should you return to the Greenville area. Please contact me directly if I can ever be of assistance. Thanks again for your review!

b.flowers@hospitalityamerica.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
Winter Park, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

Great hotel location downtown in the heart of all activities. Right next to the river. Parking works very well and you can walk to any of the downtown restaurants and stores Great for a weekend get away.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear John S,

Thank you for choosing the Hampton Inn & Suites Riverplace-Greenville downtown for your recent trip to the area! We are so delighted to hear you enjoyed our centralized location. Being right in the heart of downtown makes it really easy for our guests to walk around enjoy all the great things Greenville has to offer!

We hope to have the opportunity to host your next trip should you return to the area. Please feel free to contact me directly if I can ever assist you in making future reservations. Thanks again for sharing your experience with others!

Charlottesville, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

This is a very nice Hampton Inn property, located right by the riverwalk area in downtown Greenville. My room was very large, with standard Hampton Inn furniture and linens. Front desk staff were pleasant, and helpful regarding directions. While the location was great, the fitness center just barely qualifies to go by that name, contained only a single functional treadmill for which the heart rate monitor was non-functional, and one elliptical machine. TV remote was missing in hte fitness center, and the room itself was tiny. Could not work out in the evening as the two machines were not free, did get my time in during the midmorning.

Room Tip: Room 222 has a diagonal view of the fountains/waterfalls along the edge of the river.
Dear clb7d,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on the Hampton Inn & Suites Riverplace-Greenville Downtown! We are pleased to hear you enjoyed our spacious rooms and we appreciate your comments to our staff. Thank you for your feedback regarding our fitness center and I apologize for any inconveniences this may have caused you. We have addressed these issues with our maintenance department. Just for your reference the next time you stay with us, we have a great partnership with the nearby Kroc Center and the YMCA, where our guests are more than welcome to use their facilities at no charge!

We hope to have the pleasure of serving you again in the future. Please feel free to contact me directly if I can ever be of assistance. Thanks again for your review!

Houston, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

For the nightly amount at this hotel, I do not think that this hotel is worth it. Normal Hampton Inn. They charged me more for my room than the rate I had booked online and the carpets were sticky. I had to wear socks the whole time. Rooms are not exceptional either- plain. It is a central location for downtown but there are other options.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

hamptongsm, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Greenville - Downtown - Riverplace, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Dear Kathryn W,

Thank you for writing a review on the Hampton Inn & Suites Riverplace-Greenville Downtown. I wanted to apologize for the problems you experienced during your stay with us. I've addressed the issue with the carpet to our housekeeping department to ensure this doesn't get overlooked in the future. I've also looked into the charges on your final receipt and I will be more than happy to go over this with you, so please feel free to contact me directly.

We hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you in the future. Thanks again for your feedback.

Mills River, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

Excellent, friendly service at every level. The hotel was quiet, even though located in a busy downtown area--even the elevators were quiet. Breakfast presented a variety of options and the service was personal and friendly.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Marlyn_Carroll,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us here on TripAdvisor. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay at the Hampton Inn & Suites Riverplace-Greenville Downtown! Thank you for your compliments to our hotel staff. As a team, it is always our #1 goal to ensure each and every guest has an enjoyable experience.

We hope to have the pleasure of serving you again in the near future. Please feel free to reach out to me directly if I can ever be of assistance.

Shanghai, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

Hampton is a good hotel for people to stay. it is clean, especially for the breakfast, it is very well. I like it. all the people here are so polite and you will feel that you are at home. If you come to this city, I recommend you to choose Hampton, you will find that you have made a right decision.

Dear JinrenS,

Thank you for choosing the Hampton Inn & Suites Riverplace for your recent trip to the Greenville area! We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for your comments to our staff. Our breakfast buffet is delicious with lots of variety of items, including fresh fruit every morning.

We hope to have you back with us again soon should your travels return to the area. Please feel free to contact me directly if I can ever assist you in making future reservations.

Charlotte, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

The overall experience was terrible. I called to the front desk twice to ask for towels and wash clothes (we only got two of each), and also for a non-feather pillow since my girlfriend is allergic to feather pillows and that was all that was on the bed. Each time I was told they were full and could do nothing. I did not bother to report the awful AC unit that could not keep the room cool and made so much noise it woke us both up throughout the night because of my first two calls.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear JimA,

Thank you for writing a review on the Hampton Inn & Suites Riverplace-Greenville Downtown. I am sorry to hear your stay at our property was not an enjoyable one. We appreciate your feedback as it allows us to see how we are doing from the perspective of our guests and thank you for bringing the problems you experienced to my attention. I can assure your we've addressed these issues departmentally to ensure we are always exercising improved diligence when it comes to these matters.

We hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you should you return to the Greenville area. If I can ever be of assistance please contact me directly. Thanks again for your review!

b.flowers@hospitalityamerica.com

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Greenville - Downtown - Riverplace? Share your experiences!