“I will never eat here again” 1 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #365 of 760 Restaurants in Greenville
Cuisines: American, Coffee Shop, Hamburgers, Family Fare
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch
Description: In a world of constant change, it's good to know some things stay the same. At Eggs Up Grill, you can expect a good wholesome breakfast or delightful lunch in a family-friendly atmosphere. From signature peaches and cream waffles to the spicy jalapeno and cheddar burger, you'll find delicious breakfasts with Southern flair and hearty lunches bursting with flavor. Open from 6 a.M. To 2 p.M. Every day, Eggs Up Grill is a gathering place for friends and neighbors, as well as an intimate spot for couples and families to share a tasty breakfast or lunch.
Simpsonville, South Carolina
“I will never eat here again”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

My wife and I ordered our eggs over medium. When our food arrived, both my wife's and my eggs were over easy. So we politely asked to have them cooked a little longer. Our waitress brought the eggs back to the kitchen. Later when she returned with our order, my wife's eggs were cook as ordered (over medium) and mine were still the same (over easy). I again asked the waitress if they could cook my eggs a little longer. Again she brought the eggs back to the kitchen and returned many minutes later with eggs that were cooked over easy. By this point my wife had finished her breakfast so I told the waitress that the eggs are still cooked the exact way (over easy) and to just forget the order.
The manger came to our table to inform me that the eggs (in her opinion) are cooked over medium, inferring that I am wrong. I politely explained that over medium eggs should not have a runny, snotty undercooked appearance. I further explained that if I keep asking for the eggs to be cooked more, then they should not keep coming back to me cooked the same exact way. At this point the manager ( who had a real cavalier attitude) informed me that she will deduct the eggs from the bill and was adamant that I was to pay for every thing else on the plate (i.e. bacon, hash browns, toast etc.). When I asked why I should pay for these items since they were on the plate which was continuously in the kitchen, she stated that I was only dissatisfied with the eggs but everything else was OK. My response was "word of mouth is the best form of advertising, and you want to jeopardize your business over a few lousy dollars". Her response: "do what you have to do, but I am not eating the cost of that meal".
True story, I have not embellished the details of this incident one bit. I have never witnessed or encountered such poor and callous customer service. I will never, ever return to this establishment.

• Visited February 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Greenville, South Carolina
“40.00 for cold eggs and burnt toast”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014

Me my daughter and wife have eaten here a few times before never a problem.We always expect to wait for a table there busy.Today was different,40 minute wait to be seated then the food took forever to come out.We had the steak and eggs and two classic breakfast platers.The eggs were cold on all plates my toast was burnt and had to be returned.After quietly telling the waitress about our issues she laid our check down on the table and just said i'm sorry about that and walked away? end of discussion.As i'm at the counter to pay i realize i was overcharged They charged me for an extra plate of fried potatoes by this point i didn't even want to discuss it anymore after having to wait for someone to even take my money.This may be just a fluke experience but i don't think i will frequent them again anytime soon.

• Visited February 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Simpsonville, South Carolina
“Nice menu ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014

We went for breakfast and enjoyed the big selection to choose from. Service was fast and friendly. Was very pleased with my half waffle, egg and turkey bacon plate. You'll have to ask for the turkey bacon though - it's not on the menu. The toast comes out cold and dry which makes it hard to butter at the table. All in all it was very good