“Yuck” 2 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Taylors, South Carolina
“Yuck”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

I can be nostalgic with the best of them, but this place is just old. Dingy atmosphere and not great steaks. When givenyou rare meat leftovers in a plastic bag- yuck!

Simpsonville, South Carolina
“If I was born in the 50's I'd love it.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

Steak was huge but over cooked when I asked for medium rare. This is the kind of steak house where you find ketchup and A1 on the table, both of which will never see my steak. If you like putting this on your steak then this is the place for you. If not, stay away. The dining room reeks of your grandmothers house that has had the same furniture since the 70's. You've been advised.

Visited July 2012
Woodruff, South Carolina
“Customer Since the Middle 1950s”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

I have been coming to Charlie"s since I have been old enough to go. I am 62 years old and as always "simply love it". The food, the staff, the atmosphere is "the best". It's first class all the way!

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Greenwich, Connecticut
“Good food, fair price, wonderful staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

I was visiting colleges with my 18yr old son and we chose Charlie's based on a local's recommendation. I was worried when we walked in as the decor is basic. I was pleasantly surprised by the quality of the meal. The sirloin steaks were rightly sized (10 oz) and cooked perfectly. The onion rings are the best I have had anywhere. The baked potato was great. The price was fair as well. We left promptly after dining to get to a movie when my son realized that he left his baseball cap there. My phone rang and the manager said that we left a baseball cap at the restaurant. She knew we were heading to a movie and she offered to drop off the hat at our hotel a few blocks away. That is service!!! I will definitely go back if I am in Greenville again.

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Richmond, Virginia
“Great quiet place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

Very small menu, excellent food. If you want steak, eat here. Anything else, find another venue. Homemade desserts and hand cut steaks are hard to beat.

Visited October 2012