“Worth The Wait!” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #85 of 726 Restaurants in Greenville
Cuisines: American, Hamburgers, Gastropub
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Description: Bad Daddy's Burger Bar is one bite away from becoming your favorite neighborhood spot. We are a chef driven burger joint that uses a mix of local and artisanal ingredients to make the most amazing burger you've ever had. We work hard to make sure anything we serve is the best possible product and make everything in our scratch kitchen. Bad Daddy's is a laid back spot where the decor finds the perfect balance between industrial and comfortable. The look is modern diner meets sports bar with an edge. It's got great TVs for the sports fanatic and tables on the patio for the ladies who lunch. Our patrons vary from businessmen and women and families to twenty-somethings ready for our fabulous Daily Bar Specials. Everyone fits in at Bad Daddy's.
“Worth The Wait!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2014

This place is always packed with customers! (A great problem to have). On two different occasions the wait time was longer than we wanted. On our third visit we were doing a "linner" - time between lunch and dinner - and were immediately seated.
Great atmosphere, wonderful service, fantastic burgers! I ordered the turkey burger which has Brie cheese, bacon and an apple slice, a great combination! Recommend the sweet potato fries. My husband ordered their signature hamburger which had battered bacon on it - amazing!!
We will definitely be back!

• Visited April 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Easley, South Carolina
“Good food at one of Greenville's newest restaurants.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014

I went to this restaurant for lunch one day with a group of co-workers. We all ordered different items and all of them were very good-so much so that many of us have since returned. Service was slow but perhaps that will change the longer they are in business. I enjoyed the turkey burger and onion straws-very, very good. You can order the burgers anyway you want-and of course you can get regular Angus beef burgers if you choose.

• Visited March 2014
Greenville, South Carolina
“Over Priced .... Over Hyped ... Food is fairly good”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014

Hub's and I sought out Bad Daddy's for a burger experience this afternoon. Overall, the ambience was interesting an entertaining. Not so much if you are seeking an afternoon or evening to spend with your loved one in a quiet, romantic spot having a juicy burger. It is loud and has a lot of stimulating energy art hanging on the wall. We enjoyed our server and the greeters at the door, all had a positive attitude and the service was excellent. The food was delivered without too much of a wait. We ordered the American Burger with cheese and guacamole, and hub's ordered to burger with the over easy egg on it. "Sam I Am" We also ordered hand turned milkshakes, which arrived extremely cold in metal containers and were hand poured into chilled glasses by our server. They were thick, and rich, and oh so tasty and chilled and melted on your tongue...they had that silky goodness you remember from those old fashioned milk shakes "like they used to make." Except these cost $5 each. None the less, they were delicious, and yes, I would order one again! Then can our food. I took the high road and ordered a design your own side salad with my burger and opted out of the fries. I ordered greens with avocado and additional items with a creamy salad dressing. It came in a small bowl next to the burger.

The presentation is in plastic dish like the kind you receive chips in at a Mexican restaurant. A little disappointing, because I thought it would be a little more upscale. (like a plate?) There was a waxy paper underneath as well. The burger had guacamole, tomato, lettuce, catsup, onion, cheese, and burger on the bun. It had a large wooden stick to hold it together, but it was still tilted to the side with most of the guacamole, tomato, and catsup falling onto the paper, which was quite and unappealing presentation when the server put it in front of me. In addition, the salad was next to it, and the dressing was on the side. The greens were on the top and all of the additional item were on the bottom. It was not mixed up...indicating that in the kitchen the bowl had gone down the assembly line and the items were added as ordered and the greens put on top and dressing plopped in a side dish and everything set on the serving tray. This is billed as a lower end establishment, but you'll understand my frustration later. I added the salad dressing and began to eat the salad. The greens had not been washed well and had a bit of a gritty taste indicating that they were not totally clean, and I had to dig for the additional salad items. I did not finish the salad. To eat the burger, I tried to cut it in half to try to hold it, but it slid all over the place and was very hard to hold. I ended up cutting it up with a fork and knife and it was even a bigger mess than was originally delivered.

The burger itself, was some of the best meat that I have ever had in any burger. It was juicy, had great texture, and fabulous flavor. the cheese that was melted on top of it had absolutely no flavor and you could not event tell that cheese had been added to the burger. There was little onion with only one ring, and only one ring of tomato, and the lettuce was chopped up falling out of the bun instead of in one piece. This was an absolute mess. The meat was the best part...the flavor was outstanding. For those of you going, just order the burger. No need to add anything. The meat itself is outstanding, has plenty of flavor.

Here comes the warning label: Be aware......all additional items added to the burger that are not listed with the burger are added at $1 each. If you design your own burger, the burger starts at about $8 and goes up with $1 each per item added. Keep that in mind. Read the menu very carefully BEFORE you order.

Now the frustration, when the check came, the bill was almost $40 for the hubs and I. For two burgers, two shakes one tiny side salad and fries that COME WITH the burger. They are NOT extra.

We came, We ate, We will NOT be back. YOU have been warned.

• Visited February 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Greenville, South Carolina
“Yummy new place to eat in Greenville”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2014

My wife and I tried Bad Daddy's for the first time and we were not disappointed! Instead of the beef, we decided to split a Buffalo Chicken sandwich, a chopped salad our choice of seven additional toppings, onion straws, and a cup of chili. The Buffalo Chicken was one of the tastiest we have enjoyed in the area, the salad was outstanding! The onion straws were tasty with the dip provided, although, I am planning on trying the sweet potato fries on our second visit. The chili was very good but would have been better if it was spiced up a notch. On the next visit, I will see if that can be done.

• Visited February 2014
greenville,sc
“Great variety,fresh burgers and good vibe !”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2014

Gluten free,carb free,wrapped up, wheat ,or white ....choices are great! Shrimp burger, beef burger,turkey burger,veggie bean burger......too many cheese offering to mention! Not your average burger joint ....really nice bar selection offering nice wines. Servers know the menu and encourage you to try different things... Burgers come with selection of homemade mayo,and saucers..fries are hand cut and either sweet potato or reg. lots of good salads and dressings ...
Try the peanut butter pie if you have room....yummmmm. Slightly pricey but worth it for a quality burger and a very casual night out .

• Visited January 2014