“Cityrange Steakhouse Grill, Greenville SC” 5 of 5 stars
Review of City Range

City Range
615 Haywood Rd, Greenville, SC 29607 (Formerly Cityrange Steakhouse Grill)
(864) 286-9018
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Allentown, Pennsylvania
“Cityrange Steakhouse Grill, Greenville SC”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

The best steak, anywhere! Wow! And wonderful cabernet wine besides. The sommelier picked out 2 very good ports for after dinner - nice job!

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

69% Recommend
Mobile, AL
“Very good, could have easily been excellent”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

Everything about City Range was excellent except my ribeye. It was mediocre at best. The prices on the menu were very reasonable, so when the waitress, who was great, told us about the special of blackened ribey with grilled shrimp, I did not ask the price. While my wife's crabcake was excellent and my shrimp were very good, the ribeye was a very poor cut of meat with a lot of fat and grizzle. The blackening was not very good, but it was cooked as ordered, medium rare. The big problem was that it was just a very poor piece of meat, at least until I got the bill. It turns out that what made my meal special was the high price.

Visited February 2013
Hartsville, South Carolina
“Great Brunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

My wife and I enjoyed a very nice brunch with my son, his future wife and her parents. My meal was the crabcake benedict which was a unique twist on the regular Eggs Benedict. The Bloody Mary I had was made to perfection. All of the others enjoyed their meals very much. I will make it a point to go back to the Cityrange again and see how it is for dinner.

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Just 'average'”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

We haven't been to Cityrange since we moved from Greenville years ago. We went back with some family around the holidays and it was just 'average.' That includes some great food and service, and some not so great food and service.

I scanned a few other reviews before writing this, and it seems we are mostly in agreement. We want to like it, it's got great potential, but the kitchen needs help.

For the record, I really enjoyed my own meal (don't laugh --- killer meatloaf) and the wine, but the steaks the rest of the table ordered came out cold and weren't that tasty. They also screwed up the kids' order, but fixed it pretty quickly. We skipped dessert.

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Greenville, SC
“I Wish I Liked City Range”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

I have been to City Range several times because I want to like it. What's not to like? The hostess is friendly and makes you feel welcome. There is a nice warm fire for those chilly nights. The atmosphere is great. The wait staff is very attentive. Up to this point I love it. You order the food and it takes a long time to come out 30- 45 minutes. When the food arrives it always has to be sent back. The steak is always rare no matter how you order it. Once it was not just rare but raw. When you point this out they will take it back and cook the same cut piece of meat. By this time it is cooked to death and very dry and everyone that did not order steak has finished eating. They will then offer you a “free” desert. By this time you are so annoyed you just want to leave. This place really needs a good chef. I will not be back, my money would be better spent at Chick fil a that is in the same parking lot.

• Visited October 2012