“We drove from Columbia to have lunch!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Lebanese, Middle Eastern
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Takeout, Dessert
Savannah, Georgia
“We drove from Columbia to have lunch!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

My husband and I live in Savannah and were in Columbia for the Memorial Day Holiday. Someone invited us to join them for the Highland Festival at Furman University and we jumped at the chance to get close to The Pita House again. The food is incredible! It arrives fast and fresh and is just bursting with flavor. We had the filafel and hummus pita sandwich and then shared a side order of stuffed grape leaves. Everything I've tried there has been wonderful and the small grocery store is a treat. I hope we get to go again soon! I wish it were closer to home. The prices are very low. It is a great value.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

“Ridiculously good!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013 via mobile

I first ate here for the first time back in 2000. It has been one of my all-time favorites since! Everything I've ordered from the menu (I've tried just about everything) is fantastic. However, my absolute favorites are the lamb kabobs (night time only), the pilaf that comes with the kabobs, the dill pickles (the best I've eaten anywhere), the hummus, and the 'fingers'. Love, love, love this place!

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Virginia
“Wow, incredible!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

I love mediterranean food and this was great! The hummus and all the sauces are different from what most of us are used to. Very neat guy behind the counter (clearly the owner). I highly recommend Pita House

Visited March 2013
Orlando, FL
“Great Gyro!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

The place had a line around 7pm on a Wednesday night, so we knew it had to be good. I had the gyro and my boyfriend ate some kabobs. Large portions and everything tasted delicious.

Visited April 2013
Napa Valley, CA
“Delicious, Authentic, Healthy, and Hospitable”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

All of the caveats from other reviews nearly scared us off this place, but we are SO glad we followed our guts on this one. The food is fresh and pleased all palates in our group of 8 (from toddlers to grandparents). It is clean, the portions plentiful, and everyone who works there is so helpful (we suspect they are mostly family members). Uncharacteristically, we carried home a box of leftovers because the food was so good, and the tabouli, hummus, chicken and lamb souvlaki were just as delicious stuffed into their pita bread the next day for lunch. I wish we had ordered stuffed grape leaves to go as well. Yes, remember to bring cash, and don't be put off by the lack of curb appeal. This was the best meal we had during our vacation.

• Visited April 2013