“Wow” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #21 of 761 Restaurants in Greenville
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Saskatoon is a steakhouse like no other in Greenville. Exploring the waters and the fields of the beautiful Northwest, Saskatoon offers you a dining experience rich in aromas, flavors, textures and tastes.From the northwestern corners of the country, we bring you fresh, cold-water salmon, clear river rainbow trout, wild game like elk, pheasant, and bear, plus interesting tastes like emu, portabella mushrooms, and other outdoor treats.Our Saskatoon dining lodge has re-created the look and feel of a Northwest lodge, filled with beautiful pine wood ceiling beams, wall coverings, and furnishings. Our dining lodge has been known to give our customers a "warm, friendly escape from the hectic city life." And each of our wild game trophies on the wall tells a story of remote mountain streams, fields and woods.The Lodge is available for private parties for lunch and Saskatoon features a full service bar. Keep Saskatoon's in mind for your next special event where you need a banquet room for a rehearsal dinner, bachelor party, birthday, or graduation. We also have gift certificates available!
“Wow”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013 via mobile

I know this is probably weird but i was actually reading the reviews to know if i wanted to dine there. Management is responding very well to every post so now im going to come and visit .... thanks so much !! :)

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Edmund W, Owner at Saskatoon Steaks Fish Wild Game, responded to this review, May 12, 2013
That is not weird at all! In fact, this review just made our day. We work hard to make sure that every single one of our guests feels heard and we take customer feedback very seriously. We're thrilled that because of our responses, you are going to come give us a try! Please let us know when you stop by. We can't wait to feed you!

charlotte,nc
“Great experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

Have been to Saskatoon on several trips to Greenville. It is always a highlight. Love the unique atmosphere, the wait staff and the food everytime. You must try the sampler platter, and the kangaroo if its available. One thing I would like to see is more variety on their side dishes. Make sure to have a drink in the bar before dinner and say hi to Renee, who is always sweet.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Edmund W, Owner at Saskatoon Steaks Fish Wild Game, responded to this review, May 3, 2013
Thank you for this wonderful review! I'm so glad we are always the highlight of your trip to Greenville. Great call on our sampler platter— that seems to be a really big hit! I will definitely take note of your comment about having more variety for our side dishes. Your feedback is really appreciated! Please come back and see us soon.

Simpsonville, South Carolina
“Great service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013 via mobile

We took our daughter and four of her friends to Saskatoon's for a Sweet Sixteen celebration. We were treated as friends and were called by our first names. Our servers went out of their way to take care of our needs. The girls thoroughly enjoyed trying the wild game. This is a great special occasion restaurant! Thanks for taking such good care of us.

Visited April 2013
Edmund W, Owner at Saskatoon Steaks Fish Wild Game, responded to this review, April 28, 2013
You are so very welcome, Clarissa! We're so glad your daughter and her friends had such a great experience with us. I appreciate you mentioning our friendly service— we like to think of ourselves as a unique escape from the real world, so anything we can do to make your lives easier, we will! Next time your family needs a night out, we'd love to cook for you.

Greenville, South Carolina, United States
“So Many Amazing Dishes”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

My boyfriend at the time took me to this restaurant for my 22nd birthday. They greeted me at the door by name and referred to us by name the entire evening. That made it feel very VIP. There were so many selections and dishes I had never had the chance to eat, such as kangaroo and alligator. The staff was helpful in guiding us on what to order and very enthusiastic about making it a fun experience for us. We had a alligator appetizer, I had kangaroo steak, and my boyfriend had a sample platter with quail, chicken and duck. Incredible food and the best experience.

• Visited June 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Edmund W, Owner at Saskatoon Steaks Fish Wild Game, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
Brittany,
I can't thank you enough for this thoughtful, 5-star (or circle?) review! We're thrilled we were able to make your birthday celebration special. Our staff is always working hard to go above and beyond for our customers— we want to be your escape from the hustle and bustle of the real world and it sounds like we succeeded! Great call on our alligator appetizer— we're glad you branched out. It's wonderful your entire meal was delicious! Next time you need a night out, we'd be honored to cook for you.

Simpsonville, South Carolina
“Birthday dinner”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

Our friends and us were at Saskatoon Saturday night. This was not the first time there, but I would suggest that the employees start looking for another position because if the fare doesn't improve, they will not be in business this time next year. I do not know if this under new mwnagement, but for our $80 dinner bill, I refuse to take the chance to dine there again. We had to ask for a straw three times, our meat with "little marbeling" was 90 percent fat and gristle. The mashed potatoes were either left in a metal bowl to long, or were dried packaged fare. The waitress ignored us when we mentioned the food; as well as the hostess. The only 2 worst meals i've had before this, ended in food poisening! No offer for another option or refund. Take your chances on this one, but you've been warned.

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Edmund W, Owner at Saskatoon Steaks Fish Wild Game, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Thank you for bringing this to my attention. First and foremost, I just want to apologize for your unpleasant experience. I can promise you, this is extremely out of character for our restaurant. Do you remember your server's name or what she looked like? You should never have to ask for something three times— no matter how busy we are. With regards to your meal, I'm sorry you didn't enjoy your meat. What dish did you order? All of our food is extremely fresh and served as soon as it's prepared, so I can promise you our mashed potatoes weren't sitting out long. I will definitely speak with my staff at our next meeting about your concerns. You deserve much better and I am confident that we can blow you away next time. I hope you will give us another shot— I know we can show you a much better experience!

Much appreciated,