“Love this place!!” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Saskatoon is a steakhouse like no other in Greenville. Exploring the waters and the fields of the beautiful Northwest, Saskatoon offers you a dining experience rich in aromas, flavors, textures and tastes.From the northwestern corners of the country, we bring you fresh, cold-water salmon, clear river rainbow trout, wild game like elk, pheasant, and bear, plus interesting tastes like emu, portabella mushrooms, and other outdoor treats.Our Saskatoon dining lodge has re-created the look and feel of a Northwest lodge, filled with beautiful pine wood ceiling beams, wall coverings, and furnishings. Our dining lodge has been known to give our customers a "warm, friendly escape from the hectic city life." And each of our wild game trophies on the wall tells a story of remote mountain streams, fields and woods.The Lodge is available for private parties for lunch and Saskatoon features a full service bar. Keep Saskatoon's in mind for your next special event where you need a banquet room for a rehearsal dinner, bachelor party, birthday, or graduation. We also have gift certificates available!
“Love this place!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013 via mobile

Excellent service, great food, great atmosphere and all around a wonderful experience! Try the Ostrich!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Edmund W, Owner at Saskatoon Steaks Fish Wild Game, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
All-around wonderful review! Thank you so much for this thoughtful feedback. Great call on our ostrich— that's my personal favorite. Next time you need a night out, we'd be happy to feed you!

Houston
“Great Birthday Choice!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

My daughter thoroughly enjoyed her birthday dinner here! We had the alligator appetizer which she said was some of the best she had ever had! The salad was fresh and crisp with delicious homemade dressings. Our elk tenderloin and buffalo rib eye were cooked perfectly - melted in your mouth! Dessert was to die for - made in house and not icky sweet. Our server was a charming gentleman who was very knowlegable. Would definitely go back!

Visited March 2013
Edmund W, Owner at Saskatoon Steaks Fish Wild Game, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Thank you for this amazing review! We're so honored that we could help host your daughter's big birthday dinner. Great call on our alligator appetizer— one bite and you're hooked! I also appreciate you giving your server a shout out. We work hard to provide the best experience possible for our customers, so it's wonderful to get this feedback. Next time you and your family are in our neck of the woods, please come back and see us!

Medina, Ohio
“Expected More”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

We met friends here for a dinner on their suggestion. My wife and I are both game to trying game. ;-) Anyway, the service was wonderful. The staff is kind and know's a great deal about service and their menu, but the food just didn't deliver. The table ordered the wild game sausage for an appetizer. Here's the thing about sausage: Yes, the meat you use will ultimately effect the flavor, but not in a way you feel that you're eating elk versus pork. I tried their Mixed grill for my dinner. It's 3 varieties of game sampled for you on a plate. In my opinion, not prepared in way that justified the price. My wife had mussels. Not good at all. We've had a lot of mussles in our time, and they did not seem fresh.

• Visited February 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Edmund W, Owner at Saskatoon Steaks Fish Wild Game, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Thanks for this honest feedback. While it's never fun to read not-so-stellar reviews, we welcome feedback of any kind— it lets us know what we're doing right and also what we can do better! While it's wonderful you and your wife were impressed by our friendly and knowledgeable servers, I'm sorry our food didn't meet your expectations. We're always looking to 'wow' our customers, so comments like this are not taken lightly.

With regards to your Mixed Grill, when you say it wasn't prepared well— can you elaborate a little more? Was it just the presentation that was underwhelming or was the food not to your liking either? How was the flavor? It's a shame your wife didn't enjoy her mussels. What would she change about that dish to make it better?

I hope you and your wife will give us another shot. I know we can show you a much better time in the future!

Much appreciated,
Alicante, Spain
“Over rated”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

Starter of game sausage was ordinary. The alligator tasted like Zaxbys.
My mixed grill of duck breast, quail and rack of lamb was ordinary at best while my partners Ostrich fared no better.
At $100 for two, I would rather spend $20 more and eat at somewhere better.
Just not as good as would have hoped for

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Edmund W, Owner at Saskatoon Steaks Fish Wild Game, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Ray,
Thanks for your honest feedback. I'm sorry you weren't wowed by your meal. I'd appreciate any more feedback you have, so that we can make sure your experience is much better next time! With regards to your game sausage, what would you have changed about it? Did you feel it lacked flavor? I'd love to get some more information from you about the duck breast, quail and lamb as well. What would you add to or change about those meats?

It's a shame you thought the alligator tasted like Zaxby's. We're always working hard in the kitchen to prepare our exotic game and flavors just right — so I can promise you we are more than a step above casual restaurant chains. In fact, we feel the high quality of our exotic ingredients — paired with the uniqueness of our presentation — is a great reflection of our pricing. I hope you will come back and give us another shot. I know we can show you a much better time!

Much appreciated,
New Bern, North Carolina
“Very enjoyable”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

This was not my first choice of dinner restaurant on our stopover in Greenville. We chose it because it was one of the few restaurants open on Sunday evening.
We were not disappointed.
The ambiance is unusual and attractive.
The owners and staff were very friendly and accomocating.
We enjoyed a mussel appetizer ($8.95), the trout ($18.95) and the special of venison chops ($39.95). My husband loved the trout. I too thoroughly enjoyed the venison chops.
We would gladly return on our next visit to Greenville.

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Edmund W, Owner at Saskatoon Steaks Fish Wild Game, responded to this review, June 23, 2014
Even though we weren't your first choice, I'm so glad we made a great impression! Thanks for writing this thoughtful review. It's nice when restaurants pleasantly surprise you. You're right — we are unusual, and I wouldn't have it any other way! It's wonderful you and your husband enjoyed the mussels, trout and venison chops. We work hard in the kitchen to add fun and unique flavors to our exotic dishes. I hope you two dine with us again soon — we have so many more menu items for you both to try!