“If you like wild game...” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #21 of 761 Restaurants in Greenville
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Saskatoon is a steakhouse like no other in Greenville. Exploring the waters and the fields of the beautiful Northwest, Saskatoon offers you a dining experience rich in aromas, flavors, textures and tastes.From the northwestern corners of the country, we bring you fresh, cold-water salmon, clear river rainbow trout, wild game like elk, pheasant, and bear, plus interesting tastes like emu, portabella mushrooms, and other outdoor treats.Our Saskatoon dining lodge has re-created the look and feel of a Northwest lodge, filled with beautiful pine wood ceiling beams, wall coverings, and furnishings. Our dining lodge has been known to give our customers a "warm, friendly escape from the hectic city life." And each of our wild game trophies on the wall tells a story of remote mountain streams, fields and woods.The Lodge is available for private parties for lunch and Saskatoon features a full service bar. Keep Saskatoon's in mind for your next special event where you need a banquet room for a rehearsal dinner, bachelor party, birthday, or graduation. We also have gift certificates available!
Mooresville, North Carolina, United States
“If you like wild game...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

First time visit and I will be back. I tried the Kangaroo as an entree. It was excellent. For an appetizer we tried the mixed sausage platter. The service was also very good and friendly.

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Edmund W, Owner at Saskatoon Steaks Fish Wild Game, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Tim,
Thanks for this awesome review! I'm so glad you branched out and got that kangaroo — great choice. How'd you like that sausage platter? Please don't be a stranger. We'd love to see you back here soon.

Cheers,

SC
“Food was unique, but preparation ho hum”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

My son asked us to take him to this restaurant when he was 8 years old. For whatever reason(s), we never made it over there until his college graduation!!!
The types of meats offered were certainly unique and amongst the four of us we tried 5 or 6 different types of meat. All were just roasted pieces of meat (not too difficult for anyone to do this type of cooking once you got the meat) but were tasty. Afterwards, though, I realize why beef was developed as the meat of choice in America rather than buffalo--beef just tastes better!
The rest of the meal fell flat. The rolls were ordinary (maybe even a little less than average) though the butters offered with them were interesting. The salad was really poor (basically just lettuce). Yes I know this is a meat restaurant, but come on, they could have put a bit more effort into the salad. The server was a little too chummy and intrusive but the decor is very pleasant and made for a fun experience..

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Edmund W, Owner at Saskatoon Steaks Fish Wild Game, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
Thank you for giving us this feedback. While I'm glad you and your family enjoyed your meal overall, it's a shame you thought our food preparation was just 'ho hum'. I'd love to get a little more information from you, so that we can make sure your experience is better next time! Would you have changed anything about the buffalo? What other meats did you try?

I appreciate you complimenting our unique presentation, but I'm sorry you thought the rolls and salad were unimpressive. Did you fell the bread lacked flavor? What would you have added to the salad? As far as your server is concerned, I apologize if you thought he was a bit too 'chummy'. We always want to be as friendly as possible while still letting you relax and enjoy your meal, so I will definitely look into this. Do you remember the name of your waiter?

Thanks again for your review. I hope you and your family will give us another shot — I know we can show you a much better time! All the best, Edmund — Owner
Greenville, South Carolina
“We are so lucky to have Saskatoon in Greenville!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

It's just so unique - and so unlike the other "big 5" restaurants - I like them, too, but Saskatoon's is just unique and different. A big hit with the men.

Visited January 2013
Mindy,

You nailed it when you said, 'unique'! That's exactly what we strive to be. Unique and delicious. Thanks so much for writing this review. We hope to see you back at our place in the near future!

All the best,
Greenville, South Carolina, United States
“I love this place...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

I've been to Saskatoon three or four times now and every single time the food is better than the last. I love adventurous eating and Saskatoon delivers!
The Kangaroo filet was amazing, the lamb was the best I've ever had.

If you're in the market for weight loss, check out the Saskatoon Paleo Diet. I have not started it, but I am considering. They make all your meals for you so all you have to do it heat-and-eat some tasty looking food. How can you go wrong?

Edmund - thanks for keeping your eatery open and providing a lovely evening out!

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Hi Garret,

Thank you so much for your review. I really appreciate your support, and I'm delighted to hear you've found our food consistently exciting and delicious. What else have you tried besides the kangaroo and lamb?

If you're curious to learn more about the Saskatoon Paleo Diet, feel free to give me a call or stop by the restaurant! I'd be happy to answer any questions you may have.

Take care,
Edmund
Greenville, South Carolina
“Wild Game done Right!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

We LOVE Saskatoon. The servers are very attentive and make it a personal experience. We have tried many different types of wild game there and it has all be impeccably prepared. Their elk & venison are TO DIE FOR. We go here for EVERY birthday and anniversary!

Visited December 2012
Thank you so much for recommending us on TripAdvisor! I'm honored to know you celebrate every special occasion with us. We genuinely care about our guests and make sure they consistently get personal and attentive service. It's nice to know you recognize and appreciate that.

I'm also glad you've had the chance to try many of the different, exotic game we serve. Of everything you tried, what's been your favorite?

Thanks again for your kind words. I hope you get a chance to visit again before the new year!

All the best,