“Not what I remember!” 3 of 5 stars

Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups
Greenville, South Carolina
“Not what I remember!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

My wife and I haven't been to a Chili's in years. This used to be a staple of our 'after church' eating on Sundays. I could have probably had their menu memorized. We returned a few months ago and boy was I disappointed. The only thing I enjoyed was my chips (that actually stuffed me up because we waited for our food too long.)

I ordered the shrimp taco's and was very unhappy. The cabbage in the taco smelled bad like its been going bad. The flour soft taco was soggy because of the juices were not drained before being put on the tacos.....or they let them sit too long.

I remember two things that have clearly changed. We used to order the con queso and it used to be really good....now it appears to be either pre packaged, not fresh or very poor ingredients because it is not the same. Then there used to be a 'chocolate paradise brownie' that was brought in a heated skillet with melted sugars and syrup...no longer exists or is the same....yuck.

I question....maybe you can help. Has the food industry changed so much that others are doing better and these chains have literaly become as bad as a fast food restaurant? Or have they just totally dropped the ball and become that bad?!?

Visited June 2013

“Not the best...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013 via mobile

Was greeted promptly by a friendly staff member and got a table within five minutes. We order the appetizer and dinner for two deal for twenty bucks. The appetizer and our food came basically at the same time which isn't good. I got the chicken fried steak instead of the chicken crispers in which I ordered. The waitress boxed up my chicken so I could take it home which satisfied me. The only thing that I thought was funny is when my boyfriend and I were going to split the bill and the waitress asked me how much to put on each card!?!?! Half and half.. duh! Then when I did tell her how much to put on each card she didn't put the right amount on the proper card. I use to love going to chilis back in the day but its gone downhill and I will only go now every once in a blue moon.

• Visited June 2013
Greenville, South Carolina
“Chili's review”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

As soon as we stepped into the restaurant we were greeted by a not so friendly hostess. You could tell she really didn't want to be there. When we were seated, the two older kids, 14 and 10, were treated like little kids. They both got kiddie menus and drinks, and you could tell they were both kind of offended. After getting our drinks, the waiter told us he would bring bigger cups, and they arrived about 30 minutes later. Literally. We waited at least an hour before our food got to the table while some people who came in after us got their food before us. When the food finally came, it was a bit cold. The waiter also had us wait longer for the younger girl's food because they had supposedly burned her burger. Many people around us waited about an hour as well, if not more. We got there around 5:10 because we had to go someplace at 7 and ended up having about 20 minutes to eat. Bottom line, we would absolutely NOT come back and DO NOT recommend this restaurant to anyone, unless you want to wait an hour for your food and have awful service. ( The location of this Chili's was in Greenville, SC)

• Visited May 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Elk Grove, California
“Soup and Salad”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

Stopped in to this restaurant on our way to the airport. We were flying back to Sacramento after a week in Columbia. We were seated in the bar because we were the only customers here. We were not pressured to order. The server took a drink order and brought them out. We finally ordered soup and salad. The server took excellent care of us. Several other came in before we left.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Naples, Florida
“Its chilis”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

We like chilis, not a regular basis but when were in the mood for it. This chilis was ok as far as service, good as far as food and ok as far as atmosphere. Prices are the same as always. Service could use a little help.

• Visited October 2012