“Spotless, Professional and Friendly” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #9 of 62 Hotels in Greenville
Merrimack, New Hampshire
“Spotless, Professional and Friendly”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 weeks ago

I earn my living on the road; and unpleasant surprises can sometimes occur. Not so here. I've used Candlewood before; mostly with positive experience. This is a very new property; but also very well maintained and clean. The laundry area is clean; and in long stay facilities this can sometimes be a challenge. This is my second experience in a newer Candlewood; and I would echo an earlier review that says the brand has upped it's game. The rate is competitive for a long stay; and there is very good value for dollar spent.

Staff contacts have all been friendly and professional. I got what I reserved; and everyone says hello in the morning. The cupboard is not something I use; but it's well stocked; and clean. This location has a pool; we used it this evening, clean, with plenty of furniture to sit on; and clean towels near the pool. There are two grills to cook on; and some tables. The grounds, lobby and halls are all very clean and maintained.

Room size is decent, internet speed is good and free. Nice TV, and a great work desk/bureau combination. Recliner, and a very comfortable bed with great pillows.

While there are cooking facilities in the room; there are literally dozens of dining options within 10 minutes of the hotel. If you'd like an evening out; a visit to downtown Main Street will offer more dining choices than you can visit in 6 months. I have a month to go; but if my first week is representative; this is a good choice.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here the night before moving into my new place, after driving up from Florida. All staff were extremely friendly and accommodating. The suites are modern, clean and comfortable. I chose this property because it is extremely pet friendly. If you are traveling with a canine companion, as I was, you receive a welcome packet for the pet and are only charged an additional $20 nightly, as opposed to the $75 and $100 fees I've seen elsewhere. The only downside I can think of is complicated, because it's also a plus depending on how you look at it. This is located on Woodruff Road, which borders on some of the worst traffic I've ever encountered, and I've traveled extensively. BUT - Woodruff also has pretty much every restaurant, store, and amenity you could want/need. So - catch 22. ;-)

• Stayed August 2014
Atlanta, GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014

We arrived at the hotel at 1:30am and was kindly greeted by staff. The front desk person was friendly and very helpful. She upgraded our room to the 4th floor (king suite) without asking (thank you!) and provided us with useful details about the area.

The room is fantastic. I had that Booking.com feeling when I opened the door. The living room part has a couch that folds out, a comfortable reclining chair with lamp, a good size TV and plenty of space. The bed room was large and the bed itself was very comfortable. The decor was beautiful and is something I would like at my own place! The kitchen is fully stocked with cooking items and they were all clean and laid out.

The fitness center is impressive and the food area (for purchases) has a ton of variety.

I can honestly say that this is the best hotel I have ever stayed. I am not a Candlewood Suites guy.

Room Tip: Request the 4th Floor and Upgrade to the King Suite
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Greenville, sc
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014

We travel to Greenville to visit family and found this property last year. This was our second stay and it was fun to see some of the same faces and same friendly atmosphere as last time. It's a new property and you would expect everything to look new....but it was also very very clean. Nice job to all. You really are becoming our home away from home. PS: the GM, Michael, greeted us by name...I nearly fell over. Wow!! Great location, great staff, great value. Thanks!!

Piedmont, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

I stayed here on a Saturday night with my 3 daughters for a birthday in a two room suite. The staff was extremely nice. They even helped me get our things in and asked if we needed anything additional. They had dvd's to rent as well as board games. The pool was great, and they have a very nice grill area as well! I will definitely choose this hotel anytime I need to stay in the city! There is a movie theatre and plenty of shopping right across the street, and PLENTY OF PLACES TO EAT! We are actually looking at doing a couples getaway night just to hang out! LOVED IT! THANK YOU ALL FOR A WONDERFUL EXPERIENCE!

Huntsville, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

We stayed at this hotel July 2, 2014 through July 6, 2014 and found it to be a wonderful experience. We came out to visit family. We had a wonderful room on the 4th floor. The kitchen had everything we needed. The bed slept perfect. Will definitely have this hotel on my list when we return to the area. The staff was excellent. Friendly and helpful. Special kudos to the Assistant General Manager Jim.

Room Tip: Recommend the 4th floor and the king suites
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Michael H, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Greenville, responded to this review, July 13, 2014
Dear Kenneth -

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and I am glad we upheld the Candlewood promise to be your "Home away from home!" It is true we have a wonderful, comfortable, and beautiful hotel. However, it is our team that makes us special. Our guest experience staff is led by Jim Ruby so I appreciate your special recognition of his efforts. Thank you again for your kind remarks, and I look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel upon your next visit to Greenville. Regards, Michael Heater - General Manager
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

Great location. Great price ($99 USD for a Friday night) great amenities (in room coffee, complimentary microwave popcorn, lots of current movies to check out -free!, lobby coffee 24/7, etc.). Great staff! Great rooms! It is all around great! Would totally recommend!

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Been to Candlewood Suites Greenville? Share your experiences!