“A comfy home-away-from home!” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #5 of 62 Hotels in Greenville
“A comfy home-away-from home!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here the night before moving into my new place, after driving up from Florida. All staff were extremely friendly and accommodating. The suites are modern, clean and comfortable. I chose this property because it is extremely pet friendly. If you are traveling with a canine companion, as I was, you receive a welcome packet for the pet and are only charged an additional $20 nightly, as opposed to the $75 and $100 fees I've seen elsewhere. The only downside I can think of is complicated, because it's also a plus depending on how you look at it. This is located on Woodruff Road, which borders on some of the worst traffic I've ever encountered, and I've traveled extensively. BUT - Woodruff also has pretty much every restaurant, store, and amenity you could want/need. So - catch 22. ;-)

• Stayed August 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Atlanta, GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014

We arrived at the hotel at 1:30am and was kindly greeted by staff. The front desk person was friendly and very helpful. She upgraded our room to the 4th floor (king suite) without asking (thank you!) and provided us with useful details about the area.

The room is fantastic. I had that Booking.com feeling when I opened the door. The living room part has a couch that folds out, a comfortable reclining chair with lamp, a good size TV and plenty of space. The bed room was large and the bed itself was very comfortable. The decor was beautiful and is something I would like at my own place! The kitchen is fully stocked with cooking items and they were all clean and laid out.

The fitness center is impressive and the food area (for purchases) has a ton of variety.

I can honestly say that this is the best hotel I have ever stayed. I am not a Candlewood Suites guy.

Room Tip: Request the 4th Floor and Upgrade to the King Suite
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Greenville, sc
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014

We travel to Greenville to visit family and found this property last year. This was our second stay and it was fun to see some of the same faces and same friendly atmosphere as last time. It's a new property and you would expect everything to look new....but it was also very very clean. Nice job to all. You really are becoming our home away from home. PS: the GM, Michael, greeted us by name...I nearly fell over. Wow!! Great location, great staff, great value. Thanks!!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Huntsville, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

We stayed at this hotel July 2, 2014 through July 6, 2014 and found it to be a wonderful experience. We came out to visit family. We had a wonderful room on the 4th floor. The kitchen had everything we needed. The bed slept perfect. Will definitely have this hotel on my list when we return to the area. The staff was excellent. Friendly and helpful. Special kudos to the Assistant General Manager Jim.

Room Tip: Recommend the 4th floor and the king suites
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Michael H, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Greenville, responded to this review, July 13, 2014
Dear Kenneth -

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and I am glad we upheld the Candlewood promise to be your "Home away from home!" It is true we have a wonderful, comfortable, and beautiful hotel. However, it is our team that makes us special. Our guest experience staff is led by Jim Ruby so I appreciate your special recognition of his efforts. Thank you again for your kind remarks, and I look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel upon your next visit to Greenville. Regards, Michael Heater - General Manager
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

Great location. Great price ($99 USD for a Friday night) great amenities (in room coffee, complimentary microwave popcorn, lots of current movies to check out -free!, lobby coffee 24/7, etc.). Great staff! Great rooms! It is all around great! Would totally recommend!

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2014 via mobile

First of all, I would like to start off by attempting to convey just how at home the staff here made me feel. The general manager went out of his way to welcome me personally by leaving a welcome message on my room phone. This hotel was immaculately clean. Everything in my room was perfectly functional. The flat screen, adjustable television hit the spot. The bed was draped in sheer sheets and the big window was perfect for a sun down's reading session. Mary and Kelly were absolutely pleasant at the front desk. I made good use of the snack cub-bard down stairs in the lobby several times. Everything there was reasonably priced unlike the average hotel snack bar that's prices would compare to a seven dollar coke at Six Flags over Georgia. The employee that really stood out to me the most was the woman who worked the night shift. No fault of the hotel, I could not sleep a wink. I frequently ran down to the lobby to get a snack, I don't know her name, but she was as benevolent as possible to me. We talked briefly of her dogs at home refusing to sleep on the floor. It kind of reminded me of the synopsis I can only imagine my ex-wife gives to her friends of my late marriage. I refused to sleep on the floor as well. All jokes near by, but aside...This hotel was incredible. Even the carpet was nice. We all know how even the best hotels have weird carpet. You drive twenty hours....check in....strive to feel welcome..exasperatedly glance down to your feet to find the most disheveled display of colored pattern flooring. Well here I liked the carpet. Does that matter? Yes. I have suffered from advanced and severe obsession compulsive disorder my entire life. You see, I could not tell which was brighter. Was it the new sheen to this well kept gem? Or was it the smiles on everyone's faces who was employed there? Those little details help suppress my life altering disorder. I was more than impressed. If this hotel was a one night stand..not only would I call her back, but I would stick around a while in the morning to make her breakfast. .

• Stayed May 2014
Mount Pleasant, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2014

My family travels from Charleston, SC to Greenville, SC quite often to visit family. This time we tried Candlewood Suites ONLY because they allow pets. We expected it would be not as nice as the places we usually stay. We would NEVER stay anywhere else in Greenville now. The hotel is sparkling new and spotless. We had the king suite which was AWESOME for us and our 14 yr old daughter. Full kitchen...king bed...2 TVs. The hotel has great amenities including pool, BBQ grills, FREE DVD library, FREE coffee, a convenience store with snacks and drinks, etc. The location is GREAT -- right by Target and tons of shops and restaurants. The bed was super comfortable. The staff was great!!! When I called to ask for a plunger, it was at our door in 2-3 minutes. I couldn't give it a higher recommendation based on price and quality combined.

Room Tip: If you are thinking of the room with 2 doubles, spend the extra few dollars and go for the King suit...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Michael H, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Greenville, responded to this review, July 31, 2014
Dear Susan - Thank you for your review of our hotel. It seems like you hit on all of the Candlewood hallmarks of a comfortable room, Candlewood Cupboard, Grills for our guests, and a great staff! Many people have the same reaction expecting an extended stay hotel that allows pets to be average at best. I am glad we exceeded your expectations and were able to be your "Home away from Home!" I look forward to your next visit to the Greenville area and please bring your four-legged family member with you! Regards, Michael Heater - General Manager

Been to Candlewood Suites Greenville? Share your experiences!