“Excellent Experience” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 62 Hotels in Greenville
Huntsville, Alabama
“Excellent Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

We stayed at this hotel July 2, 2014 through July 6, 2014 and found it to be a wonderful experience. We came out to visit family. We had a wonderful room on the 4th floor. The kitchen had everything we needed. The bed slept perfect. Will definitely have this hotel on my list when we return to the area. The staff was excellent. Friendly and helpful. Special kudos to the Assistant General Manager Jim.

Room Tip: Recommend the 4th floor and the king suites
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Michael H, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Greenville, responded to this review, July 13, 2014
Dear Kenneth -

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and I am glad we upheld the Candlewood promise to be your "Home away from home!" It is true we have a wonderful, comfortable, and beautiful hotel. However, it is our team that makes us special. Our guest experience staff is led by Jim Ruby so I appreciate your special recognition of his efforts. Thank you again for your kind remarks, and I look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel upon your next visit to Greenville. Regards, Michael Heater - General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

Great location. Great price ($99 USD for a Friday night) great amenities (in room coffee, complimentary microwave popcorn, lots of current movies to check out -free!, lobby coffee 24/7, etc.). Great staff! Great rooms! It is all around great! Would totally recommend!

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2014 via mobile

First of all, I would like to start off by attempting to convey just how at home the staff here made me feel. The general manager went out of his way to welcome me personally by leaving a welcome message on my room phone. This hotel was immaculately clean. Everything in my room was perfectly functional. The flat screen, adjustable television hit the spot. The bed was draped in sheer sheets and the big window was perfect for a sun down's reading session. Mary and Kelly were absolutely pleasant at the front desk. I made good use of the snack cub-bard down stairs in the lobby several times. Everything there was reasonably priced unlike the average hotel snack bar that's prices would compare to a seven dollar coke at Six Flags over Georgia. The employee that really stood out to me the most was the woman who worked the night shift. No fault of the hotel, I could not sleep a wink. I frequently ran down to the lobby to get a snack, I don't know her name, but she was as benevolent as possible to me. We talked briefly of her dogs at home refusing to sleep on the floor. It kind of reminded me of the synopsis I can only imagine my ex-wife gives to her friends of my late marriage. I refused to sleep on the floor as well. All jokes near by, but aside...This hotel was incredible. Even the carpet was nice. We all know how even the best hotels have weird carpet. You drive twenty hours....check in....strive to feel welcome..exasperatedly glance down to your feet to find the most disheveled display of colored pattern flooring. Well here I liked the carpet. Does that matter? Yes. I have suffered from advanced and severe obsession compulsive disorder my entire life. You see, I could not tell which was brighter. Was it the new sheen to this well kept gem? Or was it the smiles on everyone's faces who was employed there? Those little details help suppress my life altering disorder. I was more than impressed. If this hotel was a one night stand..not only would I call her back, but I would stick around a while in the morning to make her breakfast. .

• Stayed May 2014
Mount Pleasant, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2014

My family travels from Charleston, SC to Greenville, SC quite often to visit family. This time we tried Candlewood Suites ONLY because they allow pets. We expected it would be not as nice as the places we usually stay. We would NEVER stay anywhere else in Greenville now. The hotel is sparkling new and spotless. We had the king suite which was AWESOME for us and our 14 yr old daughter. Full kitchen...king bed...2 TVs. The hotel has great amenities including pool, BBQ grills, FREE DVD library, FREE coffee, a convenience store with snacks and drinks, etc. The location is GREAT -- right by Target and tons of shops and restaurants. The bed was super comfortable. The staff was great!!! When I called to ask for a plunger, it was at our door in 2-3 minutes. I couldn't give it a higher recommendation based on price and quality combined.

Room Tip: If you are thinking of the room with 2 doubles, spend the extra few dollars and go for the King suit...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Michael H, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Greenville, responded to this review, July 31, 2014
Dear Susan - Thank you for your review of our hotel. It seems like you hit on all of the Candlewood hallmarks of a comfortable room, Candlewood Cupboard, Grills for our guests, and a great staff! Many people have the same reaction expecting an extended stay hotel that allows pets to be average at best. I am glad we exceeded your expectations and were able to be your "Home away from Home!" I look forward to your next visit to the Greenville area and please bring your four-legged family member with you! Regards, Michael Heater - General Manager
Cincinnati, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2014

We stayed here for one night and were happy. We have 4 kids and have come to love IHG hotels. They are roomy very well kept and affordable. This one was no different. This one looks like it had been newly remodeled. The floors were really noisy and thin so we woke up the folks below us. We felt bad about that and we were trying to be very quiet once we realized how noisy we sounded but it felt like the floors were really thin and noisy... In other words get the top floor! No free breakfast but there are plenty of choices right around you. Staff was SUPER friendly.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Greenville, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2014

I spent one night at the Candlewood Suites - Greenville. It was one of the best hotel stays I've ever had, all things considered.

Service: Excellent and efficient. All the personnel at the front desk were helpful, friendly and genuinely seemed to enjoy what they were doing. My room was missing a TV remote control, and within minutes someone brought one up to my room, with all apologies.

Room/Facility: This is where it really shines. This property just opened in October 2013, so everything is brand new. For what is considered a 2-star hotel, the accommodations are far above what I expected. The front lobby area is large and comfortable. The hallways are clean and well lit. And the room - the queen studio on the 4th floor I had - was just plain amazing. The bed was comfy. The recliner was great. Everything in the room worked well. Excellent shower. Large selection of premium cable TV channels. Tons of power outlets. Wifi & ethernet (hard wired) internet service. A+!

Location: Set back from the main drag (Woodruff Rd), but close enough to be within a few minutes' drive of just about everything from fast food to sit down restaurants, Starbucks, Target, Best Buy and an urgent care place. Great location.

Misc: Excellent value. Got my room as a priceline "Express deal". Worth way more than I paid. Kudos to the staff - they should be proud of a beautiful facility and outstanding service. The "Candlewood Cupboard" has snacks, frozen foods, drinks and toiletries for sale on the honor system. There's a surprisingly good selection of stuff, and it's reasonably priced and open 24/7, which came in handy for my 2am growling stomach. My only complaint is regarding noise in adjacent rooms... and unfortunately this is an issue I had at another Candlewood Suites I stayed at, too. Seems as though the walls are very thin. You can hear doors slamming in the middle of the night... you can hear your neighbors' voices... and strangely, the plumbing in adjacent rooms is really loud. When they had their shower on, I could hear the noise from the pipes while in my bed! "They don't build 'em like they used to!"

If I had to stay somewhere for more than a couple nights, this would be where I'd want to be. Thanks for a great stay.

Room Tip: Request a top floor room to avoid hearing your upstairs neighbors' footsteps. Also a corner room...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Clemmons, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2014

My friend and I did a girls weekend and got a two queen bed suite. I am very picky as I usually stay in timeshares, but this hotel was top notch. It was better than most of the Holiday Inns we stay at. I don't know if it was a new hotel or just newly remodeled but it still smelled new. The décor and all is very nice. Kitchen was nice as well. We were delighted with this room. I wish we had this hotel for our next night as well so we could've spent more time being comfortable in such a clean facility!!

Room Tip: We were on the third floor so I walked the steps a lot as the elevator was on the other end anyway.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends

Been to Candlewood Suites Greenville? Share your experiences!