“Extremely busy, very noisy” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #31 of 725 Restaurants in Greenville
Cuisines: American, Coffee Shop, Contemporary
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: What constitutes "New South Flavors?" For us, it is begins with reverence for those time-honored Southern dishes. Served up by wonderful home cooks for years. We respect the freshness, the flavors and the food itself. But we like to jazz it up a little, add something deliciously unexpected to delight your palate. Our interpretation of traditional Southern fare is creative, inventive and satisfyingly scrumptious. Cheers to New South Flavor!
North Carolina
“Extremely busy, very noisy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

Staff is well trained to move customers along. The food is good and servings are generous. It is kid friendly. The noise volume makes conversation impossible.

Visited June 2014

Hilton Head Island, SC
“Yummy Biscuits!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014

Hard to find, but when you do you'll be pleased. Great brunch food and some of the best biscuits I've ever had. The sweet potato pancake is delicious, especially if you have a sweet tooth. Be warned, they start you with those yummy biscuits and the entree portions are huge; but they have adorable little boxes and bags to take things home in!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Clemson, South Carolina
“Lovely time, unique restaurant, good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

We visited this past weekend at the Greenville Tupelo Honey. It was really nice and had dinner on the back deck. It was so lovely, then out of no where the bottom fell out of the sky and it poured on us. We went inside and the waiters and staff were very accommodating to us and as soon as we got a table inside, we had our food. It was so nice to experience both outside and inside. We loved both and would go again.

The accents in the restaurant is very unique. There is a coffee mug chandelier in the gallery and unique pulley fan system. It is just different than anything in Downtown.

The food was good. I mean it was not stellar, but it was good. It was out very quickly and our service was wonderful. I had the shrimp and grits and they were very spicy and my husband had the country fried chicken and it was also okay for the price. It is a tad bit expensive for country style food in the south.

I loved the restaurant's feel and everyone seemed happy, even the staff that got rained on. We will visit again in a few months.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Greenville, South Carolina, United States
“Tupelo”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

My wife and I had dinner there today after church today. There was a 25 min wait inside, but immediate seating outside (which is where we wanted to sit anyway).
Our server was one of the happiest people that I've had the pleasure of being served by, unfortunately I can not remember her name. -
I had the Shoo Mercy Grilled Cheese sandwich with a cup of cheese onion soup. My wife had the breakfast pie and goat cheese grits.
We were served each a homemade biscuit with fresh wild blueberry jam - delicious!
My wife' loved her meal but could only eat half - very large servings and the biscuit didn't help.
My Shoo Mercy Grilled Cheese sandwich has there different cheeses, a slice of Canadian bacon, two strips of maple bacon and believe it or not - a slice of fried green tomato. The cheese onion soup was very light - it was like a lightly cheesy french onion soup. Both dishes were outstanding! I could only eat half my sandwich, but all the soup.
We were both very full afterwards. Can't wait to go back.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Greenville, South Carolina
“Superb service and good food. ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

Been to the one in Asheville which was more rustic but the food here is similar and the service is superb. There are so many competitors in the "new south" category and so many great restaurants in Greenville but this one is worth a visit. You won't be disappointed.