“Nice place to eat” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #31 of 726 Restaurants in Greenville
Cuisines: American, Coffee Shop, Contemporary
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: What constitutes "New South Flavors?" For us, it is begins with reverence for those time-honored Southern dishes. Served up by wonderful home cooks for years. We respect the freshness, the flavors and the food itself. But we like to jazz it up a little, add something deliciously unexpected to delight your palate. Our interpretation of traditional Southern fare is creative, inventive and satisfyingly scrumptious. Cheers to New South Flavor!
Taylors, South Carolina
“Nice place to eat”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2013

Tupelo Honey has a variety of food and a range of pricing to suit a variety of tastes. I have eaten there several times and usually the service has been very good. My most recent experience was just average. Some of the food has been excellent and some just ok but the overall experience is worth the trip. The complimentary biscuits with honey and blueberry jam is the best part of going there!
Be sure to request a seat away from the door. The front door opens right into one of the dining areas. We were seated there and I got a blast of cold air down my back every time the door opened and had to eat with my coat and scarf on. As it was our anniversary, this was very disappointing. I hope they will figure out a way to correct this problem. I would not eat there again if they wanted to seat me in that area.

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Taunton, United Kingdom
“Really Great Value and Friendly ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2013

Had dinner with my family and can really recommend this place -,delicious shrimp dish and the Biscuits were probably the best we've had in The US!

Greenville, South Carolina
“Living up to the reputation. ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2013

We only have two negatives to report, but they were somewhat minor and can wait til the end of this review.
Our visit Saturday morning December 7th was our first visit to the Greenville location. We've had lunch at the Asheville location and enjoyed it very much. They definitely are different as far as location decor is concerned. Greenville is not warm, cozey, rustic and fun like Asheville. Its more Hip, cool and happening.
Lets talk food! Sherry had the Sweet Potato pancake with roasted pecans. Pancake was a bit thicker and heavier than we like, but the flavor and texture were very nice. The creame da la creame was the butter roasted pecans. OMG!! Nough said!
I had eggs, cracked pepper smoked bacon and goat cheese grits. All three were winderful.
They also bring biscuits with honey and jam to your table and these were awesome.

Now the negatives.... without these, we would have rated perfect.

1: When we entered, there was a tall, slender, dark haired host behind the host counter. He was deeply envolved in fixing his watch band. He ignored us for the two or three minutes it took to fix the problem. Not professional at all. He finally acknowledges us (as we stand within two feet of him), apologizing for having o fix his watch and then seated us. Minor I know, but it did agitate me.

2: We were seated in a row of tables to the side of their booths. They are extremely to close to each other. Every Time the waiter attempted to see someone at the table beside us he had to squeeze behind Sherry's chair and came in contact with her numerous times. This is no exaggeration...... While he was taking the other tables order and subsequently coming back and forth to serve them, is derriere was nearly on our table. At one point I would estimate that his rear end was within six inches of my plate. This is totally unacceptable, however we understood it was not his fault. He did the best he could. This is a management issue. Poor table planning. Our tables were not the only ones like this. If you were not in a booth you had to deal with the same thing I just mentioned.
We will return and try the dinner menu. It looked very nice. We also were raving about some of the bloody marys people were having served with their brunch.
I would only hope that management reviews these reviews and makes an attempt to fix the table situation . We will ask for a booth next time. That's a no brainer.

Oneida, New York
“thanksgiving eve”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

Our family (some from California, some from New York) gets together at my son's house in Greer every year for Thanksgiving. To give my daughter-in-law a break from cooking I took the family out to dinner on Wednesday, and my son suggested Tupelo Honey in downtown Greenville. We arrived at 6:30 PM, were greeted nicely upon entering, and told there would be a 30 minute wait, which we expected (they don't take reservations). The ladies went shopping next door and we actually got a table in less than 20 minutes. A very cheerful server took our orders very quickly and brought us a basket of biscuits to start with - they were outstanding! Everyone ordered something different, and most felt their meal was very good (my chicken and biscuit w/gravy was delicious). One complaint was that the burgher tasted more like a meatball, as if it were breaded or something. Overall, the food was good and reasonably priced, the server was excellent and the atmosphere was average. We all enjoyed our visit!

• Visited November 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Greenville, South Carolina
“Good not great”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

Perhaps we were expecting too much as we have heard so much about this restaurant. The biscuits were great. The food was good. We ate in the bar area and had great service