“Affordable Upscale” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Asian fusion
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Washington
Description: Yap! is a new restaurant in the heart of downtown Greenville specializing in American cuisine. Open seven days a week for lunch and dinner.,
“Affordable Upscale”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

We were impressed by the $5 cocktails and reasonable prices that allowed us to get the extras. The food was well prepared, I had the steak special served with shiitake mushroom risotto in a light curry sauce. I was not sure I would like the curry on steak but it was delicious. The only comment would be the staff were a little too hovering. I appreciate prompt service but I don't need to be interrupted every 5 minutes to see how it is going.
The food and price was definitely worth putting this on the list of stops in Greenville when we return.
The

South Carolina
“Loved it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

Never had Malaysian food, Colby one of the employees talked us into it as we were perusing the menu outside and we are so happy we followed his advice. I had a chicken dish with rice and cucumber salad and my husband had the Malaysian spice steak. Keisha our server said it was the best steak in town and she did not lie. Very good food, good service, nice ambiance. We look forward to returning again and again! Oh and our daughter loved the grilled chicken and mixed grill veggies, she cleared her plate. The prices too are fantastic!

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Great food and service!! A must try!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013 via mobile

You will love the food! First time trying Malaysian food and it was great! Will definitely come back!! Highly recommended!!!

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Union, South Carolina, United States
“Enjoyable meal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

My husband loves Malaysian food and since it was his birthday he got to pick the restaurant. I had the curry and it was excellent. My husband had a chicken and noodle dish which was good but could have used a little more flavor. As a general rule we never have dessert at Asian restaurants. However they have a chocolate,orange CREME brûlée style dessert that was fantastic. The service was very good, and the ambiance was nice. We will defiantly go back.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Greenville, South Carolina
“Best Meal I have had in Greenvile”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

The ambiance is wonderful, the food even better. Service was impeccable (The owner came out and talked to us). It takes an leap of faith to try Malaysian cuisine on the surface. YAP makes it easy by americanizing the dishes a bit. I highly recommend this eatery.

• Visited August 2013