“Motor Cycles hanging fron the ceiling... and Good Food!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Quaker steak and lube

Quaker steak and lube
10 Chrome Drive, Greenville, SC
Improve this listing
Ranked #100 of 759 Restaurants in Greenville
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Greenville, South Carolina
“Motor Cycles hanging fron the ceiling... and Good Food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

Near the Harley Davidson store, fun place, good food, service, great selection of beer and very reasonable for lunch!

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

st augustine, fl
“Very good for what it is.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

I ate there twice both at the bar. First time was Tuesday which i highly recommend because it's all you can eat wing night. So I went up to the supercharged which was perfect. The dusted wings were great except the mango habanero which included sugar in the dusting mix...blech...Sitting on the front of the bar had some disadvantages, as sometimes it was hard to get served so I had to go up to the taps to get my order in. The second time I had the boneless wing special, and taking the advice of a friend, I got the atomic sauce separate and did the dip thing. Wow, burned my tongue for 15 minutes. The triple atomic uses ghost peppers and I'm familiar with them so I avoided them. A drop or two of ghost pepper sauce is enough, I can't imagine coating wings with that!!! They have Harpoon IPA on draft which is awesome, great decorations too as long as you're into bikes, but it was a bit uncomfortable with the Road King over my head!! I thought it was funny how the old harleys had a towel under the frame to soak up any oil leaks!!

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Greenville, South Carolina
“I can't believe she did that!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

I will start my review by saying that I LOVE Quaker Steak and Lube as a company. I enjoy the atmosphere and the wings. The wings are so much better than the atmosphere and the atmosphere is pretty cool. My wife and I made weekly trips in Ohio at their North Canton location every Sunday before or after a movie like tradition. $50 buck a pop on average over more than a year brings our families investment up to $3,000. Pretty high.

I moved to Greenville in July and had a gift card given to me for my move and decided to go one night when funds were low. I went on the night where their boneless wings were on special. I grabbed the advertisement on the table and pointed to the special and asked "what size does the special need to be ordered in?" and the server responded "in a minimum of 5's." I continued to order three different flavors for a total of 15 boneless wings. I really enjoyed them, and even enjoyed watching a goofy drunk couple leave and get into their minivan for a quick make out session. (must have been a good night for a babysitter and you have to appreciate opportunity:)

When I received my bill I was charged full price. When I confronted the waitress she said that I didn't specifically ask for them. When I reminded her that I pointed at the special she said that I didn't specifically ask again. Now I was starting to get angry. I asked for the manager because I do not like arguing and what she was doing as a waitress was unethical. I asked the manager why a customer would be required to ask for a special specifically. I asked him why all customers would not be treated equally and given the special price that was advertised on every square inch of their building. The manager started to defend the server and her scam.

After attempting to share with the manager the unethical position of the server, and the unfair practice of encouraging business based on a special, and then not providing the customer the special price was a scam.

I will not return to Quaker Steak and Lube unless it is outside of Greenville, SC.

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Anderson, SC
“I love the boneless wings and magna fries!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

I think too many people think this is only a biker hangout. The Harley shop is next door and they do have events, but 90% of the time we go there are not "biker events". We have been there during such events and everyone was nice, its not what people picture as a "Biker Place". I always order the boneless chicken wings (premium garlic) and magna fries with cheese. They offer many specials during the week and endless wings on Tuesdays. I would recommend this restaurant to singles, couples, and families. The decor is cool with cars and motorcycles hanging from the ceiling. Check out their website for weekly specials and events.

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Normal, Illinois
“bikers' hang out”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

Very nice place for motorcyclists. Located across a Harley-Davidson dealership. Main decor are nice motorcycles; with a few hanging from the ceiling, complete with all the old chrome and accoutrements. Service is great. Ordered the original "hot" wings with full scoville definition but had to ask for Tabasco to make hot. Good servings and nice atmosphere.

Visited November 2012