“Awesome burgers, reasonable prices, service not-so-great” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
North Carolina
“Awesome burgers, reasonable prices, service not-so-great”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013 via mobile

The burgers & fries (we tried the sweet potato & Parmesan varieties) and beer shakes are great! Prices are pretty reasonable (except the $9 cocktails...ouch!...although beer prices are fine) & atmosphere is good. Service was definitely lacking. I went most of the meal with an empty water glass &finally had to ask for a refill (when our server finally returned to check on our table). Our server was very nice and polite, just needed to work on the multi-tasking part of serving, I believe.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Charleston, South Carolina
“Great little burger joint!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

We recently ate dinner here during the Red White and Blue festival. Unfortunately, the restaurant does not take reservations so we had to wait 45 minutes for a table for three.
We started with sweet potato fries and then had three different "burger" - a classic bacon cheeseburger, a salmon "unburger" and a black bean "unburger." All were perfectly cooked and had the grill mark trademark branded on the bun. We then shared a strawberry cobbler with ice cream - delicious!
THe service was good but not particularly fast due to the crowds. Would definitely recommend this place if you're in the mood for a burger in downtown Greenville.

Visited July 2013
Cumpled
“Phenomenal Beer Shakes!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

Try the beer shakes ... sound weird, taste great. We had to be convinced to try them and they were all excellent.

Visited June 2013
Bobmunnich, Managing Partner at Grill Marks, responded to this review, July 6, 2013
The Beer shakes are outstanding... we were so excited when we started experimenting with them! The beer floats (we know sounds weird) are great as well!
Greenville, South Carolina
“Great addition to Greenville”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

I have been to Grill Marks 3 times. I like the food options and the price point for downtown. The atmosphere is casual and great for kids. I went just for an adult milkshake the first time and was very pleased.

The next visit I went with friends - 4 adults and 3 kids total. Our service was good and the food was tasty. We ordered the kids meals first and they took a little longer than expected, but we were happy with the size and quality. I ordered a burger with avocado (that I can't find on the online menu at the moment) and I wasn't Wowed by it. I barely noticed the avocado and thought the meat was bland. We shared a three-way and thoroughly enjoyed that. I do wish the burgers came with a side, but if you can share a three-way, it's not too expensive. The onion hay, sweet potato fries, and parmesan truffle fries and their sauces were all delicious. I ended the meal with a strawberry milkshake. It was good, but I don't think I would order it again.

My most recent trip, I shared fries with friends and enjoyed the pimento/blue cheese fries. I ordered the veggie burger fixed with the southern comfort toppings. The veggie burger itself is very flavorful, so it didn't really need the toppings. My friend ordered a cobb salad that was beautiful and very large. I would like to go at lunch sometime and take advantage of the weekday special.

Visited May 2013
Thank you for your nice comments and repeat business! Look for our new menu coming out in a week or so with some new appetizers, burgers - and most importantly seasonal shakes!
LaGrange, Georgia
“Dog-friendly restaurant with great burgers and fine outdoor seating!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

We had an enjoyable experience here dining outside with our dog! The wait staff even brought a dog bowl to the table, which was a nice touch. The outdoor seating is as good as it gets in downtown Greenville, and the food and ambiance definitely make this place worth a visit. The burger was excellent; you pay for cheese, certain extras, and sides so it can add up in a hurry if you have a big appetite. We spent about $30 (including tip) for two burgers, two sides, and a seasonal beer, but were not disappointed with the food or the service!

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Thank you for taking the time to let us know we did well! It's always a pleasure to hear from guests.
It's great to see our guests sitting on the patio and people watching while the enjoy our burgers!