“Great Fries and Adult Milkshakes!” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Greenville, South Carolina
“Great Fries and Adult Milkshakes!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

Hubby and I enjoyed a wonderful burger and great salad at Grill Marks last week. The ambience is very urban and "young" .... however, the food is very good, cooked to order, fresh, and service is excellent. The adult milkshakes make it a must do since you are all grown up now and can enjoy a childhood favorite with an adult twist. YUM! The bartenders do a great job. It can be a little noisy, but it is not an intimate place....it's more a come in and eat and go kind of place. I enjoyed the cobb salad it was very crispy and fresh and the toppings were tasty. Hubby enjoyed his burger which was cooked to order and it was juicy and smelled so good!...he seemed happy :)....their fries are another story. Be sure to delve into them. Get all the dippings and don't be afraid to try them. Live large.....enjoy with your friends .... it's a party. Enjoy! The truffle fries are very good and fun for everyone and something different that you are not going to find on any other menu in Greenville. This place has a lot of items that others do not carry. I did not give them 5 stars because it was just a little too noisy...otherwise, they would have gotten 5 stars. The food is that good. Give them a try...you will enjoy every bite.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Bobmunnich, Managing Partner at Grill Marks, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Thanks for the thorough review! I'm sorry the restaurant is a little loud... but thanks for noticing how great our chefs prepare our food!

Alexandria, Virginia
“Fun place & good food!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

Stopped in for a burger, fat fries and a strawberry milkshake. Excellent food quality and first rate, friendly service from the waiter. He made extra effort to stop at each of his tables to chat a bit (nice, friendly & nothing obnoxious). Thought the burger quality was excellent. Fries were just fine. Strawberry shake was great but was made with vanilla and a strawberry puree not strawberry ice cream per se. Still good, though! Sat out front and could watch passersby and a brief rainfall. I'd return for another meal if I'm in Greenville again!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Lenexa, Kansas
“Overpriced, but excellent food!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

These are some of the best burgers I've had! They were delicious! The milkshake was good, too, though nothing to write home about and definitely not worth $5. The facility is very nice with a comfortable outdoor street-side patio. While the restaurant is overpriced, I will definitely go back if I find myself back in Greenville!

Visited April 2013
Greenville, South Carolina
“Wonderful Hamburger-Skinny Fries-Milkshake/Ice Cream”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

Something for everyone. Great place for pets (outside) and children. Children can order slider burgers delivered on a frisbee. Ice Cream/Milkshakes/Ice Cream Soda's are highly recommended by several diners.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Greenville, SC
“Unfortunately, service was lacking like previous reviews”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

Decided to try Mark's on Sunday evening. We were seated quickly but then waited 20 minutes before a server visited us. Luckily we were sitting at the high top outside so we could watch the people go by while we waited. I ordered a milkshake and like a previous reviewer mentioned it was hot. I wasn't impressed. I don't know if they use hot fudge to mix in for the chocolate or what, but that was the first time I've ever had a warm milkshake. Odd. I ordered the Lowcountry burger which was okay but the fried green tomato was not fried and hard as a rock, I had to remove it from the sandwich. My husband had the mushroom burger and had no complaints. We had the three way app with fried pickles, onion straws and Parmesan fries. It was ok. Overall, the atmosphere with open air dining is what brought us in and really the only thing that might tempt us to try it again in the future.

• 3 of 5 stars Food