“Not Impressed” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Simpsonville, South Carolina
“Not Impressed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

The food was average. There are many better places in Greenville. We tried the crab legs and they were over cooked. The service was okay.

Visited July 2012

Richmond, Virginia
“In town for a night so hopped around to as many places we could. YUM!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

Grilled oysters are AWESOME. I should have ordered 12 instead of 6. Seafood gumbo nice and spicy. One item was missed that we ordered and they immediately offered it at no charge or additional drinks for free. I'd come back!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Clemson, South Carolina
“Good but not Great...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

We walked into Ford's this past weekend while walking Downtown Greenville, Sat at the bar and ordered a few drinks and an appetizer. The atmosphere was ok and with a decent bar area. The staff was not overly friendly but not rude either....It really just didn't have that Alive feeling I was expecting.
We ordered a Shrimp appetizer that was quite good and by that I will assume the rest of their food is probably fairly good as well.
I would try it again if others wanted to go but I think there are better places in the same area.

• Visited July 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Columbia, South Carolina
“Really Enjoyed”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012 via mobile

Went there for a gathering and enjoyed all of the food and the service Josh was a great server. Bar prices are a little costly. The fried shrimp and dirty rice was good. My friends had the grilled shrimp salad that looked great and also taste great when I sampled it. Seasoned Fries were good and I also sampled the shrimp and grits were not that great the gravy had a different taste.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Greenville, South Carolina
“If you can't handle the heat -- not for the mild at heart”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

My wife and I tried this when we were at an art festival earlier in the year and really enjoyed. Their Bloody Mary (at $8) is worth it. Comes with 2 olives and a strip of bacon. Everything we've tried is good -- their muffaleta could use more olive paste and they should offer a mild tartar sauce (my 23 year old son complained) but his fried fish was great -- the oysters don't compare with Folly Beach where he had just been. My wife tried the cajun sampler and said it all (etouffe, jambalaya and gumbo) was quite spicy. I took a work friend there and she was particularly taken with the shrimp salad -- said the pecans added a nice touch. I've yet to find a favorite but so far their food is good enough for me to return and keep searching. Warning! -- my son liked the sweet tea -- it is VERY sweet.

• Visited July 2012