“The aroma of Bocca” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Travelers Rest, South Carolina, United States
“The aroma of Bocca”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

We often visit Bocca Restaurant because of the savory and skillfully prepared food and the genuinely friendly service and atmosphere. What I noticed the minute we stepped in on our last visit was the delicious aroma that is the mark of fine dining. To me part of the eating experience is the aroma, which tells me there's fresh ingredients and excellent combinations of herbs in each and every dish. We always have our eye on the specials, such a the oysters Rockefeller and the lobster piccata. We're never disappointed. It's pretty awesome!

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Greenville, South Carolina
“Little Italy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

This is true Italian cuisine. Upon arrival, the waiter asked for our name then pointed to the table where we were to be seated. Not professional to say the least .We sat for a good 15 min. before anyone came over for our drink order and then we had to flag someone down. On to the food: The veal was cooked to perfection and appetizers were very good. The service left some concern due to the waiter spilled oil on my blouse as he placed the appetizer in front of me. I did not say anything due to my husband pointed out after he had left. They need to be more attentive to their guests.This is the only fault I have with this place. I have eaten there 3 times and will probably continue to go due to the food is so good. They do need more people on Friday/Saturday nights - and quit talking to the customers for minutes on end when other people are waiting to be served.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Greer, South Carolina
“Not your average Italian restuarant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

This is authentic, homey Italian food, lovingly prepared by a chef who is also the owner of the restaurant. Be prepared for an exquisite meal, and don't forget that glass of fine wine. Menu choices (not portions) are small, but you won't be disappointed with any dish you order. I had a special for the evening, grouper that was pan fried with a coating of fontina cheese, scallops, and shrimp. Delish. My husband had eggplant parmesan, and there was nothing run-of-the-mill about his entrée. The rolls served with meals are very addictive and not the usual basket of baguettes or focaccia bread that you see in most Italian restaurants. I would not recommend this restaurant for children, because this is a place you would want to take a special someone to enjoy a fine meal in a quiet atmosphere.

Trqvelers Rest
“Quail special”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

Wow, chef went out of his way to prepare a special Quail meal for us. Food was delicious red port wine gravy was delicious and the Zinfandel Coty picked was perfect

Greenville, South Carolina
“simply marvelous I asked to go back the next week”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

Charming just the right size these days thats something. My friend discovered Bocca and we went no previous knowledge. The wine selections good, cute bar. The menu not too big after all it isn't a factory it is a handcrafted Chef prepared meal. My friend had homemade cheese ravioli w/ yummy sauce and shellfish I was cautious and ordered Eggplant Parm. The restaurant is a gem I agree w/ another reviewer. I am hopeful as its fame grows the restaurant remains steadfast in its size and high quality. This place is so good I will make a reservation or wait.