“Can I go again right now?” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 43 Activities in Greenville
Type: Tours, Food & Drink
More attraction details
Owner description: The At the Chef’s Table Culinary Tour affords guests the opportunity to sit at the tables of some of the city’s top chefs and sample their signature dishes. Tours include special access and experiences that go far beyond the normal dining encounter. Not only do you get to meet the chefs and sample their creations, but you also get to see cooking demonstrations (usually offered on Tuesday tours), eat in elegant private dining areas, and more. Stops include visits to: Nose Dive (Gastropub) Soby's on the Side (Deli and Catering)* The Lazy Goat (Mediterranean cuisine and tapas) Soby's New South Cuisine (fine Southern cuisine) Passarelle Bistro (French inspired cuisine) Beyond the memorable culinary experiences, you will also learn fascinating insights into Greenville’s rich history, culture and architecture as well. (*If a restaurant has a schedule conflict, a stop at The Loft at Soby's or Papi's Tacos may be substituted. )
“Can I go again right now?”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

We were blown away by the tour. It was everything you want in this kind of experience: yummy, fun, interesting. Did I mention fun? We didn't expect to be so engaged with the chefs--they actually seemed like they enjoyed having us, very chatty and personable--or with our fellow tour-goers--we met and interacted with folks we might otherwise never have met. The food was excellent: fried wontons with prime rib, cantaloupe, and chile sauce (who thinks of that?!); curried chicken salad on phillo, sangria, hummus & crudites, goat cheese balls with pistachios & honey, white truffle french fries--and that's just from the first two restaurants! Incredible. You gotta take this tour. And sign me up again.

Visited March 2012

Greenville, South Carolina, United States
“Great for locals and visitors”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

The Greeenville Culinary tour is great for foodies and history buffs alike. As we walked between restaurants, John gave us the history of the buildings and their uses. Greenville has a lot more history than the common resident would realize. The restaurants on the tour are all top-notch. I would recommend this tour for anyone who wants to try the different restaurants downtown and learn a bit of the Greenville's history. Also, it a great date idea...

Visited March 2012
South Carolina
“A Delighful Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

We did the tour last evening with a group of friends. John, our guide, was personable and provided historical commentary as we visited the restaurants. It was nice to meet the restaurant managers and chefs and to sample the cuisine. I would recommend it to Greenville residents and visitors alike.

Taylors, SC
“Loved the experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

This tour was a great experience! We were able to visit 5 different restaurants in downtown Greenville--All a short walk from one another. Each restaurant served you something exciting and absolutely delicious. In addition to the wonderful food we were given the history of Greenville. I've lived and Greenville for 16 years and realized how little I knew of the history. It was fascinating! John was an excellent guide and I would highly recommend this tour to visitors to Greenville and really to anyone wanting a great evening out. I hope to go again sometime!

Buckeye, Arizona
“"Amazing Evening!"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

My husband and I took the tour last week while visiting friends in Greenville. I lived in Greenville for 5 years and never knew any of it's history prior to the tour. Each of the five restaurants exceeded our expectations! My husband's favorite dish was at the Lazy Goat. I think each of the stops were a favorite of mine. I look forward to taking the tour again when we are in the Greenville area. John was our guide and did an excellent job with all of his knowledge of Greenville's history! This tour is a must for anyone visiting the area.

Visited August 2012
GvilleHistoryTours, Owner at At the Chef's Table Culinary Tour, responded to this review, August 13, 2012
Thanks, Melinda! I appreciate you sharing your experience. It was a pleasure to meet you and Tim and to host you on a tour of some of Greenville's great restaurants!