“Always excellent, every time!” 5 of 5 stars

Red Roof Inn Greenville
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2801 Laurens Road, Greenville, SC 29607-5227   |
Ranked #37 of 62 hotels in Greenville
Florida
“Always excellent, every time!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

We have stayed at this property 6 or 7 times over the past 5 years. The staff is always accommodating and friendly, the rooms are unfailingly clean. On our last stay, July of '12, a partial power failure due to a thunderstorm caused our room to go dark, with no a/c. The hotel staff quickly found a room that had lights and a/c and helped us move. We've never had a negative experience at this property! We'll keep going back.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

54 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Church Hill, Tennessee, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2012

I discovered this hotel in my search for a moderately priced hotel in Greenville, SC. I found the hotel staff to be delightfully thoughtful and caring when it came to serving me and my family on three different occasions. I would recommend the hotel to my friends and family, and I especially appreciate Claudia and Dwayne for showing us some true southern hospitality. Thanks

Room Tip: Go with the Non-Smoking/King Deluxe Room. Best bang for the buck!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
atlanta
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2012

Well, my finaces grandfather passed so we drove over 150 miles from atlanta to greenville for the funeral. i booked the rooms on May 31st. i got there sunday afternoon it was only going to be one night with two rooms. Well, the mean heavy set lady at the check desk told me as i was walking through the door that they were booked. i ignored her because i booked mine three days before. so i walked up the the front desk and she said we are booked all weekend ma'am. I told her that i had reservations and she said they had nothing available. and i said that doenst make any sense i booked last week and now all the rooms are taken. she didnt even ask me my name or take my info. until my mother in law said well can you just check the name ------ to see if there is any room under that name is one of the booked rooms?. she tapped on the keyboard and she said yes but we were booked before u made the reservations so you will haveto go and find somewhere else to sleep. good luck trying to find another room b^%@#.. i was floored it took everything i had not to jump over the counter,,.. so i got on the phone with the reservation number i called and notified them of this evil, rude, mean and no customer service having wench that was at the front desk. they said to just find another hotel and they would try to take care of my accomodations.. i ended up staying at a nasty la quinta on woodruff.. ugh. but after reading the other ratings and reviews about this hotel i should have known this hotel was some bs... ugh!!!!

Room Tip: Drury inn.. they had breakfast, three drinks per room on woodruff.. it was expensive but my mother i...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Knoxville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2012

Extremely pleased with this customer service at this location. Spend over 200+ nights in hotels due to work and stay at this location every chance I get. Great manager and Staff.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Greenville, South Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2012

Was traveling on business and decided to just get a cheap room for the night between my travels. Price was around $50 a night and was servicable. Nothing spectacular about the place but the price was right and the room was relatively clean. Rooms are really small so any more than 2 people in the smaller rooms will be crowded.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2012 via mobile

I usually stay at a slightly up scale hotel chain but needed a good place for a good price.

This is an older hotel that has been refurbished very nicely on the interiors. Fridge and microwave in my king room is a nice touch for me as I dislike fast food breakfasts and prefer to bring my own.

Already booked my next stay.

• Stayed January 2012
US
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

We stayed at this Red Roof for three nights. When we arrived, we were told we could not get into our room until 5:30 pm although check-in is much earlier. They offered us a smaller room that was available then, so we took it. They were going to charge us the higher rate for the room we booked and we had to argue to get the rate reduced because this room had less amenities.
On entering the room, it looked ok. But I went to the beds and when I pulled back the bedspread on one bed, there was dried feces caked on it. There were black specks all over the sheets. On the other bed, when we pulled down the bedspread, there was a stain of human fluids on the sheets, through to the mattress cover, and on the mattress. There were black hairs all over the sheets. It was obvious the maids had just pulled up the covers and never changed the sheets between customers. We went down to ask for someone to fix the filthy sheets and bedspread, they handed us sheets and told us to change the beds ourselves. The bathtub was dirty, and there were no shampoo and soap.
We tried to check out and get another room in town, but hotels were full due to a special event.
The television is extremely old and 3 of the channels were totally fuzzy and did not come in.The air conditioner did not work. It either was on full blast or stopped completely. There was no fan.
The next day we were gone all day and when we returned, we found that there were no towels left in the room and the bedspreads had just been messily pulled up. No vacuuming at all and there was trash under the beds with dust on it. We went to the office to complain and they handed us an armful of damp towels and told us to take those.
The next day we were gone all day and once again, the room had no towels, not water glasses and no soap. One of our keys also did not work. We went to the office and once again were given damp towels.
When we returned from dinner, once again our keys did not work. Also, there were 5 teenage boys carrying beer who had been checked into the room 2 doors down from us. They were running on the top floor hall with buckets of ice to obviously have a party.
We went to the office to have new keys made and started to complain about the overall poor service and accomodations we had had. Marietta the desk clerk looked at us and said, "I don't take complaints, I'm pregnant." She wouldn't listen and said, "It's not my problem." We went back to the room and the keys still didn't work. We once again walked back down and asked for keys to work. We got attitude from Marietta.
At checkout, we still had the rip-off charge for a safe fee despite the fact that we had specifically said we did not want to use the safe.
FILTHY HOTEL, HORRIBLE SERVICE, BAD ATTITUDE. One of the worst Red Roofs in the country. Avoid it at all costs.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business

Been to Red Roof Inn Greenville? Share your experiences!